Seeking some creative insight

ashubii

Dream Weaver
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Pansy
I have this spot in my town that I'm a little bit stuck with. Originally the plan was to have my Town Hall with the Fairytale theme and also have this house next to it look like the fairytale castle. However, I'm starting to think it's a bit awkwardly placed. It might be too close to the Town Hall, and too close to the villager below it, to have the effect (and entrance) a castle should. I've tried a lot of different ideas in my planning map but nothing has stuck out to me yet. I'm afraid I can't move the house either, as there's no room anywhere else. Deleting it entirely wouldn't be an issue, though.

So I'm just curious to see if anyone has any an idea for it that I may not have considered, before I go in and make big changes!

Blue = Town Hall
Brown = Human House
Lime = Shrub
Green = Tree
Yellow = Lampposts
Black = Rock

rainhouse.jpg

When I think of a castle I think of the main building ("tower") in the middle/back. And in the front of it and off to the sides there's smaller buildings leading up to it. With what you have right now there's two buildings just side by side. If you're going for your house being the main building of the castle is there any way to move the house back a bit so there's more leading up to it?

I could move it back one space, but I wouldn't be able to plant trees behind it. It's not my mayor's house, so I wasn't really imagining it as a focal point before; I just wanted to use the fairytale exterior and it wouldn't suit my mayor. But i suppose the town hall with the same theme would look better as a focal point between the two..

I do like the set-up you have going on - are you attached to the villager living there? I think more open space in front to decorate with bushes and trees would bring it together. But overall I like your creativity!

I do like the set-up you have going on - are you attached to the villager living there? I think more open space in front to decorate with bushes and trees would bring it together. But overall I like your creativity!

The villager that I have down there, I have his Amiibo card so I could technically move him elsewhere. I considered that, too, just to give me more space there. I'm sort of wondering now if having a fairytale themed castle right next to a fairytale themed town hall would be too much, though

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you, by the way c: I spent a long time just unlocking pwps, so I have a lot of actual work to do in the town itself

I find that that is a good location for a house, but not a fairy-tale castle. I'd keep the house placement but do the fairy-tale castle somewhere else. Or make it a sand castle assuming that the brown line on the side represents a cliff and not a river. That's just what I would do, though.

I'd say maybe put more trees in front of the town hall and the house. Make it less uniform. Maybe put a fountain in between? You would have to remove the street lamp.make it look more over grown. That's what I think if you want to keep it like that.

Back