• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

how did you choose your names?

First town: Beyond, after a line from a song ("Let's go to the Land of Beyond")
Mayor Lily after a nickname someone used to call me

Second town: Hamilton, after the musical
Mayor Emilia after a different nickname someone calls me :p

Town was gonna be Shark Town but that wouldn't fit so became Red Town instead (I've grown to like Red Town more anyway)
Mayor name is Zane lol self explanatory.. side character 1 is Jack, which is the name I used to name all my characters in video games for some reason idk I really liked it, so I used it again as a little throwback. side character 2 is Eska which is just a name I saw a guy have on a random tv show one time and I liked it.

I wanted my town to be Finnish forest/ campground themed so I named my town Ahma (finnish for "wolverine" - because I'm slightly obsessed with said animal) and my first character Oliver. It's a pretty neutral and not very "out-there" name but I figured it fits pretty well. Second character is Pekka, which is Finnish for "stone". I thought it just sounded nice.
If I should ever need another one for storing QR codes, I'll most likely name him J?rvi, lake.

I'm a fan of Legend of Zelda, but plenty of fans have already chosen Hyrule or Termina, so I picked Koholint from Link's Awakening, which is less well known. And I stuck with my own name for my mayor

My very first town (aka private town) was inspired by a desired to have a rainy/misty/foggy summer town thus Rainacre.

My second town Sunspire, which will be publicly shared, was named after the beginner spawning zone in WoW for Blood Elves.

I get out google maps and start searching for something that sounds nice and fits the character limit. My towns are called Rosedale, which was part of a street name, and Sefton, named after a shopping centre in my area that used to have good hotdogs.. My third town is called Etude, because it's a pink themed town and Etude house, the korean cosmetic brand was pretty much the only thing I could think of at the time.

My town is called Mossdeep, because I was playing through Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire at the time and liked the name 'Mossdeep.'

I named my character my name in real life. My side character is named Maisy after our cat. She's dressed as a cat too. :)

Bunifrey: My hubby made it up. It's a combination of Gallifrey and Bun Bun, our bunny that crossed the Rainbow Bridge. My mayor name is Arlione, which was a throwback to my days playing Star Wars: The Old Republic; it was the name of my bounty Hunter.

My town name is Sloom, which means light sleep, and I'm hoping to make it a sleepy galaxy aesthetic. Honestly I just love stars and galaxies. Only for the aesthetics though, like I don't care about science.

And I named my mayor after me *yawn*

For my first town, I named it Plum Bay because I wanted it to be two words, and that was the first name that sounded cool to me. My mayor just has my name. I'm working on a second sort of "downtown"/city-vibe town. I wanted to name it Promenade, but that's one letter too long, so I went with the street-name theme and named it Junction instead. I'm debating whether to keep my mayor as myself or to make a cool character of some kind.

My town is Mistonne because it sounded somewhat pretty and unique. I may change it later though, as it doesn?t really fit my pastel theme. If I reset and rename, it?ll be Pastele because that also sounds fancy but fits my theme. ^^

Back