Guns

Guns

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 2-3 make no sense, banning guns at all makes no sense criminals will still kill, most weapons used by the mentally ill and criminals are stolen, and people will commit suicide by other means.
It's a people problem, not a weapon problem.
More people are killed by blunt force objects (bats, hammers,shovels) than guns.
And most shootings in the US, are in areas with the strictest gun laws. (Detroit, for example).
Banning guns just take guns out of the hands of honest people. Criminals will find guns if they want them.

Louisiana has the highest murder rate in America. And their gun laws are almost nothing. But the only way to reduce the gun homicide rate in Louisiana is...better spending in education and better education in morals. California’s murder rate is also pretty high, and they have the strictest gun laws in America.

Option 2-3 make no sense, banning guns at all makes no sense criminals will still kill, most weapons used by the mentally ill and criminals are stolen, and people will commit suicide by other means.
It's a people problem, not a weapon problem.
More people are killed by blunt force objects (bats, hammers,shovels) than guns.
And most shootings in the US, are in areas with the strictest gun laws. (Detroit, for example).
Banning guns just take guns out of the hands of honest people. Criminals will find guns if they want them.

This is it as in a nutshell.

Ban all guns.
Unfortunately, that probably isn't realistic these days, so the next best choice would be to make them extremely difficult to purchase!

If nothing else, at least ban machine guns. Their only purpose is to kill on mass scale.

ban all guns
it's not going to solve everything but it's gonna help imo
i feel safer here in england

I live in Canada, where there are some pretty strict restrictions on guns. At least where I am, we don't see too many shootings. On a whole, we don't have many mass shootings, and if we do, the fatalities usually aren't above 10. The last one we had was earlier this year at a mosque in Quebec City where someone opened fire on worshippers. The largest in recent history killed 15 (including the perpetrator), which is nothing when compared to the United States.

I understand that people would like to be able to carry guns, but I believe that restrictions on owning guns makes society safer as a whole. Having lived in a country that has strict gun control, I can see the benefits of it. Here, people are still able to have guns if they like, it's just a lengthier process, but we are able to prevent more tragedies by having gun control regulations.

I hope the United States decides to examine gun control measures to avoid tragedies like Las Vegas, Orlando, and San Bernardino. I think they could really make a difference, although judging by the culture of the US, I'm not sure if they'd ever be possible, which saddens me. Even though we are neighbours, the United States and Canada have very different cultures.

Ban all guns. It's not going to totally eliminate the problem, but it will drastically reduce it. Yes, it was a right given to us, but change happens. Times have drastically changed.

Banning them would only mean that people will purchase them illegally, lmao. It's kind of a moot point. Just tighten up the restrictions -- a lot. But don't ban them, which would go against the Constitution. That would cause a huge riot and then, people would start buying them illegally that wouldn't' have before they were banned and the illegal firearm economy would blossom far larger than it is today.

australia had one mass shooting, immediately banned guns, and haven't had anything like that happen since.
i know that people kill people but this could help us greatly. there was genuinely NO reason for a single man to be able to bring in so many guns to a hotel, fully loaded. these tragedies will not stop until a restriction or a complete ban is done. something NEEDS to happen. i'm sick of seeing innocent people die for no good ****ing reason.

Yes, it was a right given to us, but change happens.
I'm really glad you mentioned this because "it's a right" has to be the dumbest argument for gun control. It was also a right to own slaves like did people really forget about that

Banning them would only mean that people will purchase them illegally, lmao. It's kind of a moot point. Just tighten up the restrictions -- a lot. But don't ban them, which would go against the Constitution. That would cause a huge riot and then, people would start buying them illegally that wouldn't' have before they were banned and the illegal firearm economy would blossom far larger than it is today.

"Banning them would only mean that people will purchase them illegally, lmao." - Putting a ban on them would still make it drastically harder for people to obtain them and will thus reduce the amount of people with guns and therefore reduce the amount of gun violence. I don't know why people think this is a point.

"But don't ban them, which would go against the Constitution." - I've said this before but the constitution was made when the only guns being carried around were old muskets that could carry 1 bullet. Machine guns weren't even a plausibility at the time.

Also... who ****ing cares? Boo hoo, people want to rewrite these stupid old laws by a bunch of racist slave owners, what ever will we do?

"That would cause a huge riot and then, people would start buying them illegally that wouldn't' have before they were banned" - They might try but honestly I'm willing to bet most of the people who throw giant hissyfits about their guns aren't nearly smart enough to obtain one illegally anyways.

