Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Some of the best characters in tv and movies (in my opinion) are over the age of 60.
I mean come on! They are! Give me more shows and movies with great senior characters! Forget all these heroes that aren't even out of puberty yet! Give me Red. Give me Grandmother Fa! Give me Georges!
or Sugarmomma.
Or Edna Mode
Or Cookie.
Or Mrs.Packard!
I'm probably by myself on my preferences, but post your favorite elders here.

Ray's mom on "Everybody Loves Raymond" (may the actress rest in peace)...

not sure of exact age, hut i always loved the main character's dad on "Psyche"

there's this one old lady that was in a bunch of the movies by Perdo Almodovar, she was awesome-- Chus Lampreave, we had a thread dedicated to her liek a year or two ago when she passed, just a hilarious actress,,,

joe in baby driver, emily and richard gilmore in gilmore girls, mama odie in the princess and the frog, carl and ellie from UP.

Old Joseph Joestar
Mulan's grandma
Moana's grandma
Probably a lot of grandmas

Is it every actually confirmed how old Edna Mode is?

Well considering she (maybe) made those really old caped costumes that led to deaths, and the fact that she was 15 years retired I'd say she's probably pretty old.

Also I love sassy grandmas in everything, but yeah agreeing that Gramma (Moana's Grandma) is the best.

Last edited:
My boyfriend got me watching a show on Netflix called Gracie and Frankie. It's about two women that live together after they discover their husbands had been having an affair with each other for two decades. A lot of the characters (including the main two ladies) are seniors. It's a pretty fun show to watch!

Jessica Fletcher! I had actually never seen Murder She Wrote when I was younger but 2 years ago, I started watching on Netflix after I heard it was loosely based on an Agatha Christie character. I was really disappointed when they took it off. I'm told Murder she wrote is also very popular among elderly people because it shows her being active and having a life. My friends tried to get me into Golden Girls so I watched a couple episodes but I haven't had much time to watch. As for side characters, I tend to like the funny grandmas.

Back