Las Vegas Terrorist Attack Leaves 50+ Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really ban murder, sexual assault, or theft because they are actions not items, but you can make it a crime.

It's the same concept my guy

Change "Ban guns" to "Make owning guns illegal" or "Make owning a gun a crime"

Guns need to be harder to get. I've always said this when the opportunity comes up to talk about it. It should be impossible for anyone with a criminal record to get one, for a start, and probably 25+ to purchase one.

People argue that this will force people who can't get them legally to get them illegally, but you could say that about literally anything that's illegal.

50 dead. 400 innured. Its terror

It's domestic terrorism.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Guns need to be harder to get. I've always said this when the opportunity comes up to talk about it. It should be impossible for anyone with a criminal record to get one, for a start, and probably 25+ to purchase one.

People argue that this will force people who can't get them legally to get them illegally, but you could say that about literally anything that's illegal.

I'm mixed over all of this. This shooting has me eh about the whole entire subject.

I know and acknowledge there are some laws that are supposed to prevent people
with a criminal background (specifically a felony), mental illness, et cetera.
I just feel like we as a country and a society aren't trying hard enough.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree to this. Not only that, but it will make america even more unsafe. Guns have lived with us long enough to where poeple can easily access guns. And if you can’t legally own one, there’s no way to defend yourself from the criminal. And let’s not forget about the Oklahoma City building bomb in 1995. Without guns, more attacks like these may happen, and those kind of attacks can kill more people than the worst of the public shootings.

I think we just need to get our stuff together. I'm mixed about gun
control. I do believe in it though. I also believe in the 2nd amendment.

I want low-income families and areas stricken with poverty to be able to own
a gun (since those areas are also stricken with crime). It's been proven that
if the people in these areas own a gun, their neighborhood will have less crime.

Last edited:
This world already has enough depressing matters, we sure as heck don't need more. It's so frustrating to me...why can't everybody in world just be kind, even for just one day?? Is it really that much to ask.. I mean, we are only here on this Earth for a limit amount of time..why not make the best of it, and try to make sure others enjoy their lives too? Today's world is just so depressing it can even pull the best man under

Yall: Ban abortions! Ban birth control! Ban gay marriage! Ban trans people from public washrooms!
Yall 10 mins later: Gun laws won't do anything... just because something's banned doesn't mean people won't get them anyways... uwu

I'm not exactly pro-life but I'm not pro-choice either. I believe in birth control. I morally believe in love winning. I'm eh about the transgender thing. I don't think guns should be banned. And do use the
argument that (good and bad) people will get them anyways.

Last edited:
It honestly says something about the dire state of the world we live in when something like this happening doesn't even shock me in the slightest.

Still not enough casualties to call for striker gun laws? Maybe 100 fatalities, 1000 next time, possibly then?

Regardless, can't imagine what the families of the victims are going though right now, sheer terror.

you don't go murdering over 50 people and injuring hundreds more with it not having *some* ideology tied to it, sorry

and terrorism doesn't have to be tied to religion or politics anyways. it frequently is, for blatantly obvious reasons, but terrorism first and foremost is about inciting fear.

Plenty of murderers have killed scores of people for the sheer fact that they wanted to commit the action of murder. That was the goal they wanted to attain, not any extended goal outside of the immediate action. However, it is possible that more information could come forward and it could be ruled as terror, but for now it just seems like a murderer, who wanted violence for its own sake. There have been shootings lately that have definitely been domestic terror in america, such as the Charleston church shooting, but this so far just looks like a senseless spree killer. But we'll see as more info comes forward.

Yall: Ban abortions! Ban birth control! Ban gay marriage! Ban trans people from public washrooms!
Yall 10 mins later: Gun laws won't do anything... just because something's banned doesn't mean people won't get them anyways... uwu

Actually all the stuff you said I don't want banned, I want them all legal.

I do believe in it though. I also believe in the 2nd amendment.

