• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Re-release of New Leaf!

will.

poke it out
Bells
Yellow Star Fragment
の
Star Glow Wand
の
Yellow Feather
I got a Switch yesterday!! And I've been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild alllllll day but what I really want is a re-release of New Leaf while they make a new game for the Switch. If you're gonna keep us waiting, can't you please give us something to do? (I'm also very very very excited for Super Mario Odyssey because it's the first open-world mario game since Sunshine.)

I would buy ACNL for the Switch. I prefer to play games on the TV and would love to catch a scorpion on the big screen TV.

Very excited for Super Mario Odyssey. It's paid for and all I need to do is pick it up. They have a countdown clock at the local gaming store with a TV showing the game. Listened to the song while waiting in line.

I can’t wait for the first (real) HD Animal Crossing game but if they rerelease New Leaf again I’d be so disappointed lol we’re going to get our Animal Crossing fix very soon with the mobile app. So let’s not give Nintendo any crazy ideas

Would much rather a new game than a re-release. I love this series dearly, but from sequel to sequel very little changes anyway...a re-release would be a big bummer

Mobile should be coming out soon. It may be a bit of a wait, but I'm excited to see what they do with it.

No more Ports please... I prefer wait and get something new instead of getting a remake of New Leaf, no matter how much i like ACNL.

Last edited:
I personally enjoy AC on ds rather than a screen.
I've always hated playing games on my tv.
It just feels not right.

I can see why people would enjoy being able to play on the Switch, but if they had to make a port of NL, that'd consume time, money, and energy that I'd much rather they spend on actually creating a new Animal Crossing game for the Switch.

I got a Switch yesterday!! And I've been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild alllllll day but what I really want is a re-release of New Leaf while they make a new game for the Switch. If you're gonna keep us waiting, can't you please give us something to do? (I'm also very very very excited for Super Mario Odyssey because it's the first open-world mario game since Sunshine.)

Pleaasssse nooo more rereleases.. I don't want a 3rd release of sma4h... I don't want our only chance of getting a new ac ruined by a rerelease...

I hope it will be a whole new game . Maybe a mixture of New Leaf and HHD and of course new things.

Rather than a re-release on switch it would probably just be a new AC game and title. A re-release would be a let down in my opinion. ACNL already got its update and that was the Welcome Amiibo update. I would actually love if they did more updates/patches with added content and material but that's highly unlikely.

Yeah, a re-release feels like an excuse to take even more time on the game, so I don't think we need that, most of us still play it on 3DS anyways.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rather than a re-release on switch it would probably just be a new AC game and title. A re-release would be a let down in my opinion. ACNL already got its update and that was the Welcome Amiibo update. I would actually love if they did more updates/patches with added content and material but that's highly unlikely.

Still holding out for a Pokemon crossover with pokemon themed villagers and poke-items... it's never going to happen but a girl can dream!

As much as I would love New Leaf for Switch, I'd honestly rather have Nintendo spending their time on new games to release like animal crossing switch, etc. I probably wouldn't buy it unless there were major differences from New Leaf for 3ds because switch games are expensive enough that I don't wanna just shell out $60 for the same game that I've already had for 4 years lol. Besides, playing and replaying Breath of the Wild should keep us all occupied until Animal Crossing switch right?? ;)

I personally enjoy AC on ds rather than a screen.
I've always hated playing games on my tv.
It just feels not right.

Same! While I love the quality you get from a TV, I love more being able to bring my game with me anywhere.

Hahaha ok... Turns out nobody really wants a new leaf rerelease and I guess I can see why. I guess I didn't explain. I've only had New Leaf for a couple moths and so I guess I just wanted the Switch to be my all-above console that does everything a 3ds can do... But I don't want the 3ds to expire because I love it lol...

Back