Do you like your real (first) name?

i used to really dislike it because it was different to everybody else's, but i like it now! it's cute

mine's really uncommon in all of the places i've lived in during my life but i'm pretty sure it's a fairly common name in america? idk

i think victoria is a pretty name so yeah i like it
most people just nickname me tori or vicky tho lol

Ya lucky English people. Nobody that I first meet can pronounce or spell my first name right. I hate it soooooooooooooooooo much!!!! I really do want to change it when I grow up :(

(Apparently my mom tells me she was originally gonna name me Angelina! That's such a pretty name but nope I get this garbage!)

Ahhh I know how you feel.
I have been going with my Chinese name since kindergarten. No one could pronounce it or spell it, so I decided to go with a preferred English name this year... and people want to call me by my Chinese name smh because they say that it's really pretty and unique?? xD

You could try giving them a preferred name to call you by ; w ;

I don't really like my first name. I wish my middle name was my first name.

I’m okay with it. It’s common but not too common. I usually go by Maycee as it’s a nickname for Mae C. (my real name and last initial. :p)

I like my birth name, like, it's a good name, but it doesn't fit me anymore. I'm so used to Sunny now that it's like weird as hell getting emails from companies like "Hey Birth Name!" or using it for financial stuff. I really want to change it legally but I have a lot of other like financial stuff I have to do before I go spending money on that.

I like it.

I just hate the fact that it's so common. There's like 2 other girls in my grade named Kayla and it makes me so upset tbh.. I like feeling unique and I but I can't do that if there's someone who has the same name as me!! (Jokes jokes)

But I wouldn't want to change it though

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah, and I said in my grade. and I'm in high school so there probably waaay more Kaylas in the higher grades -.-

It doesn't bother me, so yeah, sure.

My name is Katherine, which I am not overly fond of, in my classes growing up it was a very common name, so I always had a "M" for my last name tacked on which was irritating, didn't help that we all went by Katie as well...

Pretty much meh for me tbh I kinda wanna change my name even tho a lot of people like it esp my first name cuz it's unique (ye you can search me in fb easily)

No lmao. My name is super unique, and probably only 2 people in my 18 years of existence have managed to pronounce my name right the first time (they have a special place in my heart bc of that). There are some who even misspell/mispronounce my name after years of knowing me. I don't bother to correct people anymore due to it being normal to misspell and/or mispronounce my first name. My name even means sadness, as if I needed a cherry on top to add to why I hate my first name.

I like my nickname though. It's cute, and it's just 2 letters. It's what everyone irl calls me now. c:

I love my name, but when I visit the states no one pronounces it right. My name is TAH-RAH not TER-AH.

Irish names tend to get butchered a lot though. Fun fact, Deirdre (the dear) is not Dear-Dree, Its Dear-Drah. I just know a popular animal crossing lets player who butchers that name every time :p

It's okay. Wouldn't say it's something I'd personally choose but it's also not something I dislike to want to change. I like my nickname/shortened version though.
I wouldn't say it's a rare name but it's also not a common name at least for my area so I don't know anyone personally with it.

Yaaasss I love my name (I swear like 3 people in the world have my name)
But all the teachers get it wrong, so in class the boys always laugh at my name :mad:

Last edited:
Back