• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Las Vegas Terrorist Attack Leaves 50+ Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I enjoy forming my world views on the opinions of angsty teens on an Animal Crossing forum, I don't think this discussion is going anywhere. As to not get the thread locked, could we move off the gun control discussion?

Oh come on, there's way more to being free than owning a gun.

Like owning (and protecting) your property. But how can one, as an individual,
protect their property against people infringing on their right to property if
the person infringing on their property has a gun but they don't.

It's apart of freedom. It's all freedoms or no freedoms.

"Life, liberty, and property." - John Locke

- - - Post Merge - - -

As much as I enjoy forming my world views on the opinions of angsty teens on an Animal Crossing forum, I don't think this discussion is going anywhere. As to not get the thread locked, could we move off the gun control discussion?

The OP's statements were about guns. Throughout these discussions
about guns, people have posted their opinion over the OP's statements.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

So people have to the right to bear arms for the security of a free state. :lemon:

We have guns so that the government, foreign entities, alien life, and any other
thing that tries to take our freedom, will have a much harder time doing so.

and how many times has this actually been accomplished in modern history, or do you just like preaching into the ether?

- - - Post Merge - - -

no

how is taking away your gun rights equivalent to taking away your freedom? do you really think actually owning the gun would change anything in most instances for most people?

Owning a gun is a given right, not a privilege. If you don't want to own a gun, then don't. But making it so that no one can own one infringes upon the rights of those who do want to own one, and essentially yourself since the right has been won for you.

I'm older than you boy get off grandpa's lawn.

Gun control is an important topic during events like this granted you're probably right about it going nowhere considering our uh... Location Of Conversing

But how can one, as an individual,
protect their property against people infringing on their right to property if
the person infringing on their property has a gun but they don't.

That'd happen less if ya made it harder to get guns.

Agreed. Unfortunately this kind of topic is not appropriate for a forum based on a child's videogame.

It's a metaphor. Decade is 10 years, by the way. Do you mean several centuries?

no, I'm making a comparision

- - - Post Merge - - -

Owning a gun is a given right, not a privilege. If you don't want to own a gun, then don't. But making it so that no one can own one infringes upon the rights of those who do want to own one, and essentially yourself since the right has been won for you.

I never asked for the right to be murdered, take it back

I don't think this topic is inappropriate when over 95% of this forum is above the age of 13.

Last edited:
Most people on this forum are either adults or teenagers. lol

My point is that whenever a discussion like this comes up on the forum, about 95% it's handled immaturely. Just because people here are teens/adults doesn't mean they can't carry on this discussion elsewhere.

Yeah was talking about people with that mindset in general

Whoops! My bad. Sorry for my misunderstanding. But yeah, the same people that want to limit abortions to emergencies only (or not even allow them) are the same ones that oppose gun control. Regardless of what side you pick, there?s gonna be some irony.

It is really sad and sadistic that Stephen Paddock decided to go to a country music festival in where over 30,000 people went there to have fun and enjoy their evenings. It is depressing that ~59 human lives (and rising) stopped living due to one pathetic and worthless man and that at least 200 lives were physically and mentally injured. Not only was it the lives of the victims but the friends and family who were mentally scarred and will forever be without their loved ones, or pleading God for their loved ones lives... getting down on their knees with their hands in the air sobbing... A lot of lives were drastically ruined...

Last edited:
What I can't believe is how bad of an attack this was. Apparently one of the worst in history.

Reeeeeeeally trying to resist the impulse to keep the gun argument thing going.

It's a shame. I bet the shooter was pro-Bernie. Those people are NUTS.

Bernie Sanders has spent his whole political career campaigning for tougher gun control laws.

Please don't use tragic deaths as a scapegoat for nonsensical political bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back