• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Addicted to BotW

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Apple 🍎
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So I know I'm late to the party, but I finally got my hands on the Switch. I've had BOtW since release though lol. And now I'm pretty much dead to the world. I spend all my time playing, except for when I'm at work. I think I need to stop but I go through withdrawal anytime I'm not playing. Anyone else feel this way about the game? All Zelda games always give me this feeling, but exploration in this game is just amazing (although underpopulated, unfortunately..) Anyway, can anyone relate?

No spoilers please! I'm still pretty early on in the game.

i don't have the switch or botw yet ... ): i wish i did though! it's such a beautiful game and i really want to play it, if only for the exploration part (i have a bad habit of never actually finishing zelda games... but hey, majora's complicated!)

I lost maybe 3 weeks of my life to BotW when it came out. It's quite the game.

I hope we hear more about the final DLC that's coming out, as I've purposefully stopped playing so I can go back to it and pretend it's a new experience again

Day 216,
I've been sitting in front of my Wii U for god knows how long now.
This world is endless. I've completed the entire game twice. I'm fairly sure I've lost my peripheral vision, as my eyes are glued onto the screen in front of me. I haven't eaten in a week.
Or Two? Time has no value anymore.
Send help.
//
I'm kidding, buuut, BoTW was pretty much my life for two months as I completed and recompleted the game. If you're on here you're clearly not as sucked into it as I was. I would legitimately sleep in my basement just to wake up in front of my Wii U to play.
Don't have the switch yet, but I'll be getting it. c:

Yeah, I've been playing every day since June. Just over 300 hours played and still enjoying every moment. I'm going to do the final thing before Mario Odyssey releases though so my slate is clear for that.

I'll probably dive back in afterwards if I like the look of the second DLC content.

Easily my favourite game in years. Awesome. ;)

Yeah, this game is really cool. I really should actually beat the final boss. lol I keep getting distracted by side quests and climbing stuff. I haven't even tried the hard mode yet and the dlc coming out in the holiday is probably just going to make me addicted to this game again.

While I love botw I'm more hooked into my spanking shiny new splattoon 2 :)
Finding shrines is annoying....

i was like this when i got the game but after i finished all sidequests, found all korok seeds, killed all mini bosses and upgraded almost all of my armor to the max i don't have a lot to do anymore ): i have been taking nicer pictures for gear, enemies abd animals and all that but i really don't have much to do and i'm honestly considering restarting my file just to have things to do ;_;

Finally finished last night. Defeated the final boss!

All the shrines
All armour upgraded
All memories

Game map shows me at 50% complete lmao ;)

Oh honey, that was the only thing I did once my homework was done, and even doing homework was difficult. Sadly, I didn't get it on Switch since I don't have one yet but I got it on Wii U, but even then, ADDICTED. However, I will hopefully get a Switch near the end of this month, but I'm not sure if Zelda will be the first game, since I finished it not long ago and also I want to start it with the DLC, which I won't have by them. I'll probably get Skyrim first, but when I do get Zelda, someone will have to hide my Switch from me because OH BOYY!

hahaha! I know how it feels! I'm trying to save as much of the game for myself as possible, since I've an 11 hour flight coming up (god bless my portable charger)

However every night I've been picking it up, farming monster parts, trying to expand my map, its really such a wonderful game! I've been having a lot of fun trying to get into the castle with only 3 hearts (I'm saving the shrines for my flight) and I can't get past the *spoiler* rooms..... I'd use a guardian arrow... but what a waste! I won't even get any loot out of them then! :p

I'm def someone who gets addicted to games. Botw is one of those games where its just soooo fun to pick up and play. I know I will run out of things to do, but even just trolling the enemy ai is fun for now :D

If I were to say my favourite thing in the game? It's cooking. It's cooking for sure. I would love for something like that to come to animal crossing ^^

I am VERY addicted to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. My last gameplay time check states that I have amassed a total of 435 hours or more.

I have managed to do all of the following in the game and I have managed to achieve a 100% completion.

