Gift ideas for dad who wants nothing?

Arjh

Lost soul
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Basically it's my dad's birthday on 22nd October and I have no idea what to get him and when I ask him he just says not to get him anything.
Unfortunately due to having a tooth problem I can't get him Thornton's toffees which he loves but might get him chocolate covered Brazil nuts.

I've tried googling ideas but my dad really isn't into novelty items and most suggestions are from America which is useless as I'm in the U.K.

So I decided to try my fellow tbters to see if you have any suggestions for gifts for an impossible dad?

Take this w a grain of salt cause I don't interact w my dad often since he lives in another country so

How about you take him out if he has a hobby like fishing? Or maybe try something new together like bungee jumping lmao or something along that line? Plan a day trip somewhere in the UK that he's never been? Even a surprise dinner (but just like make sure it's food that won't give him tooth trouble if that's possible) is also great. I think gifting experiences is nice when someone doesn't have something material that they want ^ - ^

favorite restaurant? everybody likes food (unless you don't, which is weird seeing as you need it to live)

Cook him something amazing for dinner. If you still live with him, maybe also surprise him with a super clean house that he can relax in.

a great gift for my dad: have the dishes done before he gets home lmao

in all seriousness, you could always take him out somewhere instead! maybe his favorite restaurant or an activity both of you will enjoy. e.g miniature golfing, bowling, the movies, etc.

Dinner out is a good idea, maybe a gift certificate to a place he enjoys.
I usually get my dad a bunch of chocolate truffles or turtles and a treasury edition of one of his favorite comics.

typically (from my experience) dads who say stuff like that would probably appreciate a long, heartfelt, nicely decorated letter. maybe he isn't interested in material things. so maybe he might appreciate things with some sort of sentimental value.

What I got for my dad one time was I wrapped up an unwrapped Sonic mint in a tiny ring box, and then I wrapped that in a bigger jewelry box, and then I wrapped THAT in a 3DS box, and I just went on and on. It was a huge box in the end, I think it was one I had from my mini fridge lol. It was funny to watch him unwrap it over and over again -- maybe 30 times! Just to find a mint! He has the same sense of humor as me so he loved it.

Then I gave him an oil painting I made for him that took me 2 weeks to paint of a father and daughter figure at the beach -- our absolute favorite location -- with P51 Mustangs in the sky because that's both of our favorite plane.

A gift card for somewhere he likes shopping maybe? That or the default of one of the ~?4 deodorant sets that you can find around about this time of year.

Thanks for the great ideas :D

I'm going to give him gift cards, Thornton's chocolate Brazil nuts and a heartfelt note in his card to show how much he means to me :blush:

Does he have any interest in certain charities? There are a lot of great charities that you can do a donation in his name and print a certificate/card to give him showing it.

That or I find a lot of creative things on Etsy. So you might have luck entering searches for things he likes and find some creative things.

You could try making some copies of some family photos or photos of you both together and doing a scrap booking project with them along with some sweet messages on each page or recollection of memories you have with him...etc.

a box

with a box inside it

with a box inside it

with a box inside it

with a box inside it

with a box inside it

with a box inside it

with a b-

Last edited:
Back