Best state in the USA

California because of all its charm and things to do (and i live there lol)!

I also like a lot of places on the east coast (New York, Massachusetts, Maryland...) so it would be really cool to live there.

Somewhere up Northeast where they still have four seasons and are less Republican. That's where I want to go for graduate school.

I had the interesting experience of living in Massachusetts for a few years, and what non-residents should know is that the cost of living is ridiculously high, and the taxes are outrageous. The climate runs to extremes: hot and muggy in the summer, very cold and heavy, HEAVY snow in winter.

The politics, in general, lie somewhere to the Left of Mao-Tse Tung. The unemployment rate is a little under 6 percent, which ranks it at about the current national average.

There is some natural charm. The state consists of small towns - most of them no more than a village or hamlet - connected by country roads through heavily-wooded areas. The minor cities - Wooster, Fitchburg, etc.- are rather dirty, bleak and unimpressive. Boston - the only major city - is impressive, but impossible to reside in unless you make one heck of a lot of money.

Most of the commonwealth is populated by families that have resided there for generations, with the exception of Boston, which consists of mostly resettled uber-liberals from other states.

Down where I live in Massachusetts (South) we barely get snow, maybe 2 major storms a year, which is way to little for me.
I do agree that the summers are really hot, that's one thing I hate about it here. For the cost of living being high, only in the good areas, the ghettos and slums are real cheap. I live in a city that is majority slum/ghetto, and I live in the ghetto. My city is filled with new immigrants, my grandparents are immigrants and so is my dad. I see new immigrants coming into my school all the time, mostly from Portugal, Brazil, and Puerto Rico. What you described was Boston right there, besides when you said countryside and named other cities. Btw you misspelled Worcester, it's not Wooster, it's Worcester.
Also, Boston is also majority slum, which is much cheaper than the main part.

Last edited:
Also, Boston is also majority slum, which is much cheaper than the main part.

They're starting to tear down most of the buildings, and build lots of luxury apartments/condos now. Even as far as where I'm currently living. The rent is like 3,000 in a lot of them, so who knows how long that'll last. Pretty soon this place will end up like San Francisco, lol.

Back