• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your town themes/Inspiration

H1nohime

🍂🍁🌾🍄🍃
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Want to show off your towns/talk about town themes? Please do!

I love seeing what other people are doing and hearing what other players have planned, so I hope this thread can be a discussion of what you have/want/or anything you're particularly proud of :)

(I'm trying to do a Meiji Japan-themed town with lots of Zen and Flower PWP, how about you?)

mine doesn't have a particular theme, really, but i'm trying to make it very foresty and natural, with lots of cedars, hollies, and mushrooms. some users do a really really good job with this sort of theme, that i've seen from dream towns. though most are hacked towns >:V. as someone who can't hack, and wouldn't even if they could, it frustrates me a bit, but what can i do lol.

i still really need the statue fountain and it's driving me crazy that i can't get it, haha. it fits the aesthetic i want more than the regular fountain.

I used to have a fairy town that was pretty rigid and uniform until I saw some forest/overgrown town and I thought those were really nice. So I turned my town more into a forest theme that's not as rigid with paths and more natural. I also liked the zen PWPs so I ended using those a lot so now my town is a cherry/zen themed town? :')))

Themes evolve man :)

I saw a hacked town once where it was a 'fairy forest' with four witch-themed houses (one on the beach, one by the river etc.)
Almost died with envy...

Mine's intended to be more modern. I'm hoping I can pull it off when it's done.

my town is only focused on being a place I can relax, so I'm putting all my favorite things, my favorite colours, all villagers are frogs, everything is tidy and organised... it's not really themed, its just meant to be a nice place to play and relax ^^

My town doesn't really have too much of a theme going on right now. I suppose it's a foresty Halloween one haha I have it set up for Halloween rn soo yeah :p

However after I update my DA, I plan on reworking my whole town and making it a modern theme! Since I already have the backstory of my character's I want to make the town fit that more. Plus I'm getting bored of my current layout so I want to try something totally different.

I'm not sure if it counts, but my town theme is based on Avatar the Last Airbender. More specifically Republic City.
So, what I'm doing is more a modern theme; modern police station, town hall, and train station. I have my main mayor's house who doesn't fit the theme xD but I do have Aang's and Zuko'a houses almost together. I made an air temple house and a fire nation based house. I'm also planning a more natural forest area by the pond because I really like the idea that it's so peaceful.
My future plans for this town are placing more flowers around town to match each of the four elements and fix up every characters houses. Also I really need that statue fountain public works project to symbolize something, but my villagers didn't request it yet.

I'm proud of my town but it's still a huge work in progress :3

im trying to make a forest town. i have no idea how to place my flowers or what patterns of flowers. or colors. flowers will be my towns downfall.

My town of Powtown is based around superhero comic books. So I have all my villagers as heroes and villains. Kid Cat, Agent S, Big Top, Phil, and Mira make up the heroes. Ken, Rasher, Kabuki, Coco, and Alli make up the villains.

My town is very modern, with all the modern pwp's and city elements scattered around. I'm using mainly Blue, Yellow, and Red flowers around town to have the city feel vibrant like a comic book.

My mayor's house is going to be a superhero base, with a home gym and sewing room. My side characters are a supervillain with an evil lair, a cop with a full police station placed right next to copper, and an evil scientist back in the only forest area who has an evil lab/gyroid factory.

I still have a lot to work on in my town but I have so many ideas! I'm having so much fun building up this theme.

My town I guess you could say is more on the Forest side. I'm taking inspiration from overgrown forest towns, but making them a little more structured and cleaned up.

There seem to be a lot of cool modern/forest type themes going around!

I really like the avatar themed idea... Would love to see that when you're happy showing it off :)

In one town (Moonview) I'm making a forest town, I'm almost done with it...Just need to redo one small area and try fixing up one of my side character's house.

Then after I'm done there, I going to work on my next town. I already started doing some things there, this town won't really have a theme like my three other towns.

I also go back to my other town, Chocolat and do some relandscaping...I don't like how one big area looks ;-;. It's where Mint, Poppy and Vich?'s houses are at.

