• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does your family know about the forums?

My mom knows, she's seen me scavenging the house for stuff for the fair lol. Also my sister has an account on here but she hasn't been on in like a year.

No one knows except my boyfriend (he counts of course as family for me :p)
He likes that I have a website where I can talk a bit with other people,
since he knows that I don't have a single person in reallife to talk to, except him..
but he is often the weekdays not here, because of his work (also not at night).
And well, he bought me a new DS, when my old one broke, because he knew that
Animal Crossing helps me a lot fighting my depressions /aggressiv behaviour <:

My parents know, but they don't really care too much since they know I won't do anything stupid, and I haven't told any of my friends; they probably wouldn't want to see what I post :,D

My family knows I play because they bought me my first game when I was 4 n.n I use to non-stop blab about it back then. They also know I play NL on and off and my parents know about the forums and understand it because I explained and showed it to them. They trust me with a lot of stuff like not giving out personal information.

My brother knows about TBT--after all, he was the one who introduced me to the site back in June of 2011.

My mom and dad don't know about this site, but then again they don't know about a lot of forums and websites I'm a member of. They don't even know about Miiverse! They were pretty trusting of me so they didn't really worry about it.

I found this site by myself in January of 2009 and told my sister about it when City Folk was very popular. I was still the only one who has been using the forums. My coworkers see me on TBT and one of them asked me, 'Oh are you a tutor for kids?'

I guess they thought the forums was a website where I can tutor kids kinda like care.com where you sign up to be a nanny and get matched with clients. haha

I don't hide it from anyone but it is not something I talk about willingly unless I meet another AC fan (which is the majority of you all here anyways, so)

Yeah, and they don't really like it because of all of the political bull****e in Brewster's. I don't blame them to be honest, but I do kinda miss all the fun drama.

My family doesn't know. Mainly because it's awkward to explain. Oh well. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong. I'm a legal adult ?\_(ツ)_/?

my mom is semi-aware of animal crossing, but has no idea about the forums, and i'd like to keep it that way. otherwise, she'll have a fit and give me a lecture LOL even though im old enough to be responsible and to begin with, this is a forum for a game marketed to kids

yeah they know but its none of their ****ing business
(although they did go trhough and read all my vms one time, hence why my profile is locked to friends only LOL)

Yes. Both my sister and brother joined, my sister actually used it for a while, although she isn't active anymore, and my brother just made an account. My other sister is still too young and likely has no interest, although she does play AC.

"TBT isn't real." - my parents every time I work my ass off and pull all nighters helping to plan events.

Last edited:
LMAO MY PARENTS DON'T KNOW AND THEY DON'T CARE END STORY! every time i'm online i just say i'm "hanging out with friends or talking with friends"

I don’t live with my parents anymore, lol.
But if my parents went through all my posts that I did in The Cellar, they’d be a bit mad.
I mean, if they asked what I was doing, I’d say I’m playing Mafia, something I do a lot on here.
They’d understand because it was a very popular traditional game back then for us.
But trust me, if you read my ranting posts in there, then x_x.

Yeah, none of my family are game savy, they basically know I draw art for people on the forums and get items in game by talking to people online. My mam really likes the look of animal crossing, we both love cute things, but the only game she can play is mariokart :p (she plays luigi)

they've probably seen me on it but they never really ask about these things
all of them have played animal crossing at one point or another though

Back