• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you want to see in a future AC game?

mitfy

court jester
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ruby
Pink Candy
even though it's still unclear when we're getting a new game and on what console/device, what would you want to see in a future AC game?

i love being mayor of the town, so i hope that's something that stays. i think it'd be fun to choose what type of town you could live in! like the default town we get in NL, including some other options! like..

• a beach town! maybe it's an island like on tours and you take a boat to a mainland, or it's just right on the beach and the "main street" would be like a pier/dock area with shops and stuff! i think something like that would be cute.
  • maybe towns where it's one season for majority of the year. like how in HHD you can choose the weather and season of where you place a house, you can choose to live in a town where it's often rainy, or the summers/winters are shorter lived, or a mountainous town where it's always snowy and cold. maybe even a dry arid type area. it would be true to the real world where some locations are more prone to certain types of weather than others or have unbalanced seasons.
  • town meetings? like, you can go to isabelle and call for a town meeting, and you and your villagers can discuss things regarding the town... maybe as a way to see how you can improve the town status, or an extra chance to get PWP requests? maybe you can also set up custom events, like "Hide & Seek Wednesdays" or something!

also, i'm not one of these people, but there are lots of people who are very talented at QR designs, so maybe a spinoff game like HHD that's like a clothing shop! you can sell the clothing/designs you make to customers and take custom requests as well, like in HHD. maybe even include GracieGrace in there at some point too. i'm sure there'd be lots of people who might like that

another thing that i actually think about sometimes... are there no such things as tides in acnl? it's kind of funny to think about, because a lower tide would be a bit of a way from the beach ramp, and high tide would have waves crashing against the walls and close the beach for the hour(s) it's active. i think it could add more variety to the day (though be inconvenient if there's high tide when you were planning to fish or go to the island). but to make up for that, maybe when it's low tide there's a chance to dig up things on the beach that washed up, since there's more sand to explore. maybe there could be special seashells or creatures that you dig up during low tide.

whoops, i didn't mean to make this that long. but yeah, those are some random ideas i got, haha

Oo i love the town meeting idea! That sounds like it would be funny.

What I really want them to bring back from Wild World is the ability to make constellations in the sky! Celeste used to run an observatory where you could connect the stars in the sky and see the things you made at different times of year. :)

ooh! i never had wild world but i would love to see that feature come back. i love space and stars so that sounds so cool :0!

I would like to have at least two playable characters living in the same house. In Wild World, all four were in the same house but they were restricted to sleeping in the attic when you were playing. It'd be nice if the other character(s) would randomly walk around the house and inside of it kind of like they do when you visit a town through the dream suite.

I'd like to see more house customization. Like options to put your designs on your house? Or change what your Villagers houses exteriors look like, even if it was just between the presets, I can't tell you how many times I've loved a villager that fits in with the 'theme' of a town only to realize that a character that usually would fit in a Horror-themed town is now totally invalidated because their house looks like a bouncy house at a 5-year-old's birthday party. (Looking at you Pietro)
If PWPs come back I'd love to be able to visit other towns and bring back PWPs from there. I'd also like to be able to customize the paper I write my letters on. Imagine having a customized mayor's seal on your letters.
I'd like to see more options for hairstyles too, and a full on color wheel instead of the color swatches you're offered. I want something simple not a freaking guessing game when it comes to your face and your hair.
Finally I want to be able to customize my own map.
Being able to redirect the rivers, place villagers houses WHERE I WANT THEM, remove rocks ENTIRELY, chose where the waterfalls and beach ramps and the original starting bridge is, where the town hall, campsite, plaza, etc is. I'm tired of resetting for the 'perfect' town layout when I know exactly what I want and could make my own.

more hairstyles, bigger maps, map types (forest, beach, mountains, etc), more customization, the ability as mayor to tell villagers where to plot their house (like you go to the townhall ind Isabelle is like lets plot their house! give them a building permit kinda thing idk), more villager species, maybe a map creator (like Rover could be like "idk where that is, here i have paper, draw the map!")

