う
ぶ
つ
Purple の
森
ぶ
ど
78315df6f0f901f4-weblogo.png

Where were they? I had been gone merely a minute to relieve myself behind a bush when I had lost track of my family.

?Are you lost??

The voice was small and high-pitched, like a child. I looked around but there was no one to be seen. Crash! Something ? no someone ? hit the ground with a thud. A four foot mass of tangled chestnut fur lay mangled on the forest floor.

?Are you alright?? I dropped to my knees, touching at the creatures arm.

?Just fine.? The head lifted and I saw the face of a girl. She must be no older than twelve, with bright eyes and a demure smile that suggested she was in no pain at all. I took a step back as she got to her feet, brushing leaves and debris from her maroon smock before finger combing her hair.

?Have you?? I hesitated a moment, wondering if it was appropriate to change the subject so quickly when I had just seen her fall from ten feet above. Surely there was no harm in trying. ??seen a family??

?A family? Yes many.? She pulls an acorn and a few dark round balls from her hair and examines them. ?Juniper berry??

?No thank you.?

Many? How odd. She was the first person outwith my own family I had encountered in our four hour foray into the forest. I watched her as she delicately placed a berry between her lips, then poked it into her mouth with the tip of her finger.

?Where did you see them??

?See who??

?The families.?

?All around us,? she said, ?it?ll be hard to find yours.?

I ignored her and began to make my way through the trees. I wasn't going to find them if I just stood around talking to strange girls. Leaves crunched underfoot as she skipped along beside me, still snacking on the juniper berries.

?Where will you look??

?Between the trees.? Not that there was anything other than trees, small streams, and natural fauna in the middle of a forest.

?Maybe you should look inside the trees,? she said, ?they could be there.?

?My family don?t climb trees.? I snickered as I imagined my portly little brother trying to climb a tree. Even if a wolf were chasing him he would not be able to summon the courage to climb one. He was around the age of the girl, maybe a year or two older, but easily had fifty pounds on her skeletal frame.

?No, not up in the trees - inside the trees!?

I glared at her. Her nonsense was starting to grate on me. She tossed the remaining berries over her shoulder and walked over to a tree.

?Look here, see.? She wedged her fingers in a small nook of the tree and began to peel back the bark. A two-foot oval section of bark sprang back, as if on a hinge. I peeked inside, expecting to see something exciting - like a portal to a different dimension. But inside the tree was hollow.

?That?s weird.?

?All of the trees here are exactly the same.?

?All of them??

?All of them.?

I moved over to the next tree, knocking on it?s bark as if rapping a door. It didn?t sound hollow to the touch. I looked for a nook and found one much like the one the girl had shown me. It was stiff and wouldn?t budge.

?I think this one is just an ordinary tree.?

?Sometimes sap will seal them shut. You better not try to open it. Why don?t you try the next one instead??

I suspected she was playing a prank on me by this point. I humoured her anyway and did as she asked. This time, when I slid my fingers into the nook, it pulled back - much like the first tree had done. Again, it was completely hollow inside.

?Remarkable.? I tried another and it opened too. ?I wonder who carved out all these trees.?

?They weren?t carved.? She skipped off ahead of me by a few paces. ?They grew this way.?

?How come??

?Because they needed to.?

?Why??

She pursed her lips, for a moment in thought. ?I have a secret to tell you.?

?Oh??

?It?s a very sad secret.?

I was curious now. ?What is it??

?I?m dead,? said the girl, ?and so are you.?

?You?re barmy.?

?Everyone around us here is dead too.?

What was she talking about? I looked around us, just to confirm that we were still very much alone.

?There is no one else here.?

?Yes, there are.? She lowered her voice. ?They?re at rest inside the trees.?
cTHw6kZ.jpg

Yuzu

89YX3km.jpg

Jacob

20171001_020338.jpg

Cress/Puffle/Oufgle/Zach/Zachary/Butch

inktober_01_by_hiimeki-dbp5suj.png

Himeki

AxLjlp9.png

Pearls

22157515_119897238699367_8704852132836147200_n.jpg

Monkey D Luffy

image.jpg

Jint

attachment.php

Togen

6otE2Xv.jpg

KaydeeKrunk

Hola Artmigos,

I figured it would be a fun idea to make a thread for everyone to post their Inktober 2017 art, so we can see everyone's pictures and progress each day.

Jake Parker created Inktober in 2009 as a challenge to himself to improve his drawing and inking skills while also encouraging good drawing habits. The idea is simple. Every October, artists everywhere draw one ink drawing per day for the entire month.

