• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best state in the USA

also it's full of cucks

You must be thinking of California.

You're right about the humidity, though. It's especially bad in the summer when it's 95 and up outside every day for 3 months.

no polls? oh well, i went and counted votes on the valid states.

Massachusetts 1
New Jersey 1
New York 3
Colorado 2
Maryland 3
California 5
Hawaii 2
Orgeon 1
Florida 3
Kentucky 1

as of this post, California got most votes.
also i just remembered some really great things about california. i notice other fellow californians didn't give reason (i guess we are naturally just laid back) so ill just start listing off the top of my head.

- as of this year we are THEE most diverse state in the country, overall.
- in LA, there is no more Colombus Day starting 2019, it will now be known as indigenous people's day.
- we didn't vote for trump and overall we hate him, so we are one of the other states who have superior moral values in comparison another state that 5 other people on this thread can agree on that its absolute trash, who voted likewise.
- we give you all movies, news, music, applications. disney? apple? google? facebook? originated from us.
- fox news and trump supporters hates us so thats automatic certification that we got a good sense of human decency and respectable, noble values.
- we also got many of the best colleges in the nation. Harvard, UCLA, USC, UC Berkley. people from other states come to california to get their education. unlike some "cucks", we are capable of reading and comprehending blunt insults directed towards the our state without confusing our own state with another with major differences in spelling. thank you education ^u^
- our farmland is so rich and fertile its literally nicknamed "the salad bowl of the world" because it produces so much food that feeds the planet.
- our nickname "the golden state" isn't just for show.

and so the winner of the best state of usa is japan. studio ghibli, nintendo, and japanese food? cant beat that.

California has some cool stuff there and great events happen there. But the cost of living is so high. I'd never want to live there as a result. I do tend to visit it a couple of times a year though.

You must be thinking of California.

Agree. It was the best state from the World War II era to the Reagan era, but now it's the worst state. Not just because of taxation and regulation going out of control, but also because of the social issues going on there.

None of them, they all have their faults and negatives to be considered "perfect" or "the best".

Last edited:
Yeah all of America is pretty crappy. And I'm not that person that's gunna be like "my home state!" Because California sucks. My dream is to move to Washington cause at least it's pretty and rainy there and someday I'll see an orca out my window swimming the sound. So that's my vote.

I had the interesting experience of living in Massachusetts for a few years, and what non-residents should know is that the cost of living is ridiculously high, and the taxes are outrageous. The climate runs to extremes: hot and muggy in the summer, very cold and heavy, HEAVY snow in winter.

The politics, in general, lie somewhere to the Left of Mao-Tse Tung. The unemployment rate is a little under 6 percent, which ranks it at about the current national average.

There is some natural charm. The state consists of small towns - most of them no more than a village or hamlet - connected by country roads through heavily-wooded areas. The minor cities - Wooster, Fitchburg, etc.- are rather dirty, bleak and unimpressive. Boston - the only major city - is impressive, but impossible to reside in unless you make one heck of a lot of money.

Most of the commonwealth is populated by families that have resided there for generations, with the exception of Boston, which consists of mostly resettled uber-liberals from other states.

LOL I live in Massachusetts too! Depending on where you live, there's nothing going on, though. I love the seafood here, and the only "natural disasters" we get are nor'easters lmao. I hope we get a lot of snow this winter, like we had two or three years ago. Supposedly, along with California and New York, this state is "god-tier".

New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, Oregon, Washington, California and New York are like all in my top. But if I had to pick one, I'd probably say Massachusetts.

I've only lived in two states (Alabama and Mississippi) but I honestly like Virginia the most...

Ohio is the best state. If you don't agree then gtfo
We have corn and corn accessories!...

Oh and I like that on one side of Ohio the roads are straight for like 30 miles, and on the other side it's nothing but turns and turns. Good times, with becoming disoriented from the endless fields of corn, or becoming nauseous from the countless winding roads.

So yeah. Ohio ftw.

Ohio is the best state. If you don't agree then gtfo
We have corn and corn accessories!...

Oh and I like that on one side of Ohio the roads are straight for like 30 miles, and on the other side it's nothing but turns and turns. Good times, with becoming disoriented from the endless fields of corn, or becoming nauseous from the countless winding roads.

So yeah. Ohio ftw.

Ohio is nice! I've been there once, and the first place I ate from was White Castle... a fast food place that not even we have.

Michigan is my home state, and I love it. We've obviously got the Great Lakes, 4 seasons, temperatures that aren't as extreme as other states, and a bunch of attractions including Mackinac Island, which connects the upper and lower peninsulas, Ann Arbor, home of one of the best colleges in the USA, and Traverse City, the home of good cherries.

Oh, and there's the city-that-must-not-be-named. Fun places, but not a good city. One regret of Michigan.

Back