• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

how did you choose your names?

_carr0t

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
town: lathbury, after a city in a book series i love called the land of elyon
mayor: caroline, after me!!

what about you? i'm interested to hear what everyone's townspiration is. c:

Well, Cascades was my Animal crossing gamecube town's name and Gail is an abbreviation of my name.

Fairview was just from a freeway sign on my way home.
If characters count, they're all Splatoon related :3

I've been using the name Haventon for my towns since WW, it just sounds nice for a town.

I just named my mayor after me. As for my side characters, I'm kind of just picking names I like I guess?

I just chose a random thing that sounded good. My town's name is Amor and my mayor's name is just my real name. In the past I've also used a random letter generator.

my town name is a place in iceland, and my character names are after me and scully from the x files lmao

To be honest I didn't really know what to name my town LOL. So I just randomly picked Spring?? I actually really like the name Serene so I ended up giving it to my 2nd town since I can't change my 1st. :'))) But Spring is fine too aha. My mayor is Ahreum just cause I like that name as well (it's like a very girly name in Korea). My 2nd char is a nickname and also my screen name. My 3rd is Miyuki, which is based off another screen name I used in other places (originally it's supposed to be milky (miruki in Japanese) but I figured Miyuki is a prettier name). :)

Tiki is my mayor's name. It comes from my username, which is also my artist alias. Ichigo, my town name, comes from the Japanese word for "strawberry." The names are a reference to my company name, "StrawberryTiki."

Actually, fun fact, I named my town Ichigo because "Strawberry" wouldn't fit, lol.

Last edited:
my town name is mogeko because i made it last year when i was super into it and i couldn't think of anything better, tbh i'd totally rename it if i could.
i just use my own name for the mayor and i don't have any side characters since it's not really my thing :/

My mayor is just my nickname. My town name I thought just sounded cute but it did have a concept behind it that I didn't end up following in the end.

Town name: Bluebell - named for a flower I love.
Mayor name: Berry - my childhood nickname.

Mayor name: Kayla (my real name, naming myself something else would bother me later lol)
Town name: New Leaf

I knew New Leaf is generic and not interesting, but it takes me a long time to come up with usernames/town names or whatever, because I'm a serial reseter (like on my old phone, I would factory reset it almost every week with a new email because I accidentally did something it and bothered)

but I could come up with anything good so I settled with that because I knew that would be a name I wouldn't regret

Town name is Red Oak which is what I tend to use in city builder games so I just kind of rolled with it.
Bryn is my mayor and its just a name that I like. Short for Brynja. I like nordic names. If I make side characters they will either be named after my pets or after musicians I like.

My town is named The Void because I'm super into space and wanted a spacey sounding name. I thought it sounded cool when Rover said "You're moving to The Void?" and my mayor's name is just my own because I'm unoriginal and didn't think of naming him anything else haha

Last edited:
Pinely sounded pretty for a forest, and Fern seemed to also fit that cliche forest type. Lol.
Novellae was the name of a Justinian law book that I studied, and I thought it fit well for a town name. As for Novellae?s characters, Juniper, Lilac, Zinnia, and Peony, they?re all flower-themed names that fit different town themes. (Juniper for the forest part, Lilac for the pastel part, etc...)

i named my town 'nexus' after the area in a game called yume nikki, but i really like the overall meaning of the word tbh. i think it's fitting for a town name.

My town name is Titanic so I choose the names Rose for the mayor and Jack for my second character.

My town is named Coralia and I'm pretty sure I was inspired by the anime Eureka Seven lol.

My mayor's name Michan was one of my old nicknames!

Town name: Meadow
Mayor: Rose (after flower)
then Poppy and Lily sticking to the Meadow theme.

Back