• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like your real (first) name?

I'm very indifferent. My name is Kane, but I've always wanted another name. Right now my new name phase is Hopper.

I don't like my name.
There are way too many dumb names you can make with it.. my name is Franziska.
You can make "Franz" out of it (male version), Franziska is also a name for a weapon, there is a beer called similar, etc.
Was not fun growing up with that name.

No, I hate it very much so I hardly tell people unless we're very good friends on the web, luckily people I know rarely use it so. I prefer going by Sheila regardless of time and place so :c

Plus no one can pronounce my real name either, and it sounds ugly. Dumb mom picking it.

Last edited:
It's ok.

Some people have mispronounced it a lot, 'Kendra' is especially used.

Last edited:
No, unless its pronounced the French way. But nobody pronounces it the French way.

I wonder if we have the same name. Except I hate when people try to pronounce it the French way.
I used to hate my name but it grew on me as I got older.

And the only other name I go by now is because of school or online accounts and it's just my initials, SEM.

Last edited:
Yeah!! I like my name a lot. I sometimes wish it was sorta weirder and more out there, but it's comfortable to me.

It's alright. It's very country-specific, but it's also a modern one so it's nice to not have a common name.

I wonder if we have the same name. Except I hate when people try to pronounce it the French way.
I used to hate my name but it grew on me as I got older.

And the only other name I go by now is because of school or online accounts and it's just my initials, SEM.

People always pronounce my ugly rl one french like it had an E at the end.. it doesn't haha

Not particularly. I always wanted to change it when I was younger, but I've sorta grown out of that phase now. I'm okay with it simply because there's an important person to me who really likes my name, but if I could choose my own name it would not be what I have, It's probably the reason I have like 5 different aliases that I use in places across the internet.

I'll be changing my name soon, along with the rest of my names.

I just don't like being associated with any of them and my first name (Michael) is so boring and yuck. Being named after Michael Jackson is nice though.

It's nothing special, but I don't hate it or anything. Even if I did I'm not sure I'd ever want to change it since going by any other name would be strange.

I like my name, but because other variants of the name is more common. I swear everybody uses those ones instead, It's funny and they're almost correct but its still weird :S

i hate mine, it's super common. whenever i meet an adult i swear they say " oh my daughter's name is kathryn !!!11!!1" whyyy does it happen so much

Yes, mine was very uncommon in my hometown growing up, and I was the only one with that name all through school.
My family said I was named after a 1967 gt500 mustang, although some people think I was named after a certain character in a movie, which is false. :rolleyes:

Back