• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Ness' "I'm a Cop YOU IDIOT" - Town Wins

@dolby ok, but what other reasons are u putting kirby ?s sus other than his townreading of me?

@dolby ok, but what other reasons are u putting kirby ?s sus other than his townreading of me?

His recent reactions to Toads. Toads comment on the kill felt off as waffles, purely off the night discussion, was most towny to everyone, and he himself notes that (and the hardclaim). But Kirby's line of questioning just feels weird. I currently have Toads>Kirby in scumminess rn, and I can better explain later

- - - Post Merge - - -

To clarify, I have a Toads/Bowie team as more likely than you/Kirby

Thanks for answering Dolbs, now I have u as more confident town. What are the odds that toads is scum again tho, it's like he's a magnet for it.

Anyway I'm leaning more on chick than bowie for now.

Chick

Kirby

Seroja

Toadsworthy

Dolby

Dolby is acting like his typical Townie self, so he's the only one I'd say I feel concrete about right now.

Chick/Kirby is where I stand most right now, but there's not been enough substance for me to base my judgements on.

And I'm going back to bed. Dolby if you're rly concerned about not hitting maj, I think u should unvote for now.

Ok, I'm here again, and this is probably the last that I'm going to post today. As I'm writing this, I intend to spend half an hour on this, and studying for the rest of the night. A few things before I get into it, Toads/Kirby isn't a feasible combination. I'm putting Chick as null for now, as I was looking at the data I had then, and honestly waffles and Chick looked the best. Not going in any order really, just what I feel is feasible and pertinant

Now let's get down to the grit of this, and omg I'm going to do so awful this game. At this time, I'm pretty sus of Bowie, though I'm worried that I'm attacking somebody who just isn't used to playing (iirc, he hasn't played in like 3 months). Because Bowie's first real post is almost a carbon copy of the strategy that Evan used last game, which was to go after people unable to defend themselves.

Hi! I'm alive. Was handling some chores.

I kind of think Chick is just gonna use her illness as an excuse to blend in with Town, personally. I'm also a little concerned about how active Kirby is. Anxious scum, maybe?

Right now I'm swaying more towards lynching Kirby, but I'll keep my options open.
Feel remarkably similar to this
Well this game started at 2am for me, and I didn't notice anything until 6:30 while getting ready for clinic and then I was reading post by post while driving to clinic. So here I am, and slow your roll.

Its hard to assume balance in games like these, so I'm not. It going to jump and say one is def Dolby or Seroja and then one in.... the others. Not to mention I remember a convo with ness after BOtW where we talked about how I didn't follow normal experience balance guidelines. And yeah Kirby you are likely to be right when you guess almost half the list to be scum. Chick's reaction and posts so far are weird. Kirby feels odd. And waffles seems helpful and meme-y which leads me to think they are town

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not going to jump and say*
Now the trouble here is if Bowie is maf here, than who's he scum with. This is where I run into problems, because honestly, who else would be scum with Bowie? Obviously not me(I'm town duh), Chick, or Kirby. I would say Toads or Seroja, with more of an emphasis on the later as it appears that Bowie would be using Toads as a pocket and a basis for his reads in the situation in which he's scum. So Bowie/Seroja is definetely possible.

Now what's bugging me about Seroja is that she pretty much avoided taking a stance on anybody except for me in her reads post here
lol I couldn't go back to sleep and reread the thread. what i want to know is if waffles had the idea to bait claim,why didnt she protect herself? hmmm

Ok thoughts!

Chick- i dont know how she played as scum from whichever last game that dolby mentioned, but i dont like how she's being townread (by dolby) based on difference in meta. she was coasty in sk madness so I won't overlook it this time.

toads- has been consistently antitown for too many games in a row that i rly hv forgotten how he plays as town lmao. but anyway, he said that the waffle kill made no sense, and iirc he'd always claimed the kills make no sense as mafia. a dumb reasoning for now, but I can usually tell when toads' scum later on anyway.

bowie- hm i don't know how to read him so null. so far he has a pretty nonchalant tone, somewhat like what I remember of his town self but idk

dolby- appears to be his usual town self. hmmmm I don't get any bad vibes from him so far. I have a question though, if I am town, then who else could be Kirby's partner?

Kirby- funny how u townread me based on that one sentence. how are u so sure I wasn't being sarcastic? regardless, his playstyle right now reminds me of bianca's game (the one u hv to escape in a car). but I'll keep my eyes on u.

if I hv to choose a scum team, I'd say chick/toads. this is subject to change.

