• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager on Private Beach?

BigMikey

BraaaaiiiinZ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I found Rooney on my tiny private beach. You can only get to it with a wetsuit
How on earth did he get there

He can't have fallen off the cliff, because they can't be pushed off cliffs. I've tried. Lol

What? How did this happen? x'D
I've never seen it happen in my town before, there's a private beach there. The only time I can think of is during hide and seek? Did you fail hide and seek?

Nope. I was picking up shells as I do every time I start the game, and I saw him. I've got screenshots, I just have to take a pic of them with my phone, as I can't upload from my DS.

I've also heard about this during hide and seek, since they are "transported" magically when the game begins to random places :)

Sorry about the poor quality image. RooneyOnPrivateBeach.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

It wasn't during hide & seek. I was picking up shells and hadn't even spoken to anyone. He was there when I went down to get the shells.

He must've spawned their by random luck. He's trying to get away from modern civilization.

Last edited:
Yes, it happens in my town too. I was shook the first time I saw one there. Shook!

You only need a wetsuit to get there if you're a human!

If you're a kangaroo, rather, it's perfectly fine to swim without swimwear. Kangaroos love swimming.

This happened to me in my first town before. I saw Maple down on my private beach, sitting on a palm tree stump lol. It was strange. I couldn't even reach her because I didn't own a wet suit.

It's happened to me a couple times too:

ClgOEyZUgAA3WiK

CVbIkiHU4AQ9E04

It's hard for an elephant to hide, so I guess Dizzy had to get sneaky :p

You only need a wetsuit to get there if you're a human!

If you're a kangaroo, rather, it's perfectly fine to swim without swimwear. Kangaroos love swimming.

Years ago I had a dog that chased a kangaroo, forcing it to jump into the ocean and swim
It swam perfectly.

They can randomly spawn on the private beach. I would love to see a villager swim there but it doesn't actually happen lol

This is really funny. I like to think they're stranded after losing their swimsuit in the water

Back