• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon What city/country would you like to see the 8th gen based on?

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
As Pokemon's regions were based after real world locations, the last three generations were based on regions outside Japan. There was New York (Unova), Paris (Kalos), and Hawaii (Alola). What country would you like the next one based after?

i think india or indonesia would be really cool countries to base some of the games off of tbh.

If there's any country I would like to see a Pokemon region based on, it would be Russia. Since I am a huge fan of ice pokemon, an icy region wouldn't be so bad. And while we see more ice pokemon, we could also see a glowing tetris pokemon, a matryoshka pokemon, and fur coats as character customization options. Russia is also where the Nutcracker Suite is composed, so maybe some pokemon based on what the Nutcracker Suite is based on.

Definitely Arlen Texas. I'd like to see that pokemon trainer try to tell Hank that his Charizard's flaming tail doesn't run on propane or something asinine like that.

I would actually like a region based on Greece. Like maybe someplace like Santorini would be cool, with all the houses having blue, white and beige (And no, Sootopolis in Japanese-based Hoenn doesn't count). It would be so cool to have Pokemon based off Greek Mythology, like Medusa, Pegasus (Rapidash Regional Variant?), Chimera, Cerberus, etc. There are so many unique things that could be done with Greece, it would be awesome.

This is something I was thinking about the other day. The answer is to go back to Japan. Four true regions were created based on regions in Japan in the main series games and there is always so much more potential there. We've had some nice time exploring, it's time to go home. There's a certain unity to any pre-Gen 5 Pokemon design and I wonder if the connection is part of the reason.

I'd actually really like a remake of Red/Blue or Yellow, so I can battle Team Rocket in the newer game graphics. Though I'd love the ability to customize my trainer and that means that they'd have to do the remake + add in more, like you can be a boy or a girl and customize your trainer.

My brother and I discussed this a couple of days ago after watching the Geography Now! episode on Italy. If you haven't guessed it already I kinda want a region based on Italy.

It's got Snowy mountains in the north and volcanic mountains to the south. Venice would look great, the fauna is supposed to be really diverse in Italy, most of which are endemic to the region.

I feel like Italy would be a really great region, there are a ton of things to explore in terms of landmarks, the coliseum can be where the league is located or it can be where the battle maison or whatever is.

Maybe somewhere in Australia. Like Tasmania for instance.

Dubai is a pretty nice place and ethiopia or even California because of its diversity like the national parks, beaches mountains, cities, etc..

An Australian region would be quite interesting imo since it's got a fair bit of geographical diversity and there's some interesting concepts I could think of for pokemon, berries, etc. but I'm probably biased because I live there :D

It's really interesting seeing all of the different ideas in this thread though! I never considered a lot of them and I'd be equally happy with any of them if GF were to do something similar

If there's any country I would like to see a Pokemon region based on, it would be Russia. Since I am a huge fan of ice pokemon, an icy region wouldn't be so bad. And while we see more ice pokemon, we could also see a glowing tetris pokemon, a matryoshka pokemon, and fur coats as character customization options. Russia is also where the Nutcracker Suite is composed, so maybe some pokemon based on what the Nutcracker Suite is based on.

Holy **** finally something we can agree on.

This would also be the perfect region for them to buff ice types. I love the idea of the matryoshka Pokemon.

Definitely Arlen Texas. I'd like to see that pokemon trainer try to tell Hank that his Charizard's flaming tail doesn't run on propane or something asinine like that.

We did already have a desert game in Orre.

I'd like to see Australia but I'd also like to see an Asian city, only because Ecruteak is the only place I can name on the top of my head with that aesthetic.

Greece, somewhere in Europe, or a far Northern region (Greenland, Iceland, etc.).

I'm tired of tropical themes in general, so I hope no more of that.

Hmm, that's a toughie? Maybe Japan as there's so much high tech electronics and ****e there, and maybe after completing the regional Pokedex, you could get plane tickets from Nintendo to freely travel all the other regions to catch all their Pokemon too, using the Entralink as a hub world to teleport freely, but only after filling Unova's pokedex and ****e like that, you know? It'd just be so cool to see Nintendo revisit their past, like the remakes, but expanding more and more upon it.

As much as I'd love to see Australia represented (obvious bio diversity, interesting landscape options, personal bias, rarely seen in major video games as is etc,) I'd say it's incredibly unlikely, seeing as they just released the koala looking pokemon. That seems to me like a confirmation that they don't intend to do more than occasionally reference it, like with Kangaskhan :c

Back