• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your town themes/Inspiration

im trying to go for a very nice, natural, earthy theme. my town name comes from "Midgard," a name the nine realms in the Marvel Comics/MCU refer to earth as. it was kinda misspelled on accident. when i got ACNL, it was pre-used and the last owner had a town called "Migar." i had no idea what to name mine, so i just stuck with it. lmao although i wished i had spelled it correctly when i restarted, i kind of like that it has a somewhat original name and spelling.

i still have a lot of work to do, but once i finally get my last dream villager, i can plan everything out much easier.

Um, Cascade is like a foresty, family friendly rural community with parks.
Redbow will be Zenish with red and whitish flowers,
I'm thinking that maybe Chapman will be kind of vintage/oldwest, but I'm not sure yet.

Um, Cascade is like a foresty, family friendly rural community with parks.
Redbow will be Zenish with red and whitish flowers,
I'm thinking that maybe Chapman will be kind of vintage/oldwest, but I'm not sure yet.

Wait, as Chapman in orange county?

Mine, well, you already know.
Consisting of modern a little bit of zen pwps to get that feel, (streetlights, towers, road pattern ((from drokmar)))
And a more "lived-in" atmosphere for all of my inkling houses (if you hadnt seen my finished Marie house thread, click on this link! http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?433911-Can-anyone-rate-Marie-s-house-(Finished-)
its coming together, drokmar won't be on until next week to finish those patterns ;-;

whenever i hear ?the circle of life? and the very start of the lion king makes me inspired:) my (future) town is going to be planning to be forest-like.

Wait, as Chapman in orange county?

Mine, well, you already know.
Consisting of modern a little bit of zen pwps to get that feel, (streetlights, towers, road pattern ((from drokmar)))
And a more "lived-in" atmosphere for all of my inkling houses (if you hadnt seen my finished Marie house thread, click on this link! http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?433911-Can-anyone-rate-Marie-s-house-(Finished-)
its coming together, drokmar won't be on until next week to finish those patterns ;-;

Not specifically, Chapman was a name that I latched onto from a list of archaic words. It has a great antique/ old west name to it, plus it's another name for merchant, which is great since I'm kinda planning on using it for cycling.

Last edited:
For a second there, I thought you were talking about an area next to where I lived. It even has an "old" orange town :3

Thanks for sharing the thread Haydenv019! I've personally never played Splatoon before, but I appreciate the number of cool zen PWPs... It's also pretty rare to see a Southwest-themed town, Ably.Saucey, so its something I hope you post too!

My theme I actually song of healing from Legend of Zelda (majora's mask).
Guess you could say I'm a zelda fan...:rolleyes:

My main town, Ruddyoak, is Lord of the Rings-based. (Ruddyoak was an Ent in an old LotR computer game, and Mayor Athelwyn was named after a sorceress character in the same game.) She represents me, and is also a librarian like I am IRL. Her tiny basement library is modeled after a Special Collections department where I used to work, and it contains a tribute to Tolkien.
The other three characters are based on regular LotR people (1 hobbit, 1 man, and 1 unknown).
The whole town has a cozy, Hobbiton feel. I've just started kicking into high gear with finally getting it ready for a DA...I've had the town since Jan. '14. :p

Goblin is entirely themed after the movie "Labyrinth," since it's my favorite film, and Bowie is/was one of my favorite people of all time. Its new DA is coming soon, I swear.

AHS is entirely themed after the first 4 seasons of "American Horror Story." (It was my favorite show, but I can't stand seasons 5 and beyond, TBH.) Even the villagers share names with characters from the show.

And I have several more in the works...

Last edited:
My main town, Ruddyoak, is Lord of the Rings-based. (Ruddyoak was an Ent in an old LotR computer game, and Mayor Athelwyn was named after a sorceress character in the same game.) She represents me, and is also a librarian like I am IRL. Her tiny basement library is modeled after a Special Collections department where I used to work, and it contains a tribute to Tolkien.
The other three characters are based on regular LotR people (1 hobbit, 1 man, and 1 unknown).
The whole town has a cozy, Hobbiton feel. I've just started kicking into high gear with finally getting it ready for a DA...I've had the town since Jan. '14. :p

Goblin is entirely themed after the movie "Labyrinth," since it's my favorite film, and Bowie is/was one of my favorite people of all time. Its new DA is coming soon, I swear.

