• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you want to see in a future AC game?

The ability to design your own town, e.g. choosing where the shops and the town hall are. Also mapping out your own route for the river :)

There are many things I would like to see in a new game. To name a few:

- A bigger town, with space for 15-20 villagers
- Town maps with river shapes like in Wild World, where you also can get a town like this (for example):

View attachment 210166

- New PWPs
- Speaking of PWPs: More freedom where you can put a PWP, also maybe the possibility to build
PWPs on the beach (like a parasol for example)
- The possibility to decide together with the villager on which spot the villager build his/her house
- More mayor tasks (if you're still the mayor in the next game)
- Instead of the train station we have in New Leaf, I would like to see a subway, like having a
underground area in your town would be cool
- Bring back the flea market!
- Bring also back the note in a bottle!!
- And very important: Bring back the observatory!!!
- New hairstyles (long and curly hairstyles would be great), maybe the possibility to dye your hair
in more then just one color
- More shops, maybe a combination of the town from Happy Home Designer and the main street
from New Leaf would be nice
- Basically all features from HHD
- New fruits
- New items (of course)
- Bats, foxes, ferrets and raccoons as new animal species (villagers)

I just want to see a new console or handheld AC. I'm not interested in mobile games.

Nintendo should release an AC game on the Switch. That would be amazing since you could play portable or on the TV.

okay, I really love the idea about custom weather option, I really wanna see that happen. I can't think of much right now but more hairstyle options would be cool.

-If you had the ability to hop/jump.
-Maybe fix the whole season thing, so that the people in the southern hemisphere don't have to have snow in the summer and cicadas in the Winter.
-Bringing back the Observatory would be nice.

something where one fool couldn't hold everyone hostage at Club Tortimer, and one person's wifi dropping wouldn't boot everyone else from the island...

and make it where a villager can't decide to move out until they've pinged you first so you have the chance to change their mind...

I love the town meeting idea. I need my villagers to request more public work projects. I want more clothes/furniture. Between New Leaf, Happy Home Designer, and now Pocket Camp - they all have the same clothes and furniture. Being able to decorate myself and houses are my favourite part, but it?s boring when you have the same stuff. I would love longer and prettier hair styles too.

There are many things I would like to see in a new game. To name a few:

- A bigger town, with space for 15-20 villagers
- Town maps with river shapes like in Wild World, where you also can get a town like this (for example):

[image]

- New PWPs
- Speaking of PWPs: More freedom where you can put a PWP, also maybe the possibility to build
PWPs on the beach (like a parasol for example)
- The possibility to decide together with the villager on which spot the villager build his/her house
- More mayor tasks (if you're still the mayor in the next game)
- Instead of the train station we have in New Leaf, I would like to see a subway, like having a
underground area in your town would be cool
- Bring back the flea market!
- Bring also back the note in a bottle!!
- And very important: Bring back the observatory!!!
- New hairstyles (long and curly hairstyles would be great), maybe the possibility to dye your hair
in more then just one color
- More shops, maybe a combination of the town from Happy Home Designer and the main street
from New Leaf would be nice
- Basically all features from HHD
- New fruits
- New items (of course)
- Bats, foxes, ferrets and raccoons as new animal species (villagers)

love your ideas!! i really want pwps on the beach, like umbrellas, beach chairs, life guard stand, sandcastles, or even an ice cream stand maybe :D that'd be cute.

i would also like to be able to negotiate with a villager where they can place their house. maybe as mayor you can designate plots of land where villagers are allowed to move. in the real world you can't just decide to build a house in the middle of a park!

I want so much in the next game, I feel so greedy.

-Mines
-Cooking
-Touch move PWP
-able to "HHD" villager homes
-More music
-Another island (like DIE)
-An underwater cave
-Rock and Mineral Show
-Transparent pixels on QR tiles
-Expand Retail
-Changes in Nooks (Timmy and Tommy are teens?).
-Kicks utilized more some how
-Museum collects shells, Gulliver items, maybe nuts and leaves?
-Flee market return
-Neck items
-Gloves... why must we only have one lost mitten?!
-Collect books for a libary

Just so much. I can't wait though. I have a feeling we've been waiting for awhile but it will be worth it.
LOVE all of these ideas. especially transparent pixels on QR tiles... it'd make paths so much easier!

i also would love to see sunflowers in this game. they're my favorite :D

I don't have too many ideas, nor have I thought on them much, but I'll share anyway!

