• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Popular villagers you don't like?

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4283-9990-2999
So as we all know some villagers are far more popular than others, and for good reason! They're usually very cute/ have good personalities etc. However, is there a popular villager that you simply do not like at all? Whether it's because you don't think they look good or maybe you just have a personal vendetta against them, tell us your opinions of certain popular villagers!

For example I don't like Deirdre or Ankha. Ankha's design is just too unappealing to me and Deirdre's face seriously creeps me out /shudder

My apologies if there is already an active thread like this, I couldn't find one when I searched

I'm not a huge fan of francine. She just doesn't look very appealing to me.

Diana, she's so plain.

Last edited:
Marshal, he’s overrated. He’s cute and all but he’s just your average cranky squirrel Villager.

Lolly. I had her in my town and while I thought she was cute, she was just kinda plain and boring to me ?.?

Diana, she's so plain.

I don't like her face lol between.

Personally I never got the hype over Marshal either, I scanned him in on my other town just to see what he's like but he's like meh. His house is pretty chill but there are tons of other Smug villagers I can choose from before ever coming to him.

Marshal, he’s overrated. He’s cute and all but he’s just your average cranky squirrel Villager.

marshal is actually smug! though he does look like he'd be cranky ^_^

for me, Julian. he's cute but he's not really a top tier for me

Stitches and Tia. I couldn't even give a good answer as to why, they just don't appeal to me.

Marshal. Like, I don't dislike him but there are other smug villagers I like more.
Marina and Zucker. I don't particularly like the octopus villagers.
Chrissy and Francine. Idk I just dislike their coloring.
Coco. That face.

Julian, Chrissy, Francine, and Merengue. I used to like Marshal, but I don't like him that much anymore.

For me, it's all of the Sanrio, Splatoon, and Zelda villagers. Most of them are just ugly to me and I don't care about the franchises anyway. ?toile in particular for me is overrated; she's probably one of the the most popular of all of them, but I can't stand her eyes or mouth; they just look so fake to me. I think Cece and Vich? are also overrated because there are so many squirrels that are way cuter than either of them.

I guess for normal villagers I'd say Fauna; I don't dislike her or anything and I'm fairly neutral towards her, but she's really popular and she just looks plain to me.

Last edited:
I really *really* dont like Marina and Zucker. I have both of their amiibo cards and I've seen so many people pay so much for them. The octopuses scare me tbh. They're so weird, but I can appreciate Zucker's design at least. He's okay. Just not a fan of octopuses.
Chrissy and Francine freak me the heck out too. Don't put clothes on villagers. Like pre-set clothes. No. O'Hare is fine with his little hat but those little hood things on the bunnies are like attached to their ears and it bothers me.
Ruby's and Coco's eyes scare me.
Deirdre is just creepy in general.
Idk who else.

dang, why y'all gotta hate on my boy Julian?

He's so chill and cool and.. just really awesome lol. I mean I guess it's because I rarely have any smug villagers (like besides Julian I've only had one other smug and that was in my first town, and it was Chops)

I also don't see how he's boring tbh, his house interior is pretty cool if you ask me even though that kinda doesn't relate to me not seeing how he's boring??/

I don't see what other people see in Lolly or Maple. To me, they're just plain and boring. I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't like them at all, but I had Maple in my town and I was tired of her a week or two later.

Julian , Beau , Diana , Lucky , Francine , Chrissy , Coco , Wolf gang , Erik , Ruby , Ankha , Flurry , Tia and Goldie.

Reason : Ugly

Last edited:
Back