• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Interest Check- Inktober 2017!

Yuzu

Genji's Biggest Fangirl
Bells
Switch
2907-9369-4580
Ruby
New Leaf Token
October Birthstone (Opal)
Hey all my creative peoples!

In case you didn't see, the official prompt for Inktober got released (here)

For anyone who doesn't know what Inktober is, it's basically a 31-day drawing challenge for artists everywhere to do an ink drawing each day based on a random word. The point or goal of this is simply for self-improvement and to get into the good habit of practicing every day!

Last year I attempted to do it but fell through in like the first week. ): So this year two of my friends and I are going to do it together to try and help one another stay on top of it. I thought this thread could also be a fun and motivational place for anyone who wants to try this and post their drawings!

Would anyone be interested? :D

qyXKq1P.png"

Last edited:
I always wanted to do it, but I'm not ready yet ;_; I just got my tablet so I've been practicing a lot with it and I don't feel comfortable with it enough to draw one thing a day for a month, lol
I hope to do it next year when I've gotten practice and can draw faster! That said I'll keep an eye of this thread cause I'd love to see what people do ^^
(sorry, this post was kinda useless)

im not doing the promptlist this year, but im definitely doing it again!

Never done Inktober before but I am interested in Goretober (need to practice drawing gore more!) I tend to doodle pretty much everyday but the Inktober promptlist doesn't interest me too much (I also don't like following prompts in order... I'll just draw what I feel like;; ) o)--(

I have no idea what Inktober. All I can think of is Splatoon lol

Never done Inktober before but I am interested in Goretober (need to practice drawing gore more!) I tend to doodle pretty much everyday but the Inktober promptlist doesn't interest me too much (I also don't like following prompts in order... I'll just draw what I feel like;; ) o)--(

It's truee. sometimes you just have to draw when the inspiration hits.
Personally I like guidelines and being told what to do or else I just get lazy.

Im gonna try and do it but pokemon/cartoon themed. Ill probs fail tho

Not feeling the prompts by jake parker but may attempt to do this with something more horror themed.

I love inktober!!!
Idk if I'll follow the prompts or not, tho, I didn't last year

we'll just see how it goes lol

This is my first time seeing this and I’ll attempt to do it, though I'd probably fail. Lol.
I haven’t done traditional drawings in a while, and I think I’m going to follow (some) of the prompts.
Otherwise, I’d just draw what I feel like drawing.
There’s only a few more days until the month comes, and meanwhile, I’ll, be looking for a black pen.
Yay. C:

Ohhh I did Inktober up to halfway last year! Had to drop it afterwards since I was too busy with life;;
I'm not interested in the official prompts but I found some other ones that might be fun, so I guess I'll be going with those!

Yeah I'm curious what other prompts there are or what y'all end up doing. : )
I guess the prompts are meant to be more like a vague starting point for you to rift off of.

I think this year I have a choice between a calligraphy brushpen, a nib, and sumi ink. I wish i had those prisma markers that are colorful. D: I guess could always color it digitally.

I want to try it this year! I'm not sure if I'll stick to it but I'll try. I don't want to use the prompts though

Back