Last edited:
I'm going with a natural ~organic~ feel with my town. I'm aiming for all dirt paths, scattered trees and flowers, and PWPs that fit into the environment. The only areas that I plan to have organized greenery are those around buildings and large PWPs like the windmill. My first town had tiled paths and a pretty rigid flower structure that eventually just started to feel kind of impersonal and artificial.

I debated whether or not to have a certain theme in my house, but I think I'm just going to go with what matches my real life the most. For example, my basement is going to be a home gym because lifting is really important to me (even though I've been slacking shhh) and I'm going to have a few birch cabin pieces because my grandfather has birch stuff in his house that he made himself. The main reason I play this game is to relax, so I want to fill my little virtual house with things that are associated with good things in my actual life. ^^

At first I wanted to make my town Tinytree based on a tiny house community because I was obsessed with them at one point... so self sustained living with PWPs like the solar panel, wind turbines etc., small resident houses with the essentials, etc. but I couldn't make it work nicely with the forest theme I had going and by the time I landscaped everything the bigger PWPs didn't fit. So my town is just a typical forest town. I wanted to try out a town with only dirt paths and no QR pathways and I'm very happy with the result. I'm currently trying a modern-ish pathed town in my 2nd copy but it's not working so well lol.

A house I'm particularly proud of is Eggs' cafe house in Tinytree. I drew all the tiles myself which were inspired by european influences that can be seen in several S.East Asian countries, particularly in Malaysia where I'm living right now! My favourite house is definitely my mayor's though. I just feel so comfy in there and I wish my house IRL can be like that in the future.

So my towns are basically the two parts of me, the dark side, and the light side. Sounds cheesy but those are my two distinct interests. I'm a witch who loves dead things and spooky things, and Halloween. But I also love kawaii pastel cute things, like Sanrio stuff and mermaids and kittens and rainbows and everything cute and adorable. So those became the basis for my towns.

Salem- Halloween town.

Mayor Aerin is a witch, basically my Witch-Sona, she is a good witch and all her villagers love her, there's tons of trees and woody areas in the town and it will be set near Halloween and will be a Trick-Or-Treat route through the villagers houses (there is going to be candy lining the way through the houses). All the villagers are "costumed" or "spooky" villagers. There is a costume shop owned by a quirky wizard, with all sorts of neat costumes to buy. There is a candy house out in the woods, home of an evil witch who lures naughty and greedy children who veer off the route into her house to fatten them up and eat them! There is a pumpkin patch, a bush maze, face cut outs and an illuminated wonderland to wander through at night. Just lots of spooky Halloween fun!

Valo- Pastel Rainbow Town

Mayor Bray is a femme boy who loves all things rainbow! The villagers are all colors of the rainbow as well! Bray's boyfriend lives in an apartment in town as well and their houses will tell a bit about their love story. This town is still not complete and needs a lot of work, but will be more modern looking with fairy tale vibes as well, it will feature an art walk spanning a whole side of the town (where a bit more of the love story will become apparent.) Just a super cute LGBT+ love story(with rainbows) is what I am going for, as that's another big part of me. <3

Halloween in Salem sounds like a ton of fun!!! I love the idea of witches in ACNL :)

Also, a self-sustained town in ACNL? Even if it didn't turn out right it's still a very unique concept! Kudos for thinking outside the box :)

Last edited:
My main town doesn?t have a theme and is a rather odd mix of pastel, zen, forest, and modern. I pretty much just used whatever i liked and didn?t really care if it went together. Oddly enough, it actually looks pretty nice.

My second town is a hacked forest town. I know it?s overdone and cliche, but I love the outdoors and hikes and forests in real life and having a forest town is really comfortable and relaxing to me. It?s so much fun to work om and I just aaahhh I love it.

Nothing wrong with hacking or mix-and-match themes :)
At the end of the day ACNL is all about playing and enjoying the town you have, so why shouldn't you?

My town Corona is currently being worked into a tropical/natural forest town. I'm trying to keep it really vegetated but highly saturated with colors to give it a summery feel. :) I have each of my villagers participating in some sort of market, because I want to give off the idea that Corona is a very popular tourist destination.

Back