• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Las Vegas Terrorist Attack Leaves 50+ Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to tell you, but passing gun laws aren't really going to stop attacks like this. Think of Charlottesville. That was not just a deadly terror attack, but it was done by a drive-in and not by a shooting. Criminals will always find a way around.

Not to mention the Melbourne Car Attack that was this year (I'm pretty sure). Killed five or so people. Then there was the London Bridge Attack that was a few months ago.
Crazy, scary world we live in, huh?

Not to mention the Melbourne Car Attack that was this year (I'm pretty sure). Killed five or so people. Then there was the London Bridge Attack that was a few months ago.
Crazy, scary world we live in, huh?

And Barcelona too. But I felt that the Charlottesville one was more aggressive, despite fewer fatalities.

Talked with my graphic design teacher this morning while watching Trump's response to the attack, He not only told me that ISIS was NOT involved, more than 400 wounded, and that there was no way in hell that people mistaked the gunshots for fireworks. When I also told him that trump aas immature on twitter, He told me, exactly, "Why don't you step in his shoes as president while you constantly get smashed?".
I felt really guilty, since I know he's serious.

guns make it easier to kill many people quickly and they have no other use than hurting living things. people who don't have a good reason to have a gun (hunter, law enforcement) shouldn't have one because it makes it easier to kill people both intentionally and accidentally

Still, being sarcastic about a shooting is not OK.

i interpreted it as sarcasm directed towards gun laws and not the nature of the shooting itself, but regardless, i understand where you are coming from as it is a sensitive subject and a senseless tragedy.

i feel awful for the victims, their families and frightened locals and deeply respect people who are out there helping and donating blood in such an awful climate.

i live in the uk where gun laws are strict and we very, very rarely get any gun related incidents - coincidence ?? magic??? and i personally believe that stricter gun laws should be put in place in the us to prevent more lives at the hands of terrorists like this - not '''lone wolves''' or mr '''he was always such a lovely guy... he must have been mentally ill''' - terrorists. the fact that this is now the biggest mass shooting in us history speaks volumes as the record keeps getting beaten.

it would be nice if the news stopped posting these shooters' names and making them the star of the show instead of acknowledging only the victims and the families affected.

I thought we did not know the motive behind the shooting yet? Then why say it's a terrorist attack if you don't know?

Regardless, this is horrific, and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

I thought we did not know the motive behind the shooting yet? Then why say it's a terrorist attack if you don't know?

Regardless, this is horrific, and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

50 dead. 400 innured. Its terror

we don't know his motive yet but i think it's kind of Bad how people are saying that he did it because he was a mentally ill loner, like, yeah that could be the case but there's probably something more because committing mass murder and acts of terrorism isn't really something people just do even if they are suffering from mental illness that makes them violent. i get that mental illness can affect people and their decisions and all that but in the end there is usually more to it than just mental illness and i think that that's something that needs to be talked about.

i live in the uk where gun laws are strict and we very, very rarely get any gun related incidents - coincidence ?? magic??? and i personally believe that stricter gun laws should be put in place in the us to prevent more lives at the hands of terrorists like this - not '''lone wolves''' or mr '''he was always such a lovely guy... he must have been mentally ill''' - terrorists. the fact that this is now the biggest mass shooting in us history speaks volumes as the record keeps getting beaten.

yeah i think it's important that the us does something about the gun laws some time soon. there have been way too many mass shooting in the us and something needs to be done about it.
sure the shooter could have gotten a gun somehow even if the laws were stricter but maybe he wouldnt (and if he did maybe he wouldn't be able to get whatever he used that could shoot that many people from the 32nd floor in such a short amount of time.....) and i think everyone understands that you can't kill almost sixty people and injure another five hundred in five minutes if you don't have a really effective weapon.

it's an awful thing that has happened and something needs to be done so that something like this will never happen again, and i believe that making gun laws stricter would be a great start.

If they capture the perpetrator, I suggest suspending the 8th amendment just to punish him. 58 killed, 500 injured, that to me sounds like the shooter deserved to be stoned to death. But we can't do that because it classifies as "cruel and unusual punishment". But the world has gotten more cruel and wicked anyway.

This happened just down the street from where I live and I didn't even know about it until this morning when my dad texted me asking if I was okay.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised by these shootings anymore. Mass shootings are so common in this country that when they happen it's not a shock or surprise anymore. Yeah, it's still sad and it angers me that these are allowed to continue to happen but a shock and surprise they are not.

And unfortunately people refuse to think there's a problem. People go to a movie, club, concert, and get shot at. And every time gun control is brought up, people get angry thinking people are attacking their right to own guns. There is no reason an average American citizen needs an assault rifle, other than to do things like this: mass kill as many innocent people as they can.

we don't know his motive yet but i think it's kind of Bad how people are saying that he did it because he was a mentally ill loner

glad to see the standard white guy shooter's not actually a terrorist narrative is still in full force

look forward to seeing family photos next

If they capture the perpetrator, I suggest suspending the 8th amendment just to punish him. 58 killed, 500 injured, that to me sounds like the shooter deserved to be stoned to death. But we can't do that because it classifies as "cruel and unusual punishment". But the world has gotten more cruel and wicked anyway.

They can't capture the perpetrator because he cowardly committed suicide after murdering 58 people and injuring hundreds more.

I don't really know what to say anymore. Every single time something like this happens everyone says something needs to change. But nothing ever does and these attacks keep happening. When will it be enough for actions to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back