I doubt these mass murderers would have gone out and gotten illegal guns to implement their sick plans. they always seem to be carried out with legally obtained weapons.

how many armed criminals are killed in self defense by armed citizens every year anyhow? i'm guessing very few.

in other words, my belief is that mass murder would go way down if guns were better restricted in this country, and that so-called "crimes of passion" would too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and those two benefits would outweigh any detriment of having less guns available in the general populace...

I don’t think we’re gonna have another great american revolution anytime soon so anything more than a handgun or maybe shotgun arent needed. You don’t need an assault rifle to defend yourself

Also the options are pretty silly

People give up a lot of rights like voting when being convicted of a crime, ofc having a gun is one of those rights taken away. People on suicide watch aren’t allowed to have any kind of weapons anyways. People who say they don’t care about gun laws and it doesnt affect them are actually stupid bc it’s a very important topic to at least be aware of. And saying guns shouldn’t be accessible to criminals is the same as option 2

Last edited:
i don't really wanna see too many threads on this since this is just a forum for an innocent nintendo game but. i suppose i could give my opinion.

Ban all guns. It's not going to totally eliminate the problem, but it will drastically reduce it. Yes, it was a right given to us, but change happens. Times have drastically changed.

i agree with this. things change. it's been OVER 200 YEARS since the constitution was made. you think about what this country was doing in the late 18th century, and not much of it was good. we cannot continue to hold a country to the same outdated rules and systems. we don't need the electoral college anymore. we don't need to carry around guns anymore.

look at the countries with strict gun laws, where you can only buy a gun after strict training and sessions and whatnot... the number of deaths by shootings compared to the US is more than significant.

last year, far too close for comfort, the country's deadliest mass shooting occurred. i woke up alone with my mom called to the news station, my dad out donating blood, and the only noise proving me company was the news, left on in a rush to leave. i woke up and mere miles from where i was sleeping soundly that night, more people died due to guns and hate crimes than ever before in US history. hate crimes against people like me no less. people like me and my friends. i woke up confused and sad and scared because a small building that i'd passed many times before suddenly made national headlines, and not for a good reason.

just within the last week the record's been broken. that's not a record that SHOULD be broken. i'm not upset that pulse is "no longer getting attention" or whatever, i'm upset that there's a new number one in the first place. i can't even bear to look at the news.

i don't even want to get into my friend's situation. she abruptly lost her father at age 14 because he was shot. just someone trying to rob him on the job. i've silently watched as her life at home gets more unbearable for her.

god. i don't believe in guns. i don't care how hard they'll be to get. the harder it is to get a weapon, the less people that'll die. if this country just can't bear to part with their beloved murder machines then put as many restrictions as possible. make them harder to get than the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. idk about you guys but i'm tired of being scared and i'm tired of seeing people die.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don’t think we’re gonna have another great american revolution anytime soon so anything more than a handgun or maybe shotgun are needed. You don’t need an assault rifle to defend yourself

Also the options are pretty silly

People give up a lot of rights like voting when being convicted of a crime, ofc having a gun is one of those rights taken away. People on suicide watch aren’t allowed to have any kind of weapons anyways. People who say they don’t care about gun laws and it doesnt affect them are actually stupid bc it’s a very important topic to at least be aware of. And saying guns shouldn’t be accessible to criminals is the same as option 2

i agree with this as well. especially the first paragraph.

and also, when it comes to mentally ill people, not all mentally ill people are dangerous and going to shoot people. obviously. but the problem is that most often than not, the dangerous ones, the ones who are unstable and a threat to themselves or those around them might be undiagnosed, unregistered. i don't think it's just as simple as "don't let the mentally ill have guns" because you don't know about it until it's on the news.

Banning guns just makes it so that criminals are the only ones to have guns, which they already aquire through illegal means.

Most gun related crimes/murders are gang-related, with handguns anyway.
There's a gang problem.

I think it's so funny when high and mighty European countries scoff at us for our rights, yet vehicular, knife, and bomb attacks are in the news at a pretty constant stream from the other side of the pond.

Should we ban trucks after the attack at Nice, France?

The second amendment was written for self defense against criminals and a tyrannical government.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol @ people who think just because time and technology changes, your rights should erode away.

The second amendment was written when muskets were the prevalent weapon, so in their minds anything more modern than a weapon built in 1776 is evil.

Should the freedom of speech apply strictly to books, newspapers, and pamphlets? They didn't have the internet back then, so why should the first amendment apply to that?

*Facepalm*

I think it's so funny when high and mighty European countries scoff at us for our rights, yet vehicular, knife, and bomb attacks are in the news at a pretty constant stream from the other side of the pond.

Vehicles are for transportation. Knives are for cooking. There's no use for guns other than killing and you hear way, way, way more about US shootings than European bomb attacks (not to mention you've got bomb attacks too) and bombs are, you guessed it, illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back