• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Buying 🍄art of my mayor in her autumn clothes heh🍄

5cm/s

houseplant enthusiast
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
Feedback
100% (385) +

mini-icone19.gif

hi! with autumn descending on my town, i've (finally lol) changed my mayor's clothes... but i don't have any art of her wearing her new outfit yet!

here's her new ref!: x
(her eyes are brown oops and her face is the first girl's face from this thonky ref) (links to the qr code dress she's wearing as well as other personality things are in the description in the link)

i'd appreciate it if i could see examples of your work first before you start drawing and if you could state how much tbt you'd like :') (i'll probably accept most things bc i like art, but if i don't accept your offer i'm super sorry ;;; i'm trying not to spend aLL my tbt and oh gosh i just feel awful for rejecting anyone though)
i'd prefer digital unless your traditional is pretty clean tumblr_inline_mnz5bjK4an1qz4rgp.gif
i can pay in tbt, igb, sanrio visits/sets, and villagers from this list

thanks so much for dropping by!​

I'd totally do it but still have two more requests to plough through on my shop ^^;

But please take this freebie as a bump of the thread :p

tumblr_owtanxGlCB1u5h0x1o1_400.png

Edit :Actually hold that thought, just noticed you had BEST GIRL gigi on your amiibo list.... uhm... might I call a raincheck on me drawing you a pic? gotta prioritize my shop slots of course, but once I've some time, would you consider trading me gigi for some art? it might be a while, two decently hefty pics to draw still

Last edited:
I'd totally do it but still have two more requests to plough through on my shop ^^;

But please take this freebie as a bump of the thread :p

tumblr_owtanxGlCB1u5h0x1o1_400.png

Edit :Actually hold that thought, just noticed you had BEST GIRL gigi on your amiibo list.... uhm... might I call a raincheck on me drawing you a pic? gotta prioritize my shop slots of course, but once I've some time, would you consider trading me gigi for some art? it might be a while, two decently hefty pics to draw still

girl, you're the best- and that freebie is so pretty its making me cry :')
and ofc!! i'd love to be put on your list of art to do in exchange for gigi! no worries about the wait- i love seeing your art always! :)

My gallery has examples!!
I usually do mayors in the chibi style, but I'd be happy to draw her in whatever if you're interested!!

Generally, I do around 300tbt for half body/bustshots of either style, and 500tbt for full bodies!

I wouldn't mind doing another piece for you, I can make it more detailed and make an animated version of it if you want (you can decide the price after if you accept)

My gallery has examples!!
I usually do mayors in the chibi style, but I'd be happy to draw her in whatever if you're interested!!

Generally, I do around 300tbt for half body/bustshots of either style, and 500tbt for full bodies!

omg i actually had a form all filled in and ready to be pasted into your shop thread for once you finished your current requests and reopened- i'd love a chibi bustshot!! with maybe gray-ish purple lineart? for 300 tbt?

wow i'm actually so happy because i was worried i wouldn't get a slot next time your shop opened- thanks for dropping by here :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wouldn't mind doing another piece for you, I can make it more detailed and make an animated version of it if you want (you can decide the price after if you accept)

sure! i'd love to see what you can do :) tysm for that last drawing too!

omg i actually had a form all filled in and ready to be pasted into your shop thread for once you finished your current requests and reopened- i'd love a chibi bustshot!! with maybe gray-ish purple lineart? for 300 tbt?

wow i'm actually so happy because i was worried i wouldn't get a slot next time your shop opened- thanks for dropping by here :)

Sweet, guess I read your mind lmao
I'm just about finished w my two current orders, then I'll start yours right after!! thanks > w <

Last edited:
I could probably do one ehe, for examples of my work if you need them I'll pm them to you, and for tbt I'm not exactly sure aha, so offer what you would like. (?)

Not trying to sound rude (sorry if I am) but how come people get offered like 300 tbt for a chibi bust shot and stuff ?

