• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Movies/Shows from your childhood that creeped you out?

mitfy

court jester
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ruby
Pink Candy
Sometimes there are cartoons or movies that are just.. too weird for us as kids.

When I was little, I HATED the Brave Little Toaster. I mean, that air conditioning unit straight up exploded and died in that one scene and that was the scariest thing that little me ever saw. Not to mention that creepy scene with the clown.

There were also some styles of animation or just cartoons in general that for some reason creeped me out as a kid... like El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera. Something about it just gave me the creeps.

Yeah, so, anyone else got things like this?

alfred hitchcock's "the birds"
my mother was watching it and i saw some scenes as a child. i cannot to this day watch that movie even tho it is out dated and not scary.

Ren & Stimpy creeped me out pretty hard quite a few times as a kid. I think I was a bit weirded out by the brave little toaster as well lol
a lot of people say Courage the Cowardly Dog was creepy too but I watched that all the time and didn't remember it being that freaky. I rewatched it recently and there was a lot of weird stuff I didn't remember though hahah like the episode with the zombie guy or whatever, that was kinda bizarre.

Between The Lions, Between The Lions, and......uh, Between The Lions. I had so many nightmares about it it was ridiculous

Courage the Cowardly Dog. But I still loved it and watched it anyways lol

coraline is still the most terrifying movie i have ever watched
omg, i love that movie! a big fave. the book tho is was creepier imo
Ren & Stimpy creeped me out pretty hard quite a few times as a kid. I think I was a bit weirded out by the brave little toaster as well lol
a lot of people say Courage the Cowardly Dog was creepy too but I watched that all the time and didn't remember it being that freaky. I rewatched it recently and there was a lot of weird stuff I didn't remember though hahah like the episode with the zombie guy or whatever, that was kinda bizarre.
ren and stimpy is really weird! i never watched it as a kid, but if i watch videos now... there's something really... eerie about it.
Between The Lions, Between The Lions, and......uh, Between The Lions. I had so many nightmares about it it was ridiculous
OMG i remember that show!! i don't think it was one that creeped me out but it was really weird.

E.T terrified me as a kid, but seeing it now i just find the alien goofy looking. coraline is another movie that still gives me the creeps

there was also nightmare before christmas. the guy in the wheel chair was surprisingly the only thing i found extremely disturbing

but i had a lot of nightmares about elmo so that's that :'C

The Black Cauldron and opening scene of Tarzan horrified me as a kid... okay, they still do.

Child's Play. When I was a kid my parents went somewhere and I had a babysitter. The babysitter was watching Child's Play on TV and I was bored so watched it with her. I don't remember how old I was. Maybe 6 or 7. I had nightmares about that stupid doll coming to murder me for weeks after.

Courage the cowardly dog, I wasn't allowed to watch it under any circumstances.
Who made that into a kid show??!

Child's Play. I remembered my brother locked me in my room in the dark and made me watch lmao. I thought it was scary then but now not really anymore. I actually like horror movies and find them mostly silly nowadays :')))

I really hated Barnie. Teletubbies were also super creepy. The Wiggles though...

Nothing from movies and TV shows. But I was most definitely scared of the gyroid face in Animal Crossing Gamecube if you didn't save while at another person's town.

I'll have to come back to this later but...

Courage ( cartoon) king Ramses that 3d modle still scares me...

Monster house. I haven't seen anything about it for years but when I saw a bit.. it scareeeeed me

Child's Play. When I was a kid my parents went somewhere and I had a babysitter. The babysitter was watching Child's Play on TV and I was bored so watched it with her. I don't remember how old I was. Maybe 6 or 7. I had nightmares about that stupid doll coming to murder me for weeks after.

Kind of funny considering, in the movie, the protagonist's babysitter gets murdered.

I used to watch a lot of horror movies with my mom when I was little. None of them bothered me until I watched Return of the Living Dead with her. I haven't watched it since so I can't comment on how scary it actually is, but to this day I get a little freaked out by zombies. I'm fine with watching movies/shows/etc with them; Telltale's The Walking Dead is even one of my favorite games! But as soon as I think about what a real life zombie scenario would be like I'm just like "lmao I'd rather just die than be within 500 feet of one"

The Brave Little Toster...like what the heck!

Also three Courage episodes spooked me: one episode had some claymation girl, she was playing the violin with her back turned and the she turned around and made this face!

When I look at it now it makes me laugh.

Also the thing, which is also from an episode the last one matter of fact.

This still creeps me out as an adult!

Last edited:
Back