• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you believe in aliens?

I actually just looked up how many planets were in the universe and it said 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 so that's 24 zeroes, trillion only has 12. 1,000,000,000,000 x 1,000,000,000,000= 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. So yeah it would be almost impossible not to have life. The chance of there being aliens is higher than the chance of the universe being created, and higher than the chance of you being born, both of which are very unlikely. There's probably trillions of habitable planets in our universe, and thousands in just our galaxy.

Aha, fair enough. I didn't straight look up the number of planets, I just created a (very, very, very low) estimate from the estimated number of galaxies and stars, using our solar's system's 8 planets as an average per star and went from there. I thought people might see how the chances of life not existing elsewhere decrease as you go up from planet to star to the galaxy to the universe. I mean there's evidence Mars once had water so that's 1/4 of our solar system having water, carrying that number over (using my 160 trillion), that's 40 trillion planets that have or once had water. Your 1x10^24 would have 2.5x10^23 (25 then 22 0s) with water. It's probably just because I do complex maths on an almost daily basis makes using these numbers show the odds as very real.

Like how charity adverts and stuff go '1/5 children are bullied' like that, saying 'There are estimated to be 250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets with water' makes it more real for the person reading/watching.

But enough about statistics: long story short is, I agree with you, aliens EXIST. :)

Last edited:
Aliens do attack humans. Aliens abduct, experiment, and study animals (which includes humans).

For some reason, I've always been a skeptic. I have a hunch that we really are all alone in this world.

Once again, there Could be aliens but what if we're the killer other-worlders? Just some food for thought

Back