• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Decisions you made and afterwards regret

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm curious right now...

Have you ever made decisions in the game, where you thought that this would be the
right thing but afterwards regretted it?

Resetting my first town. I miss it. I hated the layout then but now I like it, even though I don't have the town anymore.

Last edited:
Sometimes I regret resetting my first ever town, which I made in 2013. I feel reeeal bad when I see people's 4-year or whatever anniversaries on miiverse lol *cries* I feel like I could have stripped it down and moved villagers out, start completely new. But I was just not happy to be there anymore. Other than that, no real big regrets. I'm mostly happy with my new town too... taking it slow this time as well so no time travelling :>

I regret kicking out Egbert. He was so sweet towards me but I had to kick him to move in zucker. D:

I wish I had chosen the classic police station, because it fits better with my town. The modern station isn't bad though.

I regret a couple of my PWP placements. And I regret not being careful enough time travelling (it was literally the one time I TTd smh) and losing Tom, but I ordered his amiibo card online so soon I'll have him back! :)

I got the game on release day, had no idea how placement was going to matter down the road, so my mayor's house and the cafe are not in places I'd have put them had I known then what I know now. I'm working with it - though I came very close to selling my town because of that. Now I'm glad I didn't sell, so at least I spared myself that regret - because I would have regretted selling for sure.

Resetting my towns is definitely my #1 regret, especially because I would've loved to see what my first town would've looked like now, after 4 years of playing.
I kinda regret having sold most of my stuff before restarting too. I figuered I didn't need certain items for the new theme I was going for but not I do lmao.

no regrets, it's nice to reset and start new with a new character and town

i know it's nice to see people with 4 year towns but does it really matter?

Started again and seems that everything I regretted in my first game is fine now as I've corrected it

I regret placing my campsite where it is. I didn't know you couldn't put cedar trees in the south of your town at the time so now it's just a boring old campsite with no forest

i ABSOLUTELY regret not playing ACNL for several days, causing my favorite villager biskit to move out on me. that happened a few months ago, and im still in the process of cycling 16 villagers, only because i'm taking my time. so far, i moved out 9 villagers. lol

Last edited:
I kind of regret not taking the time to get a better town map. The one I have is similar to my first town and there just isn't a ton of open space.

I'm making it work though.

Resetting my first town. I reset a lot and I always regret it afterwards! Although I think my town wouldn't look that great if I'd kept it as I just chose the first map I saw.

Sometimes I regret resetting my first ever town, which I made in 2013. I feel reeeal bad when I see people's 4-year or whatever anniversaries on miiverse lol *cries* I feel like I could have stripped it down and moved villagers out, start completely new. But I was just not happy to be there anymore. Other than that, no real big regrets. I'm mostly happy with my new town too... taking it slow this time as well so no time travelling :>

Same as well, except I'm time time traveling like crazy. I really hated my mayor's eyes, that was just the final nail on the coffin.
Otherwise, I love my new town! Now that Drokmar is on, Im really excited to see the road patterns to give my town that Splatoon feel ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now that I think of it, I kinda regret using the classic police station since Im going for a modern feel. Still looks pretty good on development though, So I can't complain.

I don't regret it terribly, but I would not have a reset center in another town. I don't dislike Resetti, it just seems silly to me...

I kinda regret letting Genji move out for Beau. I mean I like Beau but Genji's been in my town forever so it feels kinda weird that he's not here anymore. I also regret time travelling recklessly cause no my town tree timeline is incredibly messed up and there's no way to fix it :(

Police station location
Moving in so many amiibos to help friends (I ruined Main Street lol)
I still miss Tabby I might move her back in :/

Well i hate the placement of my house, police station, and cafe but im not resetting cause i got my town on june 9th 2013( that day will always be close to my heart)

The worst decision I?ve made is buying the dang game

Four years I?ve been sucksd into this non-stop void of landscaping, beetle farming, making sure villagers don?t move, oh my....

Lol but in all seriousness... I think my worst decision was placing my campsite and police station right next to each other. And they?re right in front of the train station. Don?t know why I thought it was a good idea, but I?m committed now....

Back