-HHD features. Ideally on villagers homes too, but seems unlikely. (Maybe one of their tasks for you could be to ask them decorate their home? Or maybe just if you buy enough from Tom Nook's Homes so he'll ask you to work part-time whenever you want to)
-Dia de los muertos themed stuff? I just really like the traditions and culture behind it, and it generally has very bright, pretty colors. I could use like, some pretty orange flower arches and stuff.
-even MORE kinds of flowers/plants!
-the villagers switching to long-sleeves in the winter?? Must be so cold??
-more friendship options with the villagers, and even activities. I wanna show my dreamies i love and care about them
-more official mayor tasks. i feel like isabelle is the mayor and not me. poor isabelle. And, on that note...
-BREAKS FOR ISABELLE
-I WANNA SEE HER RELAXING AT THE BEACH AND STROLLING THROUGH FLOWER FEILDS

Last edited:
To add to the HHD features, maybe it could be an optional mini-game when villagers move in. Usually I'm excited to see my new villagers, but you have to wait two days (one for the plot and the second to unpack) for them to be a part of the town. In my vision, you could offer to help them unpack, and it would be a HHD style mini-game where they give you little tips about where they want what things. If the villager likes your design, they'll be able to leave the house and interact immediately (and if they don't, they'll spend the day they'd usually unpack reorganizing).

For already-moved-in villagers, it could just expand on the "I was wondering if you could come over and give me some interior design tips" dialogue from New Leaf where they invite you to their place just for you to stand awkwardly in their doorway for five minutes. You wanted me to help, let me help!

Backpacks, gloves, multiple islands, gloves, new emotes, interactive house items (like being able to get into the bath tub items)

i love all these ideas :D especially about customizing your own town.

another thing i'd like to see maybe is being able to have multiple towns in one game, instead of having to buy another cartridge to have a second town. then that way multiple people could also play on the same device.

Unless Nintendo messes it up. The switch would inheritedly have multiple towns.

Just have things like The Island, Amiibo Card support, that kind of snarky writing style, and just the general feeling that there's so much to do, and see, and you and haven't seen the half of it yet! Just the stuff that truly makes Animal Crossing great! Also Rover as a villager. Please?

Cars and boats.
I want my own to go deep sea fishing.
That should be an option.

Also, realistic underwater diving with scuba gear!

Instant item customization, with previews of the finished item. Cyrus's half-hour cooldown drives me crazy, particularly when I have no reference for the finished item, and may have to remake it three or four times before I'm actually happy with it.

Also, I'd be interested in a cooking system - there are so many food-themed furniture items, and it would be neat if you could craft them for yourself via cooking, as well as actual food for villager gifts/requests. This mechanic already exists for the Harvest Festival, so it could probably be expanded on from there.

Instant item customization, with previews of the finished item. Cyrus's half-hour cooldown drives me crazy, particularly when I have no reference for the finished item, and may have to remake it three or four times before I'm actually happy with it.

Also, I'd be interested in a cooking system - there are so many food-themed furniture items, and it would be neat if you could craft them for yourself via cooking, as well as actual food for villager gifts/requests. This mechanic already exists for the Harvest Festival, so it could probably be expanded on from there.

I would love to be able to preview Cyrus' customizations!
I'm constantly googling them for images.

Not all items are listed, even in the most updated lists.
I'm still discovering items that can now be customized, that aren't on any list.

I saw this "Make believe" video on Youtube. It was about animal crossing, and one of the ideas that I really liked was:
Being able to decorate letters with stickers, and able to write with the pencil to make the letters more personal.
Toolbox, so that we get more inventory and does not have to store our tools in letters.
Outside view change..? Being able to change the camera view outside, and zoom out and in.

Last edited:
First of all I wish we could choose the color of our mayor's skin. This is a very important social inclusion issue for me.

I would like many of the objects to be really interactive, also bringing physiological needs to the game. It would be very interesting to take care of our mayor in real time, making him cook for lunch / dinner. Or after spending too much time in the sun, make him feel the need to take a cold shower and even feel the need to actually use a toilet, do not just sit on it.

I wish we, as mayors, had the opportunity to choose some events in the city.

It would be cool, too, to have farewell parties when a villager is leaving! And a welcome party also seems to be great.

I wish the game also gave us the opportunity to plant vegetables, sell them or use them in cooking.

I would like to see more customization (in general), furniture and haircuts and so on. A bigger and more customizable map, too, without having to reset the game over and over again until you feel comfortable with a map for which you will spend months and maybe even years using it.

And finally, but VERY important: have the opportunity to help the villager choose where his home can be. Again, this would be great for avoiding multiple and multiple resets.

~ Forgive me for the English, I'm still learning!

Back