I could probably do one ehe, for examples of my work if you need them I'll pm them to you, and for tbt I'm not exactly sure aha, so offer what you would like. (?)

ooh yes i'd love to see your art! i'm pretty awful at pricing as well ( in pwyw shops i always end up just looking at everyone else's offers ;; ) so it might help me gauge a price. if you've sold art before, lmk what kinds of prices you had there :)
tysm for coming by!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not trying to sound rude (sorry if I am) but how come people get offered like 300 tbt for a chibi bust shot and stuff ?

oh gosh now i feel really awful ;; i've seen around 100-150 for chibi bustshots but i usually only see prices like 300 for fully body, fully shaded stuff... sometimes its bc the artist chose that price and sometimes its just bc people will pay more for art they think has dynamic movement / fluidity of anatomy and emotion

i feel really bad now if my payment wasn't enough- i based it off of what another artist was asking for with a similar art style. if you seriously think i lowballed you, please lmk how much you wanted and i can adjust accordingly ;;

Just keep working hard and you'll get there! I don't want to sound rude either... but whilst you clearly put a lot of time into what you're doing.... the technical skill just isn't there yet. I'm not super either, but you should focus on things like line consistency and proportions- I'm really not trying to sound rude but unfortunately its pretty hard to discuss these things delicately... I'm going to assume you're working on a phone app, this is one thing that will limit you, It's very hard to get polish on a phone in my experience, but still! you are putting in a lot of time. Next, your proportions need a lot of work, as well as your anatomy, of course this is all stuff that will come with time. For example, the hands and feet don't really look like hands or feet, the hands are actually not bad, but they are so small compared to the head that it's a bit odd, even for chibi. Chibi is more about a simplified style anatomy wise, it doesn't necessarily mean a lack of detail. Try working on making things more detailed (ex. things like the boots looking like normal boots but cute and small, not stumps, or the dress having details like the buttons being more pronounced)

I know you're very, VERY clearly put a lot of time into this, but to get more tbt you will have to work hard to improve overall. I hope I don't sound to harsh, I'm just trying to answer honestly. When I used to post here a few years back I just did work for free because my art wasn't good enough, and my range of what I COULD draw was also poor. Just keep working hard every day and you'll improve very rapidly. I know people want digital art, but I suggest to work on improving drawing traditionally- try not to use the phone too much, phone drawing apps are not really made to produce finished art really :S . I'd say just draw draw draw as much as you can (read books and stuff on art too if you have the time) and one day you'll get to where you want to be. In fact I'd say you're ahead of many young artists I see in other ways, you're not doing the classic hiding the hands, the character is not blinking- you're not taking shortcuts- you'll get to where you wanna be, it will just take time.

Just keep working hard and you'll get there! I don't want to sound rude either... but whilst you clearly put a lot of time into what you're doing.... the technical skill just isn't there yet. I'm not super either, but you should focus on things like line consistency and proportions- I'm really not trying to sound rude but unfortunately its pretty hard to discuss these things delicately... I'm going to assume you're working on a phone app, this is one thing that will limit you, It's very hard to get polish on a phone in my experience, but still! you are putting in a lot of time. Next, your proportions need a lot of work, as well as your anatomy, of course this is all stuff that will come with time. For example, the hands and feet don't really look like hands or feet, the hands are actually not bad, but they are so small compared to the head that it's a bit odd, even for chibi. Chibi is more about a simplified style anatomy wise, it doesn't necessarily mean a lack of detail. Try working on making things more detailed (ex. things like the boots looking like normal boots but cute and small, not stumps, or the dress having details like the buttons being more pronounced)

I know you're very, VERY clearly put a lot of time into this, but to get more tbt you will have to work hard to improve overall. I hope I don't sound to harsh, I'm just trying to answer honestly. When I used to post here a few years back I just did work for free because my art wasn't good enough, and my range of what I COULD draw was also poor. Just keep working hard every day and you'll improve very rapidly. I know people want digital art, but I suggest to work on improving drawing traditionally- try not to use the phone too much, phone drawing apps are not really made to produce finished art really :S . I'd say just draw draw draw as much as you can (read books and stuff on art too if you have the time) and one day you'll get to where you want to be. In fact I'd say you're ahead of many young artists I see in other ways, you're not doing the classic hiding the hands, the character is not blinking- you're not taking shortcuts- you'll get to where you wanna be, it will just take time.

That was a lot for me to read J E S U S

Back