• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like or dislike the WA update?

• Total voters

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Switch
0000-0000-0000
It's been almost a year since the release of the update. So, how do you feel about it?

At first, I was so against it--mostly because of it wiping out everyone's dream addresses, and some towns being lost forever.

But the ITEMS. And the new villagers. I love it now!

I also appreciate how it's extended the life of the game by bringing back players who had gotten bored with 'vanilla' ACNL.

Last edited:
I like it, one of my complaints originally with NL was no more updates to add furniture. Then the Nintendo zones weren't updated anymore so you couldn't get anything that way. Since the WA update, there's plenty of new furniture and I've noticed I can place items on furniture that previously couldn't be done. I find myself playing the way I did when ACNL first came out. :)

I love the new items because many of them fit my town theme super well! I also appreciate the amiibo villager option although I haven't made use of it myself.

I probably wouldn't be playing as much as I do now without those Splatoon items ;-;

I really like it. I've recently gotten back into Animal Crossing: New Leaf, so having the Welcome Amiibo update was really fun and surprising. I love the fact that I can tailor my villagers in my town to ones that I want which is nice. The campsite is neat too, I really like Harv.

I like it.I wasn't really expecting Nintendo to include as much as they did in the update so I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of it.The only thing that I really don't like a bout it is that the Welcome Amiibo/Amiibo Card villagers don't ping to move in normal time like "natural" villagers.It kind of throws things off.

I hated the campground at first but now I love it. :lemon:

I kinda didn't like that some stuff isn't as rare as it was before since you can just order it from the rv or how easy it is to get villagers because I can't profit as much lmao but that's just a tiny part of me saying that

Anyways overall, the WA update is good. I like all the new food items and the rv items in general and how villagers finally won't be able to move on paths. The campground is a cute feature although I initially really hated where it was placed in my town so I hated the entire update lmao. The amiibo cards/figures are nice but nintendo just really sucks at supply and demand so the cards tend to be used by scalpers to make money which is disappointing :/ Using amiibo cards to kick out villagers is a god send thank u god. I don't really care for many of the new amiibo card villagers though so kinda wished they brought back cuter ones. It sucks what happened to all the dream addresses that are never going to get updated. Some of those towns were fantastic and unfortunately most of those players are probably long ago/can't be bothered. :(

wow, it's already been almost a year?
i enjoy the update. i love all the items and being able to sit on rocks and getting new villagers and items through the RVs. i also like the wiiu/3ds games you can play.

I like it a lot. It gave a lot of new features that I can't really use myself because of my lack of amiibo, but I can use the internet to get items and villagers and stuff from other people using these forums, so yeah I like it a lot.

I like the update, but I don't like the fact that in order to enjoy it FULLY, you have to spend real money. Now, I know we can still play it without spending real money but in order to fully enjoy certain things like the Campground and the Wisp or get villagers you actually want, you have to spend real money on cards, and card readers. I'm despise pay to play tactics.

Like:
New villagers/returning villagers
Move villagers just by having the card and scanning them
RV items
Easier plot resetting because they don't move on paths

Dislike:
The dream addresses were wiped out
Villagers don't get sick anymore

So yeah for the most part, I like it :)

I like it. There are so many new items to collect and trade. The Welcome Amiibo cards and all the villagers are cute! Plus it's cool you can use Amiibo from others games and get their furniture/items.

Back