Is it true amiibo card villagers plot wherever they want?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Hi there,
I bought Soliel's card and I read somewhere that amiibo card villager will plot wherever they want no matter if you throw down tiles or not.
I've never heard that before, considering so many people here use the cards.
Now I'm nervous to scan her in to my town.
Any input would be great.
Thanks

This is false! She won't move onto paths if you scan her in. The only time any villagers will move onto paths is if you have no available spot for them to move to.

She will move on your paths though if you don't have any good spots for her to move onto so be careful when you're placing those paths ^^

I think the tricky part with amiibos is that, let's say you want to move someone out of a horrid spot and replace them with an amiibo, you won't have time to block off that old area with paths because they move in the next day, so there's a chance the amiibos will just move back into that same horrid spot. I've heard of people resetting many times to get them into another open area but for some reason they like to go back into the old villager's spot. But if you have space and areas sufficiently blocked off, you should be able to Plot reset as usual. I haven't actually done this so someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Last edited:
I think the tricky part with amiibos is that, let's say you want to move someone out of a horrid spot and replace them with an amiibo, you won't have time to block off that old area with paths because they move in the next day, so there's a chance the amiibos will just move back into that same horrid spot. I've heard of people resetting many times to get them into another open area but for some reason they like to go back into the old villager's spot. But if you have space and areas sufficiently blocked off, you should be able to Plot reset as usual. I haven't actually done this so someone correct me if I'm wrong!

yep this is exactly the problem w kicking out using amiibos when you have 10 villagers. what i ended up doing was moving someone out naturally and then using wisp to invite the villager i wanted so that i get whatever time i want to cover my town with paths.

Not false at all. I've moved card villagers in and they moved onto paths every time. I had plenty of space for them to move to but they moved onto patterns reguardless.

There must be a problem with where you want them to move. Sometimes you can build a pwp near a villagers house, however, someone will not move back into that same spot, even thought the pwp was far enough to build it, its not the case for people moving in.

There must be a problem with where you want them to move. Sometimes you can build a pwp near a villagers house, however, someone will not move back into that same spot, even thought the pwp was far enough to build it, its not the case for people moving in.

Nope.

They are plots villagers have lived in before. They move wherever they want.

Back