The ?rules? (as stated on Jake Parker?s website) are as follows:

1.Make a drawing in ink (you can use pencil to sketch something first if you want)

2.Post it on your blog (or Google+, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall)

3.Hashtag it with #inktober

4.Repeat

>>>>> Each day I'll try and post a new post with a big title and prompts people maybe being using each day so I'd appreciate if you didn't post your picture for that day until the title is up- just so people can navigate through the thread easily

e.g DAY 1: SWIFT, ETC... <<<<<<

If people would like to PM me or message me prompts they are using, I will make a list in this OP so other people can see :]

prompt.jpg

dgi7a0.png
I'll add more as people send them too me so feel free :]

Enjoy Inktober everyone! :]
(sorry if the thrread is messy, Ill probably edit it in a bit.)

Last edited:
Glad there's a big collective thread now! Definitively going to post here and in my thread.
I always love the vagueness of the official prompts but they just aren't spooky enough. (I mean they're so vauge you could MAKE them spooky, but that's too much effort because my creativity is smoll and fragile.)

INKTOBER DAY 1

SWIFT, SPOOKY FOREST.........

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
I'm not really an artist, so I'm using Kaydee's Halloween-themed prompts for short stories. I had aimed for around 100-500 words, but this one kind of ballooned. I had a lot of fun with it.

Prompt: Spooky Forest.
773 words.

Where were they? I had been gone merely a minute to relieve myself behind a bush when I had lost track of my family.

“Are you lost?”

The voice was small and high-pitched, like a child. I looked around but there was no one to be seen. Crash! Something — no someone — hit the ground with a thud. A four foot mass of tangled chestnut fur lay mangled on the forest floor.

“Are you alright?” I dropped to my knees, touching at the creatures arm.

“Just fine.” The head lifted and I saw the face of a girl. She must be no older than twelve, with bright eyes and a demure smile that suggested she was in no pain at all. I took a step back as she got to her feet, brushing leaves and debris from her maroon smock before finger combing her hair.

“Have you…” I hesitated a moment, wondering if it was appropriate to change the subject so quickly when I had just seen her fall from ten feet above. Surely there was no harm in trying. “…seen a family?”

“A family? Yes many.” She pulls an acorn and a few dark round balls from her hair and examines them. “Juniper berry?”

“No thank you.”

Many? How odd. She was the first person outwith my own family I had encountered in our four hour foray into the forest. I watched her as she delicately placed a berry between her lips, then poked it into her mouth with the tip of her finger.

“Where did you see them?”

“See who?”

“The families.”

“All around us,” she said, “it’ll be hard to find yours.”

I ignored her and began to make my way through the trees. I wasn't going to find them if I just stood around talking to strange girls. Leaves crunched underfoot as she skipped along beside me, still snacking on the juniper berries.

“Where will you look?”

“Between the trees.” Not that there was anything other than trees, small streams, and natural fauna in the middle of a forest.

“Maybe you should look inside the trees,” she said, “they could be there.”

“My family don’t climb trees.” I snickered as I imagined my portly little brother trying to climb a tree. Even if a wolf were chasing him he would not be able to summon the courage to climb one. He was around the age of the girl, maybe a year or two older, but easily had fifty pounds on her skeletal frame.

“No, not up in the trees - inside the trees!”

I glared at her. Her nonsense was starting to grate on me. She tossed the remaining berries over her shoulder and walked over to a tree.

“Look here, see.” She wedged her fingers in a small nook of the tree and began to peel back the bark. A two-foot oval section of bark sprang back, as if on a hinge. I peeked inside, expecting to see something exciting - like a portal to a different dimension. But inside the tree was hollow.

“That’s weird.”

“All of the trees here are exactly the same.”

“All of them?”

“All of them.”

I moved over to the next tree, knocking on it’s bark as if rapping a door. It didn’t sound hollow to the touch. I looked for a nook and found one much like the one the girl had shown me. It was stiff and wouldn’t budge.

“I think this one is just an ordinary tree.”

“Sometimes sap will seal them shut. You better not try to open it. Why don’t you try the next one instead?”

I suspected she was playing a prank on me by this point. I humoured her anyway and did as she asked. This time, when I slid my fingers into the nook, it pulled back - much like the first tree had done. Again, it was completely hollow inside.

“Remarkable.” I tried another and it opened too. “I wonder who carved out all these trees.”

“They weren’t carved.” She skipped off ahead of me by a few paces. “They grew this way.”

“How come?”

“Because they needed to.”

“Why?”

She pursed her lips, for a moment in thought. “I have a secret to tell you.”

“Oh?”

“It’s a very sad secret.”

I was curious now. “What is it?”

“I’m dead,” said the girl, “and so are you.”

“You’re barmy.”

“Everyone around us here is dead too.”

What was she talking about? I looked around us, just to confirm that we were still very much alone.

“There is no one else here.”

“Yes, there are.” She lowered her voice. “They’re at rest inside the trees.”

