Las Vegas Terrorist Attack Leaves 50+ Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't capture the perpetrator because he cowardly committed suicide after murdering 58 people and injuring hundreds more.

I wish everyone in the United States is immune to suicide, but not the death penalty or torture. He may have escaped this, but God knows what he did.

i dont watch the news, so i had no idea this happened.
i pray for the families of the victims and hopefully, one day we can do something about these terrorist attacks, and put an end to them.

Prayer will do nothing. Action is required.

unfortunately thats all i CAN do. its better than nothing, we dont have the money to donate to a cause.

the president should be the one to take action in a situation like this.

Last edited:
I feel bad for all the victims, and the rest of the people, and their families. I just don't understand why people do this, what's the point? Do they for some reason think it's fun?

Gun control won't do anything, criminals will just find a way around it. With gun control, they could somehow get a gun illegally, they could have went through the whole process and got one legally, or they could just use a different weapon.

Last edited:
People are stupid now tis day :( Condolence to the families and to the people who lived in Las Vegas.

It's not a terrorist attack if the attack isn't being committed in the name of attaining political or religious goals. It sounds like just a spree killer. Not calling it a terrorist attack doesn't take away from the gravity of the incident, it's just trying to be accurate.

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done to combat these types of attacks other than improving the availability of things like mental health services. You might think gun control is the way to go, but then you just get a weekly car rampage like mainland Europe is seeing, or acid attacks like the uk is seeing. On top of that, just because something is illegal, doesn't mean it isn't possible. Acquiring a gun, even if it's illegal is something people could still do, and in the case of someone who wants to kill themselves after the crime or is hoping for a suicide by cop, this is even easier. They can take out a loan or simply spend all their remaining money on a weapon and ammunition, making it illegal merely makes it more expensive.

I would be interested in know what he was using, how he got access to his vantage point, etc.... But in the end there is not much to be done in the aftermath of an event like this. Demanding immediate action, or calling it a terror attack when it isn't ... these things are not helpful. Giving blood in the Las Vegas/Nevada area is likely one thing that can help, but it sounds like plenty of people are already working on that! In the aftermath of a massive tragedy, if your first reaction is to score points and be snarky, please don't ever talk to me, because you are a disgusting person.

unfortunately thats all i CAN do. its better than nothing, we dont have the money to donate to a cause.

action doesn't begin and end with money (though of course donations to charities/relief organizations/etc are very much welcome)

Gun control won't do anything, criminals will just find a way around it. With gun control, they could somehow get a gun illegally, they could have went through the whole process and got one legally, or they could just use a different weapon.

I agree to this. Not only that, but it will make america even more unsafe. Guns have lived with us long enough to where poeple can easily access guns. And if you can’t legally own one, there’s no way to defend yourself from the criminal. And let’s not forget about the Oklahoma City building bomb in 1995. Without guns, more attacks like these may happen, and those kind of attacks can kill more people than the worst of the public shootings.

Prayer will do nothing. Action is required.

Not everyone has the resources in order for them to act. Keeping victims in your thoughts is still an act of kindness when you can't do anything more.

Celebrities and people in power on the other hand...

Anyways RE: terrorism, whether it's "technically terrorism" is irrelevant. The reality is if this guy was black or brown he'd be labelled a terrorist without hesitation and his religion and/or ethnicity would be to blame, while this guy (and every other white male murderer) just gets "mentally ill" and "lone wolf" with a picture of him smiling on the news.

I agree to this. Not only that, but it will make america even more unsafe. Guns have lived with us long enough to where poeple can easily access guns. And if you can’t legally own one, there’s no way to defend yourself from the criminal. And let’s not forget about the Oklahoma City building bomb in 1995. Without guns, more attacks like these may happen, and those kind of attacks can kill more people than the worst of the public shootings.

How exactly is a gun gonna stop a bombing

- - - Post Merge - - -

If they capture the perpetrator, I suggest suspending the 8th amendment just to punish him. 58 killed, 500 injured, that to me sounds like the shooter deserved to be stoned to death. But we can't do that because it classifies as "cruel and unusual punishment". But the world has gotten more cruel and wicked anyway.

