• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Neat Webpage I Found

Thievius Raccoonus

The True Master Thief
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not. However, I have found a website a month or two ago that allows you to upload an image and then it'll convert it to work within the rules of ACNL. It seems to be working pretty nicely with most things (see IG picture). The main issue I have is the fact you can't mark where you are on the page. Either way, here it is: https://app.hayu.io/tobimy/

DKod8vHUEAE9XwZ.jpg
Sorry it is/was nighttime when I decided to share this site.​

Hmm, this could possibly have some interesting uses for paths! I wonder if you could get a picture of grass and upload it to look like real grass in your town, or other such things for landscaping. ^^

Yeah, it's pretty cool.
ea5cdbe4-82fd-436a-994f-329dfd459250.jpg

I used it to make this image of the only squirrel that isn't back in the game. I made other things with it including a big one that took like 9 pattern slots and a couple of days to make.

I had NOT tried it with real world pictures, but the four you see in the screenshot are things I have made using the website.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yikes! 9 slots! That is impressive, but I don't have much patience to do more than a single picture. However, I do like that the webpage allows you to do Pro Design segments (such as dresses and/or sleeves)

Ooh, I actualy think this'd be a cool way of being able to edit other people's designs. It's kind of annoying when you can't just make small edits to other people's designs, and this would make them much easier to copy. I also like doodle's idea of making a path out of it.

Also, yeah this is the right place to post, man

I've used that before, it gets so detailed and it takes me so long to copy the design, I wish it made a qr code for it. There's another tool like that and it makes qr codes for the design http://thulinma.com/acnl

Last edited:
The program is very useful for reproducing more realistic things like what Accfsally said. You could even make your own cobblestone design because getting the nuances of that brick and grass shading can be a little annoying... and the colour picker is also very helpful and saves hours of trial and error. That being said I don't advocate straight up scanning someone else's QR path design and editing it to their liking just because they don't have an alternate grass colour or whatever for it.

I've used the site a lot to create covers of my favourite albums and huge realistic pictures (by creating a bunch of patterns and putting them together). Yep, it's pretty great!

I've used that before, it gets so detailed and it takes me so long to copy the design, I wish it made a qr code for it. There's another tool like that and it makes qr codes for the design http://thulinma.com/acnl

Thank you for sharing this; I completely forgot it was a thing! I wish it put as much detail into the design as the site mentioned in the OP, but I'm definitely going to use it until I have time to copy my results from the other one.

The QR code is all well and good, but if you want to then turn around and want to make edits, share, or the like that site doesn't really help you much, since it'll more than likely already be considered "somebody else's" as far as the game is concerned.

I remember I used one once, but I'm pretty sure this one will process the colours better.

that's so cool omg?? i did some test runs and i really gotta use this sometime

Back