Here's the thing about the 2nd amendment that somehow goes over the head of every single pro-gun person: The 2nd amendment was made when "carrying a gun" was equal to walking around with an old musket and gun powder. It definitely didn't account for machine guns. The founding fathers didn't all huddle in a circle and go "I think we should all carry guns capable of killing a hundred people within minutes" "Hmm yes" "Ah splendid". IIRC it also only applied to militias, not individual people.

Actually all the stuff you said I don't want banned, I want them all legal.

I'm really glad but in that case you weren't who I was talking about anyways lol.

Here's the thing about the 2nd amendment that somehow goes over the head of every single pro-gun person: The 2nd amendment was made when "carrying a gun" was equal to walking around with an old musket and gun powder. It definitely didn't account for machine guns. The founding fathers didn't all huddle in a circle and go "I think we should all carry guns capable of killing a hundred people within minutes" "Hmm yes" "Ah splendid". IIRC it also only applied to militias, not individual people.

I'm really glad but in that case you weren't who I was talking about anyways lol.

I think you're overgeneralizing. Not every single pro-gun owner is ignorant as thinking
any gun control is bad. Too little gun control is bad. Too much gun control is bad.

I think you're overgeneralizing. Not every single pro-gun owner is ignorant as thinking
any gun control is bad. Too little gun control is bad. Too much gun control is bad.

1. I didn't say that 2. What on earth is "Too much gun control"?

Some mook who worked for CBS said she had no sympathy because they were Republicans. She was promptly fired. People are letting political party affiliation get in the way of human decency and sympathy, something human beings are SUPPOSED to have.

Last edited:
People only complain about the prospect of hard gun control if they're worried they'll not be eligible to have one.

Fact is, guns should only be used for one purpose by the general public: to protect yourself or loved ones. For any other reason, in my estimate, nobody should be allowed to use them under any circumstances.

Next time you're arguing with someone about gun control, think about the nearly 60 people killed and the 100s that were injured today. Compare that pain and suffering to your potential inability to feel big about yourself anymore.

I'm not exactly pro-life but I'm not pro-choice either. I believe in birth control. I morally believe in love winning. I'm eh about the transgender thing. I don't think guns should be banned. And do use the
argument that (good and bad) people will get them anyways.

That argument you quoted was made solely to mock on me for my conservative beliefs. We actually had a lot of conflict within the last two weeks. I doubt we’ll ever get along.

Last edited:
What on earth is "Too much gun control"?

When the government completely takes away your right to own a gun (which is basically the equivalent of taking away your freedom as a US citizen, which I'm pretty sure is protected by the bill of rights).

That argument you quoted was made solely to mock on me for my conservative beliefs. We actually had a lot of conflict within the last two weeks. I doubt we?ll ever get along.

gyro said "Yall" not "Alolan_Apples." I thought we get along just fine.

He was overgeneralizing conservatives. That's all. :confused:

- - - Post Merge - - -

When the government completely takes away your right to own a gun (which is basically the equivalent of taking away your freedom as a US citizen, which I'm pretty sure is protected by the bill of rights).

oooo N64 got her head on straight :lemon:

We have the right to bear arms for a reason.

- - - Post Merge - - -

too much gun control=firearms are a global offense?

sounds pretty sweet tbh

Or = Possibility of the United States of America's government becoming King George III.

Last edited:
how is taking away your gun rights equivalent to taking away your freedom? do you really think actually owning the gun would change anything in most instances for most people?

which is basically the equivalent of taking away your freedom as a US citizen

Oh come on, there's way more to being free than owning a gun.

gyro said "Yall" not "Alolan_Apples." I thought we get along just fine.

He was overgeneralizing conservatives. That's all. :confused:

Yeah was talking about people with that mindset in general

how is taking away your gun rights equivalent to taking away your freedom? do you really think actually owning the gun would change anything in most instances for most people?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

So people have to the right to bear arms for the security of a free state. :lemon:

We have guns so that the government, foreign entities, alien life, and any other
thing that tries to take our freedom, will have a much harder time doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back