Classified Envelope - Collect all 385 Hyrule Compendium Photos
Hestu's Gift - Collect all 900 Korok Seeds
Medal of Honor: Talus - Destroy all 40 Stone Talus
Medal of Honor: Hinox - Destroy all 40 Hinox
Medal of Honor: Molduga - Destroy all 4 Molduga
Traveler's Bridle - Receive by scanning Link (Rider) amiibo
Knight's Bridle - Shoot 20/25 Balloons in the Mounted Archery Challenge
Royal Bridle - Complete 'The Royal White Stallion' sidequest.
Extravagant Bridle - Complete the Horse Jumping Challenge
Monster Bridle - Complete two Divine Beasts and purchase from Kilton for 399 Mon
Traveler's Saddle - Receive by scanning Link (Rider) amiibo
Knight's Saddle - Shoot 23/25 Balloons in the Mounted Archery Challenge
Royal Saddle - Complete 'The Royal White Stallion' sidequest.
Extravagant Saddle - Complete the Horse Jumping Challenge
Monster Saddle - Complete two Divine Beasts and purchase from Kilton for 299 Mon
Travel Medallion - Found in a treasure chest underneath Lomei Labyrinth Island

Last edited:
yup, it's totally addictive. my advice is to take your time and enjoy it. i was trying to hold off on defeating Gannon for as long as possible but kinda accidentally explored my way into the fight and reached the ending. i still have some shrines to find tho and inventory slots to expand...

- - - Post Merge - - -

yup, it's totally addictive.. my advice is to take your time and enjoy it. i was trying to hold off on defeating Gannon for as long as possible but kinda accidentally explored my way into the fight and reached the ending. i still have some shrines to find tho and inventory slots to expand...

I am VERY addicted to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. My last gameplay time check states that I have amassed a total of 435 hours or more.

I have managed to do all of the following in the game and I have managed to achieve a 100% completion.

Classified Envelope - Collect all 385 Hyrule Compendium Photos
Hestu's Gift - Collect all 900 Korok Seeds
Medal of Honor: Talus - Destroy all 40 Stone Talus
Medal of Honor: Hinox - Destroy all 40 Hinox
Medal of Honor: Molduga - Destroy all 4 Molduga
Traveler's Bridle - Receive by scanning Link (Rider) amiibo
Knight's Bridle - Shoot 20/25 Balloons in the Mounted Archery Challenge
Royal Bridle - Complete 'The Royal White Stallion' sidequest.
Extravagant Bridle - Complete the Horse Jumping Challenge
Monster Bridle - Complete two Divine Beasts and purchase from Kilton for 399 Mon
Traveler's Saddle - Receive by scanning Link (Rider) amiibo
Knight's Saddle - Shoot 23/25 Balloons in the Mounted Archery Challenge
Royal Saddle - Complete 'The Royal White Stallion' sidequest.
Extravagant Saddle - Complete the Horse Jumping Challenge
Monster Saddle - Complete two Divine Beasts and purchase from Kilton for 299 Mon
Travel Medallion - Found in a treasure chest underneath Lomei Labyrinth Island

I've played for 365 hours and have 50 koroks and the final master sword upgrade to go (I don't care about the amiibo exclusives) before completely completing the game. It does get a bit boring after so many hours though so I probably won't pick it up again until the next dlc drops.

I liked it at first, but it just kept getting progressively too hard for me, I'm at the point now where I haven't touched the game for months. I think I'm gonna re-start my save file, any tips on how to make the game any easier?

This probably makes me sound like a noob but this is my first Zelda game or any game like this. Only played Animal Crossing and Pokemon before.

I liked it at first, but it just kept getting progressively too hard for me, I'm at the point now where I haven't touched the game for months. I think I'm gonna re-start my save file, any tips on how to make the game any easier?

This probably makes me sound like a noob but this is my first Zelda game or any game like this. Only played Animal Crossing and Pokemon before.

If you haven't already done so, find all the fairy fountains so you can max out your armour. The game becomes much easier after that. You almost become invincible.

It also helps to beat the Divine Beast for Mipha. Her power is a basically a free fairy that comes back after a certain time. I died a lot less in BoW after I got this. Urbosa's power is pretty good too since it can take out a lot of enemies at once, but that is a hard boss to beat.

Back