• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

NaNoWriMo 2017

It's November 1st!!

... and I slept in until after 1pm and have not decided on a project yet.

It's November 1st!!

... and I slept in until after 1pm and have not decided on a project yet.

You still have 29 days. ;)

Our writing group meets tonight, so I'll wait until then to put my first words down, but I'm spaced out on cold meds, so that could prove to be... entertaining.

You still have 29 days. ;)

Our writing group meets tonight, so I'll wait until then to put my first words down, but I'm spaced out on cold meds, so that could prove to be... entertaining.

Usually I go into NaNo with extensive plans. One year (2010) the outline alone was 36,010 words. :p

I've just over 1,500 words so far. Not quite sure where I'm going with it yet. It's so far focused on a young man's first shift in a fast food restaurant. The staff are anything but professional and I'm enjoying it.

edit: an hour and a half later-
Hit 3,000 words. Going to take a break to do my stats homework and then I'll be getting back to it. I'm not usually a pantser but I'm having a lot of fun with this.

?BZZT. I?m going on break: Sid, you?re in charge; Babe, you?re free to leave; don?t do anything stupid while I?m gone and anyone who even thinks about touching fryer number four is just begging for me to stick their head down the girls? loo.?

Last edited:
Need to get started on this but still not sure what I want to do as of yet, might work on a few things since I don't have most of one of my stories I planned on adding to...

Hit 10k last night. I kind of want to hit 20k over the weekend but I'm doubting it. Have a friend staying with me.

Hit 10k last night. I kind of want to hit 20k over the weekend but I'm doubting it. Have a friend staying with me.

You're making the rest of us look bad!

Just kidding, only have a few thousand so far... gotta try to get an outline going so far so I can actually have some direction...

You're making the rest of us look bad!

Just kidding, only have a few thousand so far... gotta try to get an outline going so far so I can actually have some direction...

I usually speed ahead haha. My fastest record for hitting 50k is under 24hrs. :p

I might do the same at @outline. I've been pantsing it so far but I'm starting to lose steam.

I am terrible with pantsing, I hit walls soooo fast.
Not writing today because I crapped up my wrist and already writing on here is bugging it... (honestly I could save my posts and do a word count on them I'd probably be killing it...)

TFW you write a few thousand of one story and decide to move onto a completely different story... -_- Good times. At least this one I have a bit more thought out. Still going to add the bit I wrote on the other story to the total though, probably help me get to my goal a bit easier.

Nooo I can't do this this year. My schedule is hectic and finals are approaching soon so I can't make time in to doing this. Oh well, good luck on your works guys :cool:

*wrist is hurt*
*said she wasn't going to write today*
*dropped 2000 words easy*
My wrist is paying for it, but at least I got past my daily goal, still not on track after missing the first few days, but now I already have almost 4k total so I'm happy with that.

Got a bit of an outline jotted down so I can try to stay concise with the story track I have in mind. Already making minor changes though as I go. Gotta think of some neat sounding names though.

At like 6k now. Proud of myself, but still not on track. Hopefully on my days off, since I have a few extra, I'll be able to get some writing done. =D

Getting over being sick, so I've been crawling into bed early every night after work. I'm so behind! Today, I really need to have some quality time with my laptop.

Had my days off of work, totally failed... I think the inspiration fairy just decided to zap me of any and all inspiration for my story? I had a rough draft of big events to happen in the story and that disappeared? Really in a rut... found an outline of an OLD story that I never really worked on and if I get some inspiration by tomorrow hopefully I'll at least TRY, but with how many days I've missed I am def not reaching 50k -_-

Are you gunna order your dragon now? =D

I totally failed, this month has just been so busy for me... -_-

Yes, I will get her.

I'm sorry it hadn't gone well for you. I've had years like that. It isn't fun, but I'm sure you'll get back to writing. You've got a lot of talent. :)

Yes, I will get her.

I'm sorry it hadn't gone well for you. I've had years like that. It isn't fun, but I'm sure you'll get back to writing. You've got a lot of talent. :)

Thanks so much, towards the end of the year things just go into mega death speed or something I swear October-December just zoom by in my life. I'd love to see pictures of your new friend when you get her!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, I will get her.

Thanks so much, towards the end of the year things just go into mega death speed or something I swear October-December just zoom by in my life. I'd love to see pictures of your new friend when you get her!

Back