i want bigger towns, a slightly different perspective thats more like the mario kart one for the animal crossing track wwhich makes everything feel so much bigger, i want more trees and flowers and bugs and fish.
i want it to be harder than it was in new leaf to earn bells but easier to get public works projects requested
id love for a project thing to be a way to pray or wish for certain weather the next day that will raise the chances of it happening but doesnt guarantee it
and more hybrids of course xD

i love all these ideas :D especially about customizing your own town.

another thing i'd like to see maybe is being able to have multiple towns in one game, instead of having to buy another cartridge to have a second town. then that way multiple people could also play on the same device.

I love your town meeting Idea!

Multiple towns on one cartridge would never happen though, because they need to get sales somehow. I mean many people have bought 2-3 copy's of AC:NL just to have more towns. They wouldn't like losing that money.

I want more things on the beach. Like maybe a shop? Maybe some villagers can move on the beach? Some beach public works projects?

I love your town meeting Idea!

Multiple towns on one cartridge would never happen though, because they need to get sales somehow. I mean many people have bought 2-3 copy's of AC:NL just to have more towns. They wouldn't like losing that money.

I want more things on the beach. Like maybe a shop? Maybe some villagers can move on the beach? Some beach public works projects?

yeah that's very true, so i seriously doubt it'll ever happen. but they did add in the feature to sell your town on NL, so there's that.

me too! i love the beach so i'd want to see a beach-themed something or another. for NL the best we could get is like, a small PWP (maybe a little sandcastle!!) since there's not much room, but in a future game i'd want to see more beach, like my idea in the original post ^-^

The same as new leaf, more items.

Just make it so you can decorate the layout of the town. (Like the house decoration feature added in the latest update)

and the feature to make pants +shoes designs in the able sisters.

I love the fact that there are bushes in New Leaf, but I'd like to be able to put them in more than just twelve in a row! And maybe just being able to put them next to rocks at least?!

Because the next Animal Crossing is most likely coming to Switch, this probably isn't true anymore. Switch cartridges cannot store save data. All saves are stored on the system.

Because the next Animal Crossing is most likely coming to Switch, this probably isn't true anymore. Switch cartridges cannot store save data. All saves are stored on the system.

Ohhh. That's interesting.

what i'd like to see:

• the ability to choose your face/eyes and skin tone
  • more interactive items
  • more hair variations
  • being able to plant trees/plants and PWPs anywhere you'd like?
  • a larger beach
  • the ability to choose where villagers will plot their homes
  • new animal species, e.g lizards or ferrets

oh, i got another idea lol

- more types of flowers/bushes and plants!
- be able to pick flowers off of bushes
- rose bushes :)

I'd really like if there was like a "residential area" where there were spaces for your villagers to build their houses in some neat and orderly way. Like 2 rows of 5, or 5 rows of two...something like that.

I really don't like how they will sometimes build in horrid places and mess up the aesthetics of the town you have worked hard on. It's the worst when it's a villager you actually really like, and you have to choose between keeping them, or booting them so your town doesn't look ugly because they decided to park right in front of your Mayor's office. :/

Last edited:
There are so many of these threads. Why don't they just make an official one and pin it. Heh

I'd like more things in the game like furniture and other features. I would totally like to have more villagers in town as well!

I want so much in the next game, I feel so greedy.

-Mines
-Cooking
-Touch move PWP
-able to "HHD" villager homes
-More music
-Another island (like DIE)
-An underwater cave
-Rock and Mineral Show
-Transparent pixels on QR tiles
-Expand Retail
-Changes in Nooks (Timmy and Tommy are teens?).
-Kicks utilized more some how
-Museum collects shells, Gulliver items, maybe nuts and leaves?
-Flee market return
-Neck items
-Gloves... why must we only have one lost mitten?!
-Collect books for a libary

Just so much. I can't wait though. I have a feeling we've been waiting for awhile but it will be worth it.

Back