• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the longest you've ever hunted for a map?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I finally restarted a town I bought off ebay months ago, and I lucked out after maybe 45 minutes of map resetting.
Re-tail, the plaza and town hall are up near the top and the campground off the plaza, rocks and ponds in good spots and a private-y area to put my house so I won't have any close neighbors. There are two separate beaches and triangle grass, which I don't care for but I'll live and I'm excited about the rest.
I started putting down paths (blue plain cloth) before I even spoke to Nook.
I didn't know I could find more than 4 maps when I first started my main town, but that map is great too.
I'm going to be restarting my other town since there are too many rocks, and I'm hoping it wont take too long.
The longest I've hunted is around 2 days, but I've heard of people resetting for days.

Probably a couple hours for me. Congrats on finding a suitable map - have fun with it! :)

4 months has been the longest for me...

Resetting based on placement of things on the map took about 30 minutes.
When I had my game stolen from me and I made a new town, it took a couple of days. Not only because of layout, but I also was looking for specific villagers to begin with. I also need to have retail near the beach because I go to the island alot and sell beetles all the time. Everything else is fine.

Prob at most 30 seconds. Both times I chose a map, I just chose from the first set I was given (and I don't regret it at all).

I must’ve reset like 4 time tops on launch day and got what I still consider to be the best map

I must?ve reset like 4 time tops on launch day and got what I still consider to be the best map

A couple of hours by now... and I'm still resetting lmao. I've been trying to get the perfect map since yesterday morning but I feel like I'll just have to settle on something close.

A few hours, and then I settled on a decent one. Because I had passed up on several other "decent" ones and said NOT GOOD ENOUGH, but the time starts to wear on you, and you start hating Rover's face, so you settle. XD

I don't remember.. but not long. I tend to get impatient after a while. I don't like to reset for things in general in this game and only have done it a few times. I think the most I did was still under an hour for maps. I remember I tried to plot reset Biskit into place for like.. 4hours (before the update) and that kind of traumatised me.

I've never spent more than ten or fifteen minutes searching for a good map.As long as it has a curvy river and fully accessible beaches,I'm good.

Five minutes. Private beach, cherries and a straightish river, I'm good to go. ;)

Got my town on the second reset. Course I was new to ACNL and I was actually mainly resetting for fruit and villagers rather than my map. :p But I'm happy with how my town turned out regardless.

Usually 2-6 hours the shortest or 3 days. And I'm not even searching for an "absolute perfect" map either. Just something decent! Rover always seems to give me the worst ones with the river all up and around the map with no land space whatsoever :mad: I guess I'm not as lucky as some others like yourself xD Congrats on your map!

Back