Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
If you're (no offense) still in elementary/middle school and don't completely understand what physics is, here's the definition:
"Physics is the natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion and behavior through space and time, along with related concepts such as energy and force."​

Other definitions include "the use of really long and complicated equations to describe how a ball rolls" and simply "life" (courtesy of me).

I personally really enjoy studying physics. I'm actually majoring in astrophysics, so it'll be a big part of my future career. Pretty much everyone else I know either loathes it, or cannot comprehend it at all. I know from 4-5 weeks of experience that it just takes a lot of studying and dedication to become knowledgeable with it. It definitely takes practice. And yes, it is difficult, but since I enjoy it, it's no problem for me. I can't wait to start getting into upper level classes as I continue through my college career!

How do you feel about physics? Does it confuse you? Does it make you cringe? Does it make your mind go completely blank? Or are you a nerd like me and actually enjoy studying it? I want to know!

I'm bringing this up because I just took my physics midterm this morning and it was really easy for me and I'm super pumped about it! I need a high-five rn

I love physics too, much more than other sciences :) I got hooked on it in high school, in my second year of university now. I'm taking an Electromagnetism focused course and enjoying it so far.

Congrats on your midterm!

I'm bringing this up because I just took my physics midterm this morning and it was really easy for me and I'm super pumped about it! I need a high-five rn

gratulations! now calculate the coefficient of friction for our high five...

to your main question: physics makes me feel uncertain, principally.

but at least physics has given us one of the most epic rap battles of alltime:

i have to take a 150 hour physics course this year and im already dead. it's not even that complicated yet but lmaoo i uhhhh ?????? no thx .

I haven't really explored sciences, but this is a field I would totally go into.

Astrophysics actually sounds super fun, and I'll probably enter that into the fields I'm interested in.

i like space lol

I find this question interesting because I'm taking AP Physics ATM. I like the class for the most part but the material is pretty difficult.

I struggled with physics when I was a senior in high school. I think part of it was that senior-itis was setting in and I was just looking forward to GTFO of high school. If I have to take it again for college, I'll definitely use my resources and the teacher more.

Ugh physics is the bane of my existence lmao. Hated it every single second of it. I did well on the tests but struggled on the homework (ya I know who does this??? ?) and it was a class where homework actually accounted for a good portion of your grades ahahah hah the irony. :'))))))))))))) I much prefer chem and bio over physics.

I'm currently taking AP Physics and while it's ok, I'm not understanding the current chapter we're on, specifically velocity vectors :/ Maybe it has to do with the teacher (it's her first year teaching it at my school), but idk...

Never been a real big fan of sciences, but I'm alright at them. I especially do well on paleontology. I've always wanted to try biology.
I digress, though. I cannot even comprehend physics (although that's an assumption as I've never tried it). I've never been too good at maths, so that's where the root of my assumption is. Somehow -- miraculously -- I passed maths by 1% lol.

I'm currently taking AP Physics and while it's ok, I'm not understanding the current chapter we're on, specifically velocity vectors :/ Maybe it has to do with the teacher (it's her first year teaching it at my school), but idk...

Is it that you're having trouble algebraically adding vectors? I personally don't have trouble with it so you could ask me if you wanted to.

I hated physics class in secondary school because I just could not grasp it. It doesn't feel real to me, it's just like all these abstract concepts.. There doesn't seem to be a reason that things are a certain way, they just are. I definitely preferred chemistry and biology.

I hated physics class in secondary school because I just could not grasp it. It doesn't feel real to me, it's just like all these abstract concepts.. There doesn't seem to be a reason that things are a certain way, they just are. I definitely preferred chemistry and biology.
I can see from that perspective how it would seem confusing, but all of those concepts were discovered through many repeated experiments that proved to be successful. But they do seem abstract because there's so many components that have to be taken into consideration when doing physics equations.

As for your next statement.

It's funny how so many people like biology... I took bio my sophmore year of high school, and even though I could grasp the concept of it, I did not enjoy it at all. We went over species, genus, family, order, class, phylum, kingdom, taxonomy, zoology, and a bit of biochemistry and anatomy, and I just was not interested in any of it.

I took chemistry my junior year and I did really like it but I didn't think it would be interesting enough to be my fallback (since my primary profession is music and I wanted a fallback). But when I took physics my senior year of HS I was like, yep this is what I'm gonna do!
I became especially excited for it when I found out that I could study physics and astronomy together (cause outer space is freaking awesome) :D

I heard part of a fascinating interview tonight on the radio with, i thought they said, Princeton physics professor Freeman Dyson; but i havent been able to find it online...

- - - Post Merge - - -

woot- here it is, i'll hve to go bck and read the whole thing:

http://nautil.us/issue/43/heroes/my-life-with-the-physics-dream-team

the radio show link is here:

https://www.ttbook.org/search/node/dyson

- - - Post Merge - - -

woot- here it is, i'll hve to go bck and read the whole thing:

http://nautil.us/issue/43/heroes/my-life-with-the-physics-dream-team

the radio show link is here:

https://www.ttbook.org/search/node/dyson

It's my least favorite science offered in my course. (Others being Chemistry, Biology, and Environmental Science). During freshman year we were required to pick 2 out of the 4 sciences, and I ended up taking Physics because the slots for all the other sciences were already full. Got an underwhelming final score because of that (C+).

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually much prefer Biology because I'm better at memorizing things than working with numbers.

I've always been great at math, but never enjoyed it, so it's not for me. I think some of the experiments and stuff that you get to do in physics classes seem cool but beyond that, and the math behind it and stuff, meh not my jam.

I never actually studied physics.

Someone here is lucky..

Tbh I think it's very unnecessary unless you need to pursue it for further education so yeah unless you do need it you shouldn't be forced to learn more than like, basics things I don't know.

Back