• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animals you would never eat

Well my sense of logic is if an animal is already dead then why let it go to waste. If it was in a survival situation then I don't think I would have the luxury to turn down any form of food even if its a human corpse. (Its very morbid I know but its completely different under life or death situation)

I wouldn't eat monkeys, dogs, cats, humans, birds (except chicken, duck, turkey, and other common ones), and most rodents and trashy animals. I would and have eaten a lot of wild game though like venison and elk, and also rabbit, jackrabbit, squirrel, and a few others. When it comes to meat, as long as it won't make me sick or is from a nasty animal, I'm good. Some need cooked a certain way for me to even want to eat them, but otherwise I'm willing to eat most.

I would NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE eat a chicken.
No, I’m not vegan or vegetarian.
It’s because chickens make chicks, and to know that a chicken was once a chick, it hurts to eat it.
Because it reminds me of eating a chick. Awwwww.....

dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs,any otheranimal that's a common house pet, horses, and to that extent, humans

I would only eat turkey, chicken, cow, and pig

I hate seafood so that’s out of the question and I’m not very adventurous when it comes to food so I would never try anything else

I'm not a fan of most pork meat other than like bacon, so yeah that. And yeah I don't think I'd try like those "dare" foods like fugu blowfish and stuff.

However if you were in a pinch I'd guess anything not fish balls would do lol.

Any meat that isn't from chickens, turkeys, cows, or pigs is not okay with me. I don't even eat fish.

Um probably not dogs or anything super exotic. I don't intend to try meats outside of chicken, beef, turkey, fish, pork, maybe lamb the typical stuff. I like seafood a lot more.

I can't really think of any mammals I wouldn't give a go if given the opportunity, even if it's just "so I know". I would say maybe not felines just 'cos I love 'em, but I probably would give it a nibble if somebody threw some a plate in front of me and asked how Mr.Tiddles tastes.

Humans are animals too.

Including humans. I hear we taste like pork, I'm curious to whether or not that's true. Like, the movie about the plane crash in the snow (I think it's called 'Alive'?), if I was told "we're gonna have to eat Dave" I would be like "sure, I'll take a thigh".

Probably wouldn't say no to any poultry either.

Fish, reptiles, amphibians and insects I would be a lot more selective over. I couldn't imagine eating a Jellyfish, lizard, frog or snail.

idk i mean i think it is weird to eat certain animals (dogs, cats, lizards, insects, snakes ..) but that's because of cultural and social stuff. if i was offered snake meat i would definitely b like Yea No Thanks but that's just because of those social things and i think that i would be okay with eating stuff like snakes too, it'd just be weird at first

i would never eat humans or anything with long creepy legs like spiders or crabs (at least not with the legs still attatched ....) because that's gross

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I've eaten a couple animals that are considered a bit "stranger" to consume (from the social norm) when I was more adventurous in my youth. Some, I definitely wouldn't eat again because it's not worth it. I also wouldn't eat anything that can be dangerous/poisonous just for the fear factor, like puffer fish, which is a delicacy in japan, as well as anything endangered. For those who wouldn't eat insects though, I 10/10 recommend to try it at least once if you get the opportunity.. just close your eyes. It's just like eating chips! nom

Last edited:
Back