• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which 3DS should I get to replace my old one?

Thair

among the pines
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4014-2643-5142
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
So, my original 3DS is slowly dying (as in, the functions I need the most - L and R button as well as mic, are broken and beyond repair) and I want to get a new one.
I have pretty tiny hands so I'm guessing one of the XL versions isn't the best way to go but apart from that, I don't know much about the differences. I don't use the 3D effect and don't really plan on scanning amiibos either, so that leaves me open to a lot of possibilities.
Can you recommend any of the consoles? I'm on a budget too so I'm not sure if buying a used original 3DS could be the way to go?

I'm pretty clueless as I've always just bought the first console that came out so I would be thankful for your help with choosing!

I'd recommend the New 2DS XL if you can find one used, or they are cheap where you live. I have really tiny hands but surprisingly enough this one worked very well and I love the large screens... They are not as pixel-y as the the New 3ds/XL versions so it works good.

But yeah I was lucky to find one used for like, ?100 or stuff here other wise they are almost as expensive as a New 3ds XL where I love so yeah check prices. Get a New one though regardless since they operate way fast and they don't slow stuff down.

^ I agree with Sheila. Get a New 2DS XL. I don't own one but I've noticed that they're a lot better than the New 3DS XL in terms of design. Like, you don't have to take off the back to use the SD card ... finally!

Thank you both for your help! It seems that the New 2DS XL really is my best choice and the price is also acceptable (140€ new and I can probably get it cheaper on ebay).

Thank you both for your help! It seems that the New 2DS XL really is my best choice and the price is also acceptable (140€ new and I can probably get it cheaper on ebay).

Yeah, yours might be cheaper, they just have a tendency to sell stuff pretty expensive here so yeah. And yeah I LOVE the lid where you put in the cartridge too, no more games popping around your bag!

Yeah, yours might be cheaper, they just have a tendency to sell stuff pretty expensive here so yeah. And yeah I LOVE the lid where you put in the cartridge too, no more games popping around your bag!

I was actually worried about the lid for the game slot because I feel like it might break pretty easily? But even if it should, it would be like the regular slot anyway so I guess it's no loss haha

I was actually worried about the lid for the game slot because I feel like it might break pretty easily? But even if it should, it would be like the regular slot anyway so I guess it's no loss haha

Nah it's actually pretty large and stuck hard so unless you pop it up and down for fun it should last!

I would go with the 3dsxl. I have one. I bought mine *shiny* new, and I still think they are expensive Right now (the moment i am posting this),so for buy a used one if money ia an issue

I see them all the time at Game Stop (you might want to go EBgames if your country does not have one)
--Or a pawn shop I go here and get games buuuttt
The 3dsxl 3ds or 2 ds cost less than what if would at the store (or online) at least half

some of them carry diffrent version of the ds- you might not be able to get the 2ds, but they will have the 2dsxl

Variety- they have some rare one that cost ALOT, once I saw a AC 3ds and some rare 2ds that I rarly EVER see.

Good Luck

Back