• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Movies/Shows from your childhood that creeped you out?

Watership Down really creeped me out and some movie with werewolves my friend constantly watched, can't remember the name of it though.

The Dark Crystal was so f-in creepy that we had to throw out the DVD because just seeing the puppets on the cover made me cry.

I'm over it now, I just think the puppets are ugly now.

I really hated Barnie. Teletubbies were also super creepy. The Wiggles though...
i don't know who didn't hate barnie.
teletubbies i dont think i found creepy but looking back at it?? it was creepy. and i loved the wiggles lmao
BUT this reminds me of that one show... boohbahs. that was weird.
I'll have to come back to this later but...

Courage ( cartoon) king Ramses that 3d modle still scares me...

Monster house. I haven't seen anything about it for years but when I saw a bit.. it scareeeeed me
monster house scared me too, but i actually enjoyed it haha
The Brave Little Toster...like what the heck!

Also three Courage episodes spooked me: one episode had some claymation girl, she was playing the violin with her back turned and the she turned around and made this face!

When I look at it now it makes me laugh.

Also the thing, which is also from an episode the last one matter of fact.

This still creeps me out as an adult!
THOSE ARE REALLY WEIRD ESPECIALLY THE SECOND ONE

The Dark Crystal was so f-in creepy that we had to throw out the DVD because just seeing the puppets on the cover made me cry.

I'm over it now, I just think the puppets are ugly now.
i've never seen it and i do not want to. my friend is trying to urge us all to watch it but.. i refuse.

I used to find the "Mahna Mahna" skit from The Muppets really creepy when I was a kid. I hated that part near the end where he goes away into the background, and then runs back.

But despite my fear, I was obsessed with watching it.

there was this tv show called brum about a car that drives around and helps people or something and in one episode, this man's hair came off and i cried. i was terrified of bald people for about a year.
also this one episode of bob the builder where he has this blue elephant and i think he lost it or it broke or something and then bob cried? i really empathised with his loss and i cried with him. torments me to this day.

Coraline. The first time I watched it when I believe I was 7 or 8, it scared me alooooot. The second time it wasn't scary.

I don't know why but this teabag still terrifies me lol
hqdefault.jpg

i remember that I once i was watching Cow and Chicken, it's a creepy tv show

i remember that I once i was watching Cow and Chicken, it's a creepy tv show

I just thought that show was just gross like Ren & Stimpy, even though it had some really disturbing moments (especially Ren & Stimpy!).

Last edited:
I have no idea what this movie was, but I saw it on TV when I was like 6 or 7. This kid has a monster under his bed pretending to be one of his stuffed animals that had fallen under the bed, crying about how it felt neglected, until he reached down to pick it up and the monster pulled him under the bed. I was terrified of any of my stuffed animals falling off my bed lmao.

Also the movie The Relic, the scene where the security guard gets grabbed under a bathroom stall had me terrified of public bathrooms, I had to look under the stalls for monsters until I was like 12.

The first Toy Story used to scare me, mainly because of the part where it showed all of the messed up toys in Sid's room...

This weird show i forgpt the name of where they all lived in a garden and had human faces but not really or something?? and Ren and Stimpy EW

This movie called Grimm Brothers used to freak me out so much, one of the reasons I am kind of afraid of horses now. I watched it when I was really little and there was this scene of a horse eating a child. Watching it again the movie is really goofy, but I use to cry when I watched it lol.

grizzly tales for gruesome kids had this one episode where it zoomed into a toilet and you heard groaning and then a monster popped out called the bogman or something

The Disney Snow White was terrifying. Also the teletubbies were weird as heck but I watched them regardless....

Back