• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Decisions you made and afterwards regret

I also regret deleting my first town. It'd be amazing to see the growth over the years, but alas. I'm content with my current town, though. Everything's running smoothly.

My greatest regret was when playing this game for the first time, I did not search online for knowledge about ways to control where villagers move in. I reset my first town one month in because a camper I invited moved into the worst possible spot imaginable. If I had known how plot resetting worked, I would have been able to salvage that town, and Bluedale would have become a much different place...

I regret resetting my first town, I reset it because I didn't research which eyes you can get so I got eyes I didn't like but didn't reset for some reason and my town name was very cringe worthy; another regret. I should have just bought another copy, because I really miss my old town, I'd had it since 2013 and I worked really hard on it.. But at least now I have a lot of bells from resetting to do what I want with my new town

I regret not saving my Wild World town of "ttyxlp" I had when I was super small. I wanted to recreate it in New Leaf but when I looked through my old game case I realized I must have sold it. :(

The only regret I have, and it isn't even a big one, is that when I first started my town I did not carefully consider the map choice. I thought about only the barest essentials: Town Hall and Plaza next to each other, so I picked one of the first maps to crop up. My Re-Tail now resides at the tippity top of my map, so hauling beetles is a bit of a pain. I also didn't check out the town first so things like rocks and town fruit were chosen upon starting (I like my Peaches and the rocks I've worked around at this point). Other than that tiny thing, I have no regrets I can't change! (I might rework some currently placed PWPs, but they can be deconstructed and moved.)

I decided not to use streetpass for four years - now I enabled it but I don't get many hits. Those badges are the only ones I'm missing! :(

The placement of my mayors house is one. Placed it one place over to the left at the time. It's close to the dock so my pathway isn't straight at the end.

Campground placement at the bottom part of the map. Sad when the cedars didn't grow.
Caf? placement near the Event Plaza. Wished it was closer to the cliff wall. It's a hard place to decorate now.

All of those things happened when I didn't check for information online when the game first came out. Wished I could move the Caf? and the mayor house.

Two things I regret:

1. Time-traveling so much when I first got the game. I use to time-travel on a daily basis and then go back to the actual date so that I could pretend I never time-travelled. But what I didn't know at the time, was that when anyone sits underneath my tree to see all my town achievements– all the shops/updates happened "the first week" of me receiving the game, lmao.

2. I also regret not using street pass. I didn't really understand it at the time and instead of doing my research I just refused to use it, because I was scared??? There wasn't any logic or reason behind it, so that's disappointing too hahaha.

I don't regret it as much as I thought, but I reset my first town to help a friend get cherries. I wasn't terribly far in, but I do miss the villagers I had.

My biggest regret is placing the police station in the wrong place. It is de perfect place for a bridge, but because of the policestation I can`t place a bridge on that spot.

Mostly PWP placements for me... and the name of my very first town bothered me so much that I spent forever installing all kinds of hax just so i could rename the town. ever since then i've felt really bad because in my book hacking is Bad ;o;

Resetting my first town, because it became an unstoppable cycle of starting and restarting a town.

Certain PWP placements. I kind of love how my town is set up, but some of the PWP placements are so bad. UUUGH. Those are the only reasons why I would want to restart.... Really thinking about it too.

I reset my first town which I don't regret. I reset because I DIDNT USE CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! So for example it was
Mayor hello
Of toronto
It wasn't called that lol but oh well

I regret time traveling because now my town tree shows everything all out of whack. I didn’t think it was too much, and I have been trying not to TT anymore, but it shows that I started my town on the 16th of whatever month, but the campsite and garden shop or whatever were completed on the 14th. So that kinda irks me! I wish I could have just played by the rules or at least watched the dates a little better.

Resetting my first town...but it only happened because of sister drama :( all those old Nintendo letters....

- - - Post Merge - - -

I reset my first town which I don't regret. I reset because I DIDNT USE CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! So for example it was
Mayor hello
Of toronto
It wasn't called that lol but oh well
lol in my first town my character wasn't capitalized either so I deleted it then I regretted because of my stuff on it (I got it back afterwards)

When I first started playing ACNL when it first came out, I had NO idea how to play the game or build up a town! I thought for the longest time it was a pointless menial task simulator and didn't understand why so many people loved it so much. Fast forward 3 1/2 years later and I realized why. *facepalm*

So my regret is not giving ACNL a fair chance and not looking for help when I needed it. I'm still learning (a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶n̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶) and I feel like a bit of a newb sometimes, but thankfully there's so many online guides now and you guys here that I don't feel that under a rock anymore. <3

I regret letting Peck and Tucker go :( I miss Peck a lot, and Tucker's home placement was good, now it's an empty slot, and the new villagers moved in some random part of my town.

For mw its mostly where I placed some pwp and the layout I choose for my town. Only for the fact that i got the game before they added the rv camp ground and I didn't want to reset till i get my new 3ds and another acnl game. Once i have that set and i have unlocked the train station then ill move items i want and reset my old town owo. Just got to wait a bit is all.

Putting the modern police station instead of classic in my main town that I won't reset :(

Back