• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do You Love About Animal Crossing?

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Just curious, what do you love about the Animal Crossing games?;)

For me, it would have to be the fact that they allow me live in an alternative reality. When I'm playing the games, It feels almost as if the real world ceases to exist, and that the game is my reality. I can do what I what, can control the things that I want to control, etc.

I absolutely love the whole "second life" aspect of the game. I love the games so much, because I can just pretend that my problems in the real world don't exist.

So. . .What about y'all? What do you guys love about the Animal Crossing games?

The peace they bring me. New Leaf has been especially therapeutic in its designing potential and I've put hours into creating a soothing place. It's definitely like a second life.

These games have also been with me through everything the past 11 years - they're familiar and comfortable.

There are just no words... they each hold a special place in my heart.

The peace they bring me. New Leaf has been especially therapeutic in its designing potential and I've put hours into creating a soothing place. It's definitely like a second life.

These games have also been with me through everything the past 11 years - they're familiar and comfortable.

There are just no words... they each hold a special place in my heart.

Yes, I know. At times, I wish that I could actually just live in the Animal Crossing world.

Just think about it: No hate, no violence, and you get to run a cozy little town with cute animals. The worst thing that would happen is that a villager may get mad at you every now and then, but really it would be a very peaceful life.

Oh. . .if only :)

I love how relaxing it is. After a stressful day I like relaxing and playing animal crossing. I also really love interacting with the animals as they're usually friendly. Playing with other people is also very fun because you can see how they developed their town. It's just really peaceful in general.

I love how relaxing it is. After a stressful day I like relaxing and playing animal crossing. I also really love interacting with the animals as they're usually friendly. Playing with other people is also very fun because you can see how they developed their town. It's just really peaceful in general.

Yep :) It is very relaxing.

Also, lol when I visit other people's towns, it makes me realize how poorly developed mine is :(

Yep :) It is very relaxing.

Also, lol when I visit other people's towns, it makes me realize how poorly developed mine is :(

You don't have to develop it to anyone else's standards - as long as you're creating a tranquil place for yourself. There's no rush in this game :)

Definitely the escape!! I love coming home from a stressful day and just escaping into the game. I love the feel good vibes it gives and just makes my day!! Seriously can't wait for a switch version!!

The casualness. I'm a sucker for casual gameplay, and this game is absolutely perfect for me. Easy on the eyes, easy going. One of those games you can just grab for a few minutes if you're on a journey, or you need to unwind. It's also really fun to try and make your town beautiful and aesthetic.

Everything, really.

Last edited:
1. Nostalgia
2. The freedom to design your town and houses to your own extent
3. The fact that they added Splatoon items :)

I love how innocent and calming all of the animal crossing games are to play c: They're really easy to get lost in and are full of so much happiness and joy that they always cheer me up when I'm down or feeling unwell! I also really like that it's had a really big influence on my childhood, and that for the past 9 years it's always been a family thing that we've all played together <3

Oh gosh, I love everything about AC. Idek how to put it into words but I'll try
1. I love interacting with the villagers, that's always been my favourite aspect of the games
2. I love the music!
3. I love that you can just play at your own pace, no levels to beat or anything
4. I love fishing and bug catching (especially bug catching)
5. I love the holidays
6. I love building towns out of scratch
7. I love the overall feel of the game. It's just charming and magical and lovely and nostalgic and very very special.
There's more but that's all I can think of right now

I love the music, and how the weather changes. I love how the villagers can move in and out (if you let them). It's like running your own little world.

Oh my goodness, yeah. The music is so calming. I have a playlist that I created of relaxing music for when I need to study, sleep or focus on something, and there is so much AC music just littered in there. All of the music is so chilled and cute. I also kind of listened to the whole ACNL soundtrack in one sitting once.

I love...

- that you can build your own little town
- the music
- the characters (both villagers and NPCs)
- the variety the game has to offer
- the relaxation you can get while playing it (if there is not something that makes you angry)

Last edited:
I love the music, the caf?, the art style they used in the older games, the ability to design your own house, clothes, etc., the shops, nearly everything!

My favorite part would have to be the online multiplayer. It makes it feel like more than just a game, and you can trade items, go fishing together, and more! :)

i love how relaxed it is! you're able to play the game and develop your town and house at your own pace, which is nice since there's no fixed goal for everyone. there's so much potential with how your town can look and turn out. the villagers are adorable and the interactions between me and them are very, very cute! it's a really pretty game to me, too, since the art style is very simple and the colors are bright and easy on the eyes. it all comes together very well and makes it a game for virtually anyone to enjoy

I like how there are fun little events in town for different holidays throughout the year. It is also really cute when they celebrate birthdays. I also like how much you can customize your character and house. I usually make 2 or 3 different characters just so I can try out different furniture or room themes.

the music, the endless customization, the characters, just the raw creativity and whimsy of the game in general. it's such a charming, calm experience, like a home away from home

Back