• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Okay a line has to be drawn somewhere

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Normally I don't care what a villager has in their house. They have have bugs and fish up the wazoo for all I care, but I draw the line at them wanting assessed, LARGE dinosaur parts that have no other parts attached to them.

Cranston just asked me for my assessed Diplo chest in exchange for, you guess it, a t-shirt Why the HECK does he want that?

Villagers ask for the bizarre things and it's a bit creepy how they know what you have in your inventory in order to ask you for it

Last edited:
I meaaan if someone's lugging a diplo chest around town it's pretty hard for that to go unnoticed by a normal passerby.

I never let my villagers take dinosaur parts - if I ever see one show up in their house, they get the boot.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I meaaan if someone's lugging a diplo chest around town it's pretty hard for that to go unnoticed by a normal passerby.

Fair point! :p

lol, yesterday or 2 days ago in my Re-Tail I was selling a dinosaur part, I forgot which one it was, but Chief pinged and he went over and I made him buy it lol. I have yet to see where he placed it in his house, though I'll find out tonight because we have a meeting

Ugh this drives me mad! I don't mind them wanting one space items like the Amber or dinosaur egg, but round skeleton parts?? Really?? Just no.

i know that is soo annoying. It looks tacky. luckily my villagers haven't asked for my fossils but it is a very weird thing for them to sk for.

Haha! Indeed such a large thing couldn't pass by unnoticed... x)
Well, at least you could afterwards gift them a bed or table that's 4 spaces wide and they'll most likely replace the dinosaur part... x)
I gave in to Pinky's request in the past and her house was a mess for a long time ;v;

I do many rejections about ugly shirts/furniture upon villagers - although they can indeed guilt trip you afterwards.

I use a trick to prevent them from asking altogether: When a villager pings me when I have something I don't want them to have, I "hide" such items by simply attaching them to empty letters before talking. It doesn't work for bugs and fish, so when I get one that is overly large, I try my best to sell immediately.

Ugh this happened to soleils house... She replaced her luxurious exotic bed for a 2 X 2 sino piece.. it's better now but..

The ONLY fossils I give my villagers are those miniatures. I refuse to give them any random bone parts I have.

So I've never had a villager want to put up dino bits in their house before. Like they've only ever asked for it once. It was Friga, and she asked for it and I gave it to her because I can't say no to her, then I sent her the shirt she traded it for back to her in the mail. She decided to display the shirt in her house instead of the dinosaur fossils. It was a close shave with that one, but it's never happened again. I guess I'm just lucky in that department.

I never once had a villager who put up a fossil in their house on this game.
But I do have a problem of them putting shirts everywhere and random furniture like a traffic cone for example or anything that looks out of place to me.

Last edited:
No, I never give them fossils, they take up a lot of space and 99% of the time they don't fit in the homes anyway. I either donate or sell fossils depending on museum needs ;)

I always think it's funny when they ask for huge awkward furniture pieces. In my first town I would always say yes because I didn't know nothing really happens if you say no, so my neighbor, Rolf, had the most tacky house ever, he had a princess bed, and like a green dresser, and a some other super tacky clashing stuff... It was too far gone to be undone, and when I started sending him other furniture he'd never put it up... it's silly sometimes what they ask for.

I don't know why a villager would want a giant part of a dinosaur skeleton, just watching them while they sleep at night.

When I had Muffy in my town I made the mistake of giving her a fossil once. Once. She replaced her bed with it and then I later found out her entire house was an empty barren mistake. She just had like a table with a bug on it and a giant dang fossil in the corner. I never give my villagers fossils anymore. Never again.

Yeah I shut that request down faster than others. My villagers always catch me with a fossil when I'm headed to retail to sell it. I do not ever want to see a huge fossil in their houses.

I feel to guilty to say no to my villagers, so whenever I've got dinosaur fossils in my pockets, I always sneak directly to Re-Tail, trying to avoid my villagers so I can sell them before somebody begs for a Diplo Neck. But whenever I'm not fast enough, I end up caving, like "you know what, Pashmina, if this will really make you happy...."

I'll only give them a fossil if it's a single piece fossil. Otherwise I refuse or just sell them really fast so no one will ask me.

But I agree, I am usually pretty generous when it comes to items for my villagers and don't care if they have bugs. I'll only refuse a request if the item they ask for would look especially hideous in their home/not fit the theme, or is a fossil. :p

I'll only give them a fossil if it's a single piece fossil. Otherwise I refuse or just sell them really fast so no one will ask me.

But I agree, I am usually pretty generous when it comes to items for my villagers and don't care if they have bugs. I'll only refuse a request if the item they ask for would look especially hideous in their home/not fit the theme, or is a fossil. :p

Edit: why double post :(

Last edited:
Back