AHS is entirely themed after the first 4 seasons of "American Horror Story." (It was my favorite show, but I can't stand seasons 5 and beyond, TBH.) Even the villagers share names with characters from the show.

And I have several more in the works...

Your AHS town sounds perfect for a Halloween Dream Town visit ---

My towns are themed on things that interest me or bring me back to my childhood. Like nursury rhymes, retro cartoons, Disney, older childrens books, and farming.

I love landscaping my towns, but the houses are my main focus. I like creating unique rooms, with lots of color, and cute patterns.

Your AHS town sounds perfect for a Halloween Dream Town visit ---

Thank you! :D That's a great idea.
Like the show itself, it's set up to look mostly like a neat, happy suburb on the outside, and then you look inside the 4 houses...

My first town Rosedale isn't really themed. It was my first town so I just put in villagers, and pwps that I liked. It's mostly a bright, flower filled town featuring pink, purple, white and yellow flowers. I keep this town set in Summer.

Everybody has to have at least one forest town, don't they? My town Sefton is one I am most proud of and since Autumn grass has appeared, it's looking more stunning. Sefton is a forest themed town featuring clover and stoned paths with black and white flowers that surround the path. I have mushrooms, precious stones and lost items scattered around town. My villagers are all natural coloured for example Henry, Butch and Whitney, who all wear a comfy sweater, a fashion trend Erik had started when he moved into town. My mayor's house has darkwood flooring and white coloured furniture as well as plants and book shelves around the place. My second character's house is nothing more than a tent decorated as a tent should be decorated with a sloppy bed and plants. It's still a work in progress but it's coming along nicely and works well seasonally.

At one point Rosedale was an all pink and purple town and looking back, it looked stunning during winter time, and I kind of want to recreate that. When I'm finished with Sefton, my goal is to create a winter town with pink flowers and pink villagers. I've really wanted Midge in my town for a very long time but I don't think she'd do well in my other two towns but I think she'd fit right in this pink town. My very first town I started with was called Amaranth and I once had a town called Hyacinth, so I plan to name it after flowers. typically pink.

Thank you! :D That's a great idea.
Like the show itself, it's set up to look mostly like a neat, happy suburb on the outside, and then you look inside the 4 houses...

Yep - I do tours every year (Aika Village, Harry Potter town etc.) around Halloween :) Preferably at midnight... Trying to add some new towns now that the Dream Code update took out my favorites!

- - - Post Merge - - -

My first town Rosedale isn't really themed. It was my first town so I just put in villagers, and pwps that I liked. It's mostly a bright, flower filled town featuring pink, purple, white and yellow flowers. I keep this town set in Summer.

Everybody has to have at least one forest town, don't they? My town Sefton is one I am most proud of and since Autumn grass has appeared, it's looking more stunning. Sefton is a forest themed town featuring clover and stoned paths with black and white flowers that surround the path. I have mushrooms, precious stones and lost items scattered around town. My villagers are all natural coloured for example Henry, Butch and Whitney, who all wear a comfy sweater, a fashion trend Erik had started when he moved into town. My mayor's house has darkwood flooring and white coloured furniture as well as plants and book shelves around the place. My second character's house is nothing more than a tent decorated as a tent should be decorated with a sloppy bed and plants. It's still a work in progress but it's coming along nicely and works well seasonally.

At one point Rosedale was an all pink and purple town and looking back, it looked stunning during winter time, and I kind of want to recreate that. When I'm finished with Sefton, my goal is to create a winter town with pink flowers and pink villagers. I've really wanted Midge in my town for a very long time but I don't think she'd do well in my other two towns but I think she'd fit right in this pink town. My very first town I started with was called Amaranth and I once had a town called Hyacinth, so I plan to name it after flowers. typically pink.

It sounds so photogenic...

Last edited:
Back