Wow. Nice to see you supporting suspending the Constitution when it suits something you want

Yall: Ban abortions! Ban birth control! Ban gay marriage! Ban trans people from public washrooms!
Yall 10 mins later: Gun laws won't do anything... just because something's banned doesn't mean people won't get them anyways... uwu

It's not a terrorist attack if the attack isn't being committed in the name of attaining political or religious goals.

you don't go murdering over 50 people and injuring hundreds more with it not having *some* ideology tied to it, sorry

and terrorism doesn't have to be tied to religion or politics anyways. it frequently is, for blatantly obvious reasons, but terrorism first and foremost is about inciting fear.

How exactly is a gun gonna stop a bombing

It won’t. I’m just saying that more of these can happen if guns are taken away. Bringing them back isn’t going to prevent further attacks either. The world (America included) has a lot of hate right now, and you can’t stop hate. You can prevent it for future generations, but people who are already hating are unsalvageable.

glad to see the standard white guy shooter's not actually a terrorist narrative is still in full force

look forward to seeing family photos next

he was just misunderstood uwu'''''

If they capture the perpetrator, I suggest suspending the 8th amendment just to punish him. 58 killed, 500 injured, that to me sounds like the shooter deserved to be stoned to death. But we can't do that because it classifies as "cruel and unusual punishment". But the world has gotten more cruel and wicked anyway.

i get what you mean but it's never okay to make exceptions when it comes to someone's human rights. all people who do these kinds of things deserve to be run over by a steamroller thirty times but it's important that the government doesn't do that imo.

the president should be the one to take action in a situation like this.

speaking up against the current gun control and that stuff is a way to take action as well !!

I feel bad for all the victims, and the rest of the people, and their families. I just don't understand why people do this, what's the point? Do they for some reason think it's fun?

it will be difficult to get rid off all the guns currently in the us since so many people have one but it's definitely something that should be worked towards. a bunch of countries with stricter gun laws have way fewer murders committed with guns than the us does. sure, people will always find ways to hurt others or themselves but some can be stopped and many lives can be saved if it is made more difficult.

this site has a bunch of facts and as far as i can tell (i haven't read everything because it's a Lot) it doesn't seem to take any sides so yay that's cool
also this spreadsheet (found here [x]) has statistics on murders committed w guns but nothing about laws but yay

Last edited:
"people will find ways to kill people, so let's just roll over and die without doing anything about tools specifically made to kill"

I agree to this. Not only that, but it will make america even more unsafe. Guns have lived with us long enough to where poeple can easily access guns. And if you can?t legally own one, there?s no way to defend yourself from the criminal. And let?s not forget about the Oklahoma City building bomb in 1995. Without guns, more attacks like these may happen, and those kind of attacks can kill more people than the worst of the public shootings.

criminals aren't their own species that live in the sewers and commit evil crimes to hurt innocent and honest civilians. people who commit violent crimes can be anyone and letting everyone have guns to protect themselves against violence is ridiculous because it leads to more violence. the american ideas about guns are wild lol.

"people will find ways to kill people, so let's just roll over and die without doing anything about tools specifically made to kill"

In all seriousness I really don't understand how people can make this argument without thinking of how ridiculous it sounds literally any other way

"Banning murder is pointless, people are just going to do it anyways"
"Banning sexual assault is pointless, people are just going to do it anyways"
"Banning theft is pointless, people are just going to do it anyways"

letting everyone have guns to protect themselves against violence is ridiculous because it leads to more violence.

I can't believe people are bringing the "People need guns to protect themselves" argument into this like did you expect the crowd to shoot their little handguns wildly and blindly at a man with military grade weapons in the 32nd floor of a building across the street

In all seriousness I really don't understand how people can make this argument without thinking of how ridiculous it sounds literally any other way

"Banning murder is pointless, people are just going to do it anyways"
"Banning sexual assault is pointless, people are just going to do it anyways"
"Banning theft is pointless, people are just going to do it anyways"

You can't really ban murder, sexual assault, or theft because they are actions not items, but you can make it a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back