Plum Blossom
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Fortune Cookie
Blue Holiday Candle
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Red Holiday Candle
Quirky Doll
Weird Doll
Shortly after the Miiverse closure announcement, Nintendo has put a notice on the Wii Shop Channel, saying it will be shut down on January 30th, 2019. You will no longer be able to add funds/points after March 25th, 2018.

Thoughts?

Kind of sad how fast everything is closing down, I was considering getting a Wii just so we can play the few games I miss off of it, and since they're so cheap these days. At least I'd still be able to get physical games, but who knows how long the internet will work for connecting online. Especially since I want to get Guitar Hero and stuff.. :/

I was surprised to even see it was still available when I unboxed my Wii to play the old Animal Crossing games last year.

I had 500 Wii points left over on my account so I got Chrono Trigger. ;)

I honestly thought it was already shutdown, the weather channel and other WiFi apps stopped working years ago.

oh damn, really? i thought it was shut down along with nintendo wifi connection. that sorta sucks, since there's some games on there you can't get without a nintendo 64 or an emulator. to be honest though i'm probably just looking at it from a nostalgic point of view since it's not of much worth nowadays

Last edited:
Nintendo is shutting everything down :(. We don't even have much on the switch yet so why is this neceserry.

Lame, at least it's quite a ways off. I still have time to pointlessly re-purchase N64 games I still own just so I can play them on Wii-U.

Removing the Wii Shop will limit access to games we've already purchased. Eventually, you won't be able to re-download games, so you won't be able to play any that aren't saved to your system or an SD card. And then just hope your SD card doesn't go bad, because then you'll really be out of luck. This is one reason I'll always prefer physical games over digital games.

I'll have to go through and make sure all of my games are accessible before this happens.

Lol I thought they got rid of all the services on the Wii....its still open? Didn't they get rid of online gameplay 3 years ago?

Wait....
They shut down the WiFi connection like 3 years ago (should've seen my face,I was sad)
Was that only the DS? I'm confused (as ways)

Hoping I'll be able to get a new Wii (that isn't bricked) and download Netflix on it before it shuts down.

I hated the point system they used on there. I have had 200 points on my Wii for like 6 years and I can't spend them on anything.

man, that's unfortunate. i really hope the 3DS and its features doesn't get discontinued for a LONG time. there are plenty of people that still play it, and i plan on still playing it in the future.

Last edited:
Back