• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I have 200 Wii Points, looking for recommendations

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Bells
So, I heard the news that the Wii Shop will be shutting down, so I decided to take a look to see if I had any credit left on there, and it turns out that I have 200 Wii Points. I'm trying to decide what to do with them. As far as I know, there are no games for that price, so I would have to add some more points to be able to buy anything.

Is there any way at all to add less than 1,000 Wii Points to your account at a time? If not, what game(s) would you guys recommend to buy with 1,200 Wii Points? Or just the 200 points, if such a cheap game exists.

I already own these games on the Wii:

River City Ransom (NES)
Star Fox 64 (N64)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Mega Man 2 (NES)
Mega Man (NES)
Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Final Fantasy III (SNES)
Harvest Moon (SNES)
Cave Story (WiiWare)

Alternately, perhaps the wisest thing to do would be to just let the 200 Wii Points go when the shop shuts down, rather than spending an extra $10 in an attempt to rescue $2, $10 that might be better spent on something from the Wii U eShop or something else entirely.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

If you want to use up 1200 Wii Points, then there are a few combinations that will use up 1200 Wii Points in one fell swoop:

• Games that are priced at 1200 Wii Points
  • One game priced at 500, and another at 700
  • Two games priced at 600 Wii Points

If you're searching for Virtual Console games with these combinations in mind, the following platforms will not be applicable:

• SNES
  • Genesis
  • Neo Geo
  • N64, with the exception of Sin & Punishment (which is already available on Wii U eShop)

With that said, I recommend you to get Fluidity for 1200 Wii Points. Yes, it is already available for Nintendo 3DS, but the WiiWare version benefits greatly from better controls.
There's also both Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa and Splatterhouse for 600 Wii Points each. They're not only solid games on their own, but they're currently exclusive to the Wii Shop Channel, unless you would physically collect these games.

I have Pokemon Rumble and it's fun for me. (Warning that it can rather repetitive though.)

Would also recommend Majora's Mask or Zelda II. :)

Back