• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things that happen that give you the *most* satisfaction?

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Earlier, I was at the island, and I caught like 4 sharks in the first 5 minutes, along with a golden stag, 2 horned hercules, and blue marlins, and I felt this wave of emotion wash over me (pun intended :p) and realized it was this pure, deep satisfaction.

Of course, I freak out during a lot of 'small' moments, for example, when I get a picture not expecting it, or if an animal just says something really sweet and I'm feeling down, but this is a different feeling and I'm not sure what to call it but I really like it. Animal crossing has kept me sane these past weeks..

Do you have any moments that make you feel like this? :)

For me, it's seeing unique skies - orange sunsets, double rainbows, or cumulonimbus clouds. It's bliss!
That's just the main thing that comes to mind right now :) I'm always finding simple happiness in small things.

Villagers I want out actually moving. Although I hate that 10 days move-out so I prefer doing it the card-way.

When a villager starts to wear the clothes you've designed at Able's. (Looking at you Shari)

When you get a picture from someone that has moved, makes you feel melancholy about them leaving.

When a villager sends you random items by letter.

When I manage to avoid loading up the game on days when there's someone on my event plaza which messes up the paths. Nothing makes me happier than not having to lay the paths back down. @____@

My favourite thing is filling up a dug hole while it's raining. I could literally just listen to that sound all day. It's so calming. And the music that accompanies it is always so twinkly and relaxing. Ahhh I just love the rain.

when i get the motivation to play again and get a lot done on my town that day.
i haven played in like 6 months and im so scared to load up my town again.

When I finally completed the fossil section of the museum (a week ago after 4 years of gameplay) and realized I can finally cover my entire town in flowers and paths if I want to without wondering if I was making myself miss out on that final piece of the styraco.

When a villager you want a PWP from pings you the second you walk outside...

When my villagers start wearing the designs I put up in the Able Sisters shop or when I mail them a cuter outfit to get them to change out the ugly one and they actually put it on.

Someone I really don't like decides to move out.

I love when villagers say random cute/unique things. I’ve had the game since release, and even though dialogue is rather repetitive, now and then I find something new.

Also I like when I’m able to go on quick beetle hunts and not spend hours trying to find bugs.

Also I love when the snow melts and you can see the grass again. It’s awesome :p certain weather also makes me happy... sunsets, thunderstorms, and cherry peals.

i love when a villager pings me to move so i can stop them right away. i play every other day just to make sure no one is moving so it makes it a lot easier getting a quick ping!

When my villagers start wearing the designs I put up in the Able Sisters shop or when I mail them a cuter outfit to get them to change out the ugly one and they actually put it on.

Someone I really don't like decides to move out.

I LOVE it when they wear my designs! And then they start spreading it around. I feel like such a fashionista lol

It's very satisfying when a villager plots exactly in the 3x3 you leave for them on the first go. Also, destroying unwanted flowers by trampling them is very therapeutic.

Weird/ unusual things like having 2 villagers playing hide and seek instead of 3 even though plenty of other villagers are awake. Or seeing a moth despawn because it's too far away from a lamp/ other light source and I didn't catch it fast enough.

Villagers happy dance.
Villagers telling me they're happy to see me or complimenting me when I'm feeling down.
When Cyrus waves after re-furnishing an item.
Random letters from villagers.
Villagers sitting/sleeping on tree stumps.
Villagers sleeping while standing in their houses, I never wake them up.
Getting a PWP suggestion I actually want.
Sound of snow under your feet while walking/running.
Pine trees with Christmas lights.
Christmas Eve music and giving each villager the right item.

I could go on but that'll do for now.

Visiting my museum makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside especially since I've completed all departments. I particularly like hanging around the aquarium section, but that is probably because I just love aquariums in real life.

Visiting my museum makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside especially since I've completed all departments. I particularly like hanging around the aquarium section, but that is probably because I just love aquariums in real life.

Awww I think the museum is a bit underrated, maybe that's why I like when you first start the game and always trek up to see Blathers about donating stuff. Animal crossing taught me so much about fish and bugs I didn't know before!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Villagers happy dance.
Villagers telling me they're happy to see me or complimenting me when I'm feeling down.
When Cyrus waves after re-furnishing an item.
Random letters from villagers.
Villagers sitting/sleeping on tree stumps.
Villagers sleeping while standing in their houses, I never wake them up.
Getting a PWP suggestion I actually want.
Sound of snow under your feet while walking/running.
Pine trees with Christmas lights.
Christmas Eve music and giving each villager the right item.

I could go on but that'll do for now.

Omg I can never get enough of villagers falling asleep on stumps or sitting on benches!

Awww I think the museum is a bit underrated, maybe that's why I like when you first start the game and always trek up to see Blathers about donating stuff. Animal crossing taught me so much about fish and bugs I didn't know before!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg I can never get enough of villagers falling asleep on stumps or sitting on benches!

I know it's so cute, hence my avatar. It's so nice when you sit beside a villager on a bench and it makes them so happy, I always feel guilty when I have to get up and leave them.

I lovee it when I'm around to catch villagers having conversations! I always feel left out (LOL) when I see them walking around mad or happy when it's clear they just had a conversation with another villager that I missed T ___ T I also like seeing them sit on benches and when you sit next time them, they smile (I wonder if this has to do with friendship maybe cause whenever my side characters sit with them, they never smile...).

In general, I just like it whenever things go the way I planned it to go (like bushes are where I need them and paths are looking nice etc. etc.)

Last edited:
Double rainbows, sunsets, just beautiful days where it's so bright and the flowers and tree's are very vibrant.
Finding all of the fossils for the day.
When a villager moves in and doesn't ruin anything

Back