• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you want to see in a future AC game?

Less internet required interaction.
They shouldn't have badges not everyone can get.
I liked AC because it was relaxing. No time limit. No internet required, but it's changing.

I have to pay for data on my mobile, and will never own another PC, so please... no forced internet in any future AC game(s).

i want bigger towns, a slightly different perspective thats more like the mario kart one for the animal crossing track wwhich makes everything feel so much bigger

This. Omg as soon as I saw screenshots of the animal crossing track I fell in love with it and hoped they?d make a game with this sort of perspective. Especially with the mini-levels like the shops slightly raised from the main path by steps. Super cute! :)

I want the return of red turnip farming, fall acorns, and golden trees but for new features I would love to see more variety when it comes to bamboo, new bushes where you could pick the fruit/ flowers that grow on it, more beach trees, beach flowers (yes they exist in real life), being able to plant the potted plants from lief outside, fox and tanuki villager types, and of course a bigger town ?ω?

If the new game comes on the switch the bigger town is almost guaranteed though so I don't mind that, + more people would play and possibly better online features since quite a few of the games on the switch allow you to connect to other regions, not just the one you live in (please Nintendo do the same for the next AC game...)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I want the return of red turnip farming, fall acorns, and golden trees but for new features I would love to see more variety when it comes to bamboo, new bushes where you could pick the fruit/ flowers that grow on it, more beach trees, beach flowers (yes they exist in real life), being able to plant the potted plants from lief outside, fox and tanuki villager types, and of course a bigger town ?ω?

If the new game comes on the switch the bigger town is almost guaranteed though so I don't mind that, + more people would play and possibly better online features since quite a few of the games on the switch allow you to connect to other regions, not just the one you live in (please Nintendo do the same for the next AC game...)

I would like to see a few things. More customisation on the exterior of your house. The constellations from Wild World is also a great thing that I wish could be added. (Yuzu?s idea) In my opinion there should be more public works projects and the town meeting idea sounds fun too

1. Being able to change perspective outside!! I am seriously hoping for this
2. More interactive PWP
3. Be able to go to an actual camp site.. Kind of like the island.. And they have special bugs and items that you can only get there
4. Return of Flea Market Day every Saturday
5. More personality for the villagers
6. The ability to have one animal be your roommate

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. Being able to change perspective outside!! I am seriously hoping for this
2. More interactive PWP
3. Be able to go to an actual camp site.. Kind of like the island.. And they have special bugs and items that you can only get there
4. Return of Flea Market Day every Saturday
5. More personality for the villagers
6. The ability to have one animal be your roommate

probably like a hotel much like the camping site in nl where villagers can visit and you can ask them to move in. Or maybe having multiple people living in the same house. Or rooming up with villagers

This. Omg as soon as I saw screenshots of the animal crossing track I fell in love with it and hoped they’d make a game with this sort of perspective. Especially with the mini-levels like the shops slightly raised from the main path by steps. Super cute! :)
exactly, along with everything looking bigger, itll make the town feel so big and like you can be in a real forest if you wanted, or just make the town feel overall whatever you want it to be. me id go with a naturey feel to it with plenty of trees and flowers and the shops not feel close to our size <3

I've been saying there should be a racing stadium since Wild World.

You could race villagers on weekends for prizes, and car upgrades.

I want a boat too.
No more $1000 trips from that singing turtle.
Deep sea fishing.

Last edited:
the beach town sounds cute and I like the idea of being able to go to different places with specific weather/ terrain, kind of like the zelda games? just the ability to be able to transport to a different aesthetic land is refreshing and keeps things interesting!

honestly I just want to finally be able to put furniture outdoors TT_TT
like come on. so many cute gardening/ outdoor stuff and I have to keep them all inside on a fake grass carpet :(

That's true. Maybe just no more automatically getting to chose what villagers you want amiibo. That made the game boring to me at least.

The only thing I don't like, is they take forever to ping to move.
In the end, I gave up, booted everyone out, and plot reset 10 amiibo's where I wanted them. ^_^

I'd love to see Bat Villagers in two basic sizes.

Firstly, Small Bats. They'd generally resemble mice, but have pointed ears, and wings instead of arms. Some would have funny noses, like some small bats do.

Next, Flying Foxes. They'd be the same size as deer, with similar heads, and they'd have much larger wing-arms than the small bats.

Bats in general stay up much later than other villagers; going to bed at around 2 am, and then wake up at about 10 am, regardless of personality type. They'd also stay inside their houses until about 5 pm, and make comments about this occasionally when asked, saying how the sun hurts their eyes, and so they usually don't go outside until it starts getting a bit darker.

bumping this up after the announcement of the switch game!! :D

Last edited:
I guess I was the only one who thought New Leaf was the ultimate Animal Crossing, especially after the Amiibo update and spin-off games.
I suppose Nintendo won't let the passing of Satoru Iwata stop them! Let's hope he would absolutely love how the new game turns out, may he rest in peace♥

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested already but I would be happy if they could allow us to change the games' OST. For me, New Leaf music was disappointing and music plays a huge role in games for me. Therefore, it would be nice if we could change it and customize our different hours from all the OST that have been released in previous versions.

Back