Last edited:
Awesome! I plan on doing daily sketches, but I kind of just chose interesting prompts from several different lists. Some of mine are also just "finish a half completed drawing in my sketchbook" since I tend to have a problem with that. I'll post weekly since it is easier for me to photograph / scan a bunch at once.

Sorry for the watermarks! But I decided to only post these on my instagram for now. : )
Used the word Swift for this one and a calligraphy brush with some black watercolor.

cTHw6kZ.jpg

Last edited:
My theme is monsters LOL

Day 1:

89YX3km.jpg

So I asked Luffy if I could make art in Splatoon for Inktober since I have less than 0 artistic abilities (well maybe graphic design but that isn't relevant for this so nvm). He said yes and even though I was joking for the most part, I'm going to try and make something every day.
Screenshot_20170930_134031.png
With that out of the way, for Swift I decided to splat...
Swim Speed Up
20171001_020338.jpg

AxLjlp9.png

I didn't want to do any prompts so I just drew my oc. I hope I remember to do this all month lmao

This is why I cannot post stuff on my phone >_> Double post oof

Last edited:
22157515_119897238699367_8704852132836147200_n.jpg

Finished, I drew Iida from MHA cause he swift, can dash and disappears in a flash

Last edited:
IMG_20171001_125151_474.jpg
didn't follow a prompt, but this is my first year doing inktober (ノ?ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

Did #9 because I had limited options for pens. I found ONE of my microns and it's the super duper fine one... So it's a bit scribbly where I was trying to make the lines thicker, but it's ok by my standards. XD
6otE2Xv.jpg

Everyones day 1s Are wicked :D Cant wait to see more!

DAY 2: DIVIDED , POTIONS.....

good luck people

Last edited:
Still not doing mine in order because I'm waiting for my pens to get here. But at least I found my other colored pens so I was able to do some shading and stuff. Think it looks way better!
0cPQvmW.jpg

Last edited:
Probably not the classic interpretation of "potion", but I like how it turned out.

Prompt: Potion.
543 words.

The walls vibrated in time with the bass. I was drenched head to toe, and not even in my own sweat. I’d spent the past ten minutes under the arm of a hulking Russian man from Volgograd who perspired more in two dances than I would when running in a marathon. What I really needed was to rehydrate. What I wanted, however, was something strong enough to kill my memory of that bear of a man.

I take a seat and rap my fist against the Formica bar top, not that I expected the man to hear it. But as if he had supersonic hearing the bartender turned around at once, dropping his phone into the front pocket of his apron and striding over to my end of the bar.

His eyes shine bright under the fluorescent lights. “What can I get for you?”

“Straight vodka.”

“Not on the menu.”

“What sort of bar doesn’t serve vodka?”

“I am a mixologist, love.” The bartender breathes the word as if he’s just announced that he’s the King of England. “I only serve my own blends.”

“****ing trendy bars,” I mutter under my breath, “Alright, fine. I can play this game. Just give me anything with a high alcohol content.”

“Coming right up.”

The mixologist vanishes with a wink, plucking bottles from the shelf without hesitation. I watch him, entranced, more so by the way his muscles flex under his black silk shirt than by the flawless preparation of my drink.

“Viola!” A cotton candy concoction is set down in front of me. I can almost feel my teeth begin to rot at the mere sight of it. “Oh, wait one moment.”

I barely suppress a chuckle as a pink umbrella delicately slips into the glass. I take a sip, preparing myself for the worst. It’s not too sweet, actually, it’s even kind of nice. It has a light aftertaste that reminds me of summers spent eating jelly with my brother and sister on my grandmother’s porch.

“What’s in this?”

“Florence flannel, grande wormwood, green anise, fermented rice, rat intestines, unicorn hair, and the petals of the guelder rose flower.”

I gag instantly and try to mask it with a cough. “What the hell?”

“Oh, and a **** ton of pink food colouring.”

I set down the glass. “Rat intestines?”

“Oh, don’t worry, they aren’t fresh from the corpse - I would never put my customers at risk of infection.” The mixologist smiles and leans forward on the counter. “Bacteria has been removed through the process of boiling the intestines first.”

The hot pink drink makes my stomach churn and I feel the damp prick at my eyes as I try to suppress the urge to vomit. It takes all my willpower to hold it down as I look around for a bathroom.

“What’s the matter?” The mixologist grins, showcasing two perfect rows of shiny white teeth. “Not a fan of rat guts?”

After several fervent swallows I push the glass to one side. “Never mind. I’m not as thirsty as I thought.”

“Suit yourself.” The mixologist picks up the drink and downs it like a shot.

I swivel around on the stool and leave the strange man and his rat guts alone at the bar.

I spent my afternoon staining rat innards with haematoxylin and eosin and felt it lended itself to this prompt beautifully.

Last edited:
Idk why I thought of this but... split tongue??

OckjNYG.jpg

Last edited:
Back