• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Blanche won't change!! Help!

amazonevan19

DLELELEWOOOOP
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1404-3604-3427
Coco
New Leaf Token
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Lobo
Leif
So I've heard that if you keep mailing shirts to a villager, they'll eventually wear what you send them. This has worked with me in the past, but with my latest move-in, Blanche, it is not working. At all.

She came in to my town from someone else's village in the generic white button-down t shirt. Ok, no problem I thought. I'll just send her original shirt to her and she'll put it on.

Except she didn't.

Over a dozen shirts later, she STILL refuses to switch from that awful generic shirt. Her house is looking like a literal closet now. :(

What do I do?? Am I doing something wrong? Or do I just have bad luck?

Are you sending shirts, tees or tanks? I feel like she can only wear tanks, so if you are sending a different style of top then she may not actually be able to wear it.

Are you mailing the shirts in bunches at a time or a couple here and there?I mail at least three at a time and they usually change but sometimes it takes a couple of mailings to do it.Villagers can change into any style of shirt but not dresses,pants or hats.

Are you mailing the shirts in bunches at a time or a couple here and there?I mail at least three at a time and they usually change but sometimes it takes a couple of mailings to do it.Villagers can change into any style of shirt but not dresses,pants or hats.

I mail one a day, so I guess I need to step it up if I really want her to change? :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are you sending shirts, tees or tanks? I feel like she can only wear tanks, so if you are sending a different style of top then she may not actually be able to wear it.

well her default shirt is the Straw Shirt sooo I think she can wear the shirts that I've been sending XD

I've had luck reporting a villager for inappropriate clothes a d they're forced to change by Isabelle. One their in the shirt she puts them in they'll usually change into what you give them. At least in my experience

^^^ I've had luck with that too.
You can give them any shirt, they'll just rip the sleeves off.

Last edited:
sounds like they're wearing one of the default patterns from their first town, talk to isabelle.

I mail one a day, so I guess I need to step it up if I really want her to change? :p

Yep.Try sending five shirts at the same time.In my experience five seems to be the "magic number" but some villagers are more stubborn to change than others.

I've had the same issue - for the longest time Diana wouldn't change out of this ugly comedian's outfit :mad:

I think the only way is to keep sending shirts and reporting her clothes to Isabelle. Other than that, you may end up delivering her a shirt that she'll change into or she could buy one from your pockets. Hope it gets resolved - they can be very stubborn.

Ooh I forgot about reporting the clothes!! I'll do that and send a lot of shirts! Thanks for the suggestions

There's a way to "reset" for villager clothes too, but I've never tried to before because it sounds way too annoying :'D. Master.leor posted about it in another thread so I'm just going to quote him here:

Mail the shirt before 5 pm (like say, 4:30 pm) then save your game and quit. Once it's over 5 pm, load the game, walk around then try to check if that particular villager is wearing the shirt you sent a while ago. If not, press home button and exit (don't save!). Then go back, do the same thing again until they wear the shirt. Don't forget to save once you're satisfied.

In this case, it's perfectly fine to just mail one copy of the shirt unless you want multiple villagers to change clothes. It's not advisable though, and a lot more convenient if you focus on one villager at a time. Another thing is that don't do it in the morning like mail the shirt once it's over 5 pm or in the evening then try to make them change the next day. The game autosaves the first time you load the game for the day so the "exit to home menu then going back thing" won't work. Sure, there's a chance they might change clothes in one try, but there's also equal chance that they won't. Good luck!

If she's put any of the clothes in her house be sure to send those to her again! That way she'll have a higher chance of wearing them, as she won't put duplicates in her house.

Make sure you are sending her shirts not dresses. Another way is To report her to Isabelle to change her shirt into a gym white tank and then try again.

There's a way to "reset" for villager clothes too, but I've never tried to before because it sounds way too annoying :'D. Master.leor posted about it in another thread so I'm just going to quote him here:
Whoa I tested this and I’m surprised this actually works. THE UGLY SHIRT PANDEMIC OF NUKETOWN IS FINALLY OVER!

Be careful though because from what I saw (half an hour of resetting because I made the mistake of trying to do two at once) they will always drop the shirt they were previously wearing as furniture. Marshal replaced his sloppy chair with his hideous white shirt :/ luckily I was in his house to catch that! If you care about their interior then only do this when they’re expecting a favor because they’ll have a much higher chance of being in their house when you load the game

Back