She pretty much contrasts every good point, with one against each person to end up nulling them. For example, not being comfortable with Chick being townread by me. And ending up townreading Kirby, while being caustious about him. Though this could easily just be a playstyle thing, but I kinda remember Seroja being less ambiguous on where she stood with the players.

Another thing which bothered me is that Kirby more easily saw Seroja as town than Chick
Dolby feels town to me. Think he would prob be more lurky and try to not reply to every post if he's mafia and the lack of him asking questions.

Looking at Chick's last game she does put sus on someone very early but don't see it right now.

Seroja, I still think you're town based on how you said you got your favorite role. This is mostly on a gut feeling.

Leaning Toads as scum because he usually puts lots of eforrt at beginning of games start but don't see that.

Bowie, I'm not sure.
But IDK, I'm pretty much dead rn and spent 10 minutes looking through 3 of Seroja's post filters since I haven't played a large game where we were the same faction since something like last year

Teams that don't work
Kirby/Toads
Toads/Chick
Bowie/pretty much everyone

Ok, I'm not going to let Kirby's flawed case get on my nerves anymore. I let it piss me off too far and I don't want to be like that anymore. So here is my thoughts on the game so far.

Kirby - Kirby's case on me is pitiful. He was a hypocrite about things and when I questioned him, and pointed out how it didn't make sense, he just tried to say I'm sus for another dumb reason. He is tunneling me so hard while also trying so hard to look town its really bad. He voted almost instantly after Dolby did for no lynch, it seemed desperate to be town.

Bowie - the continual saying that you can't make reads shows lack of effort. If you don't have an opinion on me by now at least, i don't know whats wrong with you. Looks like you are coasting and not even trying to conceal it. There is one thing that keeps me from thinking you are more sus than kirby, but we will shall see.

Seroja - you are doing the best job of genuine questioning and scum hunting. I always say it, but if you are scum, then you will def win.

Dolby - its dangerous to trust dolby. His posts have considerably less content than the past games like bunker hill and Kirby's mini game, so it feels like he is trying to be less vocal, yet jumping to the same types of conclusions like putting "teams" together, even though I don't think that gives his analysis-less reads anymore credibility. But it is working.

Chick - similar to bowie, they aren't posting as much. Their posts are emotional and could be used to go pretty far... however I can totally understand that you are tired/sick with what I've heard before this game

- - - Post Merge - - -

ninja'd lol, less content lemme read your post

@Toads it wasn't even a case on you.

Bowie does seem very lurky like newbie scum. IDK how he plays as scum but does feel off to me from his town game.

Bowie does seem very lurky like newbie scum. IDK how he plays as scum but does feel off to me from his town game.

lol, you tunneled me hard like it was a case.... what do you make about my point showing how hypocritical your attack on me was?

do you have a scum lock on me Toads based on that post you made about me?

I mean you are making baseless, illogical reads in attempt to make me look bad... and not taking ownership for my rebuttal, so yeah. You are scum read #1

Literally link Bowie and Seroja
Talks about only Bowie
Yeah, changing my top sus from Bowie/Toads to Kirby/Seroja. This shift in focus seems a lot like a pocket and protecting a scummate
Also##Unvote real quick

I still think a no lynch is best idea... odds are in our favor for cop getting some sort of scum read on someone, and scum not killing said cop

I still think a no lynch is best idea... odds are in our favor for cop getting some sort of scum read on someone, and scum not killing said cop

Oh, I definitely agree, just worried that someone would come in and accidentally maj it cutting down our discussion time

Literally link Bowie and Seroja
Talks about only Bowie
Yeah, changing my top sus from Bowie/Toads to Kirby/Seroja. This shift in focus seems a lot like a pocket and protecting a scummate
Also##Unvote real quick

what you mean by me only talking about Bowie? I been talking about Toads as well.

Good morning guys.
Gonna take a fancy hospital shower real quick, be right back.
Just to let you know, my Scumleans are Bowie & Seroja.
I promise I’ll explain in a detailed reads post.

what you mean by me only talking about Bowie? I been talking about Toads as well.

Yes, you were talking about Toads as well, but the fact that of the two others who I brought up, it's telling that you focused on Bowie. Especially when I'm already focusing on you and Seroja as a possible team

Back