How do you decorate the biggest size room?

xoxobreann

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I upgraded my main room to its full size, and I just can't make it look nice D: how do you guys handle so much space? Would love to get some ideas!

i made my main room into an art classroom for my town residents- it has its own easel cluster, still-life sketching table, paintbrush washing station, and waiting area. it's very planty and is filled with house plants as well, so that helps fill up space :')

if you're feeling like you have too much room, i recommend thinking of public areas you could turn that room into- classrooms and clothing stores and restaurants always end up taking a lot of space, and it adds a cute lil spot in your town :)

hope that helped some! :')

Also, try to use symmetry if you like it/or if you feel it?s the best for your room in general, I made my greenhouse completely simmetrical, using doubles of the same item (different versions, like, one is refurbished and the other not) and placing them in opposite sides of the room could also work, too. Try different stuff with different furniture that you think fits the theme you?re going for and see what suits you best, though!

Whole set, matching pieces, good lighting, table and either chair or couch in the middle = profit

I use tables and couches to block off little 'sub-rooms' in the big room. I always have an 'office nook', a 'TV nook', and so on!

Designing little nooks in each corner is a great way to fill up space. You can have as much as 2x2 in at least 2 corners to put a big table, corner kitchen, or even a lounge area. You can use the book cases to create actual blocked off nooks too. The trick for making a room that big look nice though is definitely using different varieties of furniture sizes. So not only 1x1 and 2x1 but some of the bigger items too.

Think of a specific theme that you really want to make. Don't fall into the habit of using 'series' rooms just for the sake of maximizing the spaces. Try to mix and match. If you already have a theme in mind, think of the stuff you're going to use or things that would fit the theme then go to your catalog and reorder them. Doesn't matter if you end up not using everything as long as you got all you needed (you can just sell the furniture/items if they aren't rare). It can be somewhat a bit overwhelming looking at the huge empty space at the beginning but I usually start decorating on the center then go clockwise putting stuff in the corners. The table would look better if you put stuff/things on top of it. Also, don't forget to put something on the wall. I've seen a lot of neatly designed rooms but I think they would look perfect if they put food items on the dining table and a sconce or flower pot on the wall.

Goodluck :)

Here are a few of my rooms to give you an idea:

29MABMm.png

ruLLP9i.png

CuxrYjo.png

6RLNUjw.png

A3mLwjv.png

Breaking up the room into small "sections" helps a bunch I find. For example, in my upstairs bedroom, I have the sleeping area, a gaming/TV spot, a sitting place in the middle, and a few extra pieces that simply look nice in the room scattered about. Having a specific idea for the room helps a ton, as well as tacking a theme to it. My whole Mayor's house is pastel/cutesy. My second character's home is Enchanted Forest themed. My third character's house is a Bakery, a public spot for everyone with a lone room reserved for the Baker (I like having small "businesses"). My last house will probably be a school of some sort with rooms dedicated to a classroom, lunchroom, library, and gym possibly! :D

Back