• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Looking for modern towns + inspo

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
Switch
4283-9990-2999
Recently I've gotten the urge to completely re-landscape my town. It's gotten stale and predictable for me (I don't want to restart though!) so I was thinking of turning it from a zen forest town into a modern one? I'm still not sure if I will or not but if I do I'll start doing it after Halloween.

Soo if I do go through with this I'd like some inspiration, does anyone know of any modern towns? Also do y'all have any ideas I could do for the town, such as certain pwp areas (I already have a playground park which I will keep if I change) or anything like that?

Also what about paths? I don't want to use a typical road/sidewalk but what else would look good? I was thinking maybe some sort of dark brick, opinions?

The clear PWPs would be the modern police station, town hall, train station, bench, bridge, clock, and streetlight.

The pile of pipes and chair sculpture could be modern art in your town (depends if you like them or not :p). The illuminated pieces could also work and look awesome at night!

Some miscellaneous that are also options would be water fountains, fire hydrant, road signs, stadium light, statue fountain, video screen, drilling rig, solar panels, and tower.

I think even brick pathways would look nice between your projects :) Happy designing!

The clear PWPs would be the modern police station, town hall, train station, bench, bridge, clock, and streetlight.

The pile of pipes and chair sculpture could be modern art in your town (depends if you like them or not :p). The illuminated pieces could also work and look awesome at night!

Some miscellaneous that are also options would be water fountains, fire hydrant, road signs, stadium light, statue fountain, video screen, drilling rig, solar panels, and tower.

I think even brick pathways would look nice between your projects :) Happy designing!

Thank you for the ideas! :) I do love the illuminated projects at night, I wish they could glow during the day too though but oh well. And I was thinking of adding another water fountain and having a statue fountain on each side of it (once tipper will request those)

Last edited:
I have a modern town I'm working on right now but it's too much of a wip for it to be good to show anyone. I've used most of the PWP's listed above, as well as a few others. I find the cube sculpture to work really well in a modern town. I have two of them next to each other in front of one of my character's house separated by the path and I think it looks really great.

For modern towns I think a key is to make the trees and bushes look really structured and planned out, rather than natural looking. All houses and buildings should also have an ordered look to them. I only have one forest-y area in my town, where the campground is, and for that I added the Do not Enter and Caution signs to make it still feel modern.

For my path I found a really neat one in a Dream Address that I felt worked nicely. It's a white brick. I don't think you need to do a road/sidewalk thing though I myself was tempted to. I feel like a dark brick would also work out nicely for a modern town!

When I was looking for inspiration myself I used the official Dream Address's page on this forum and searched for the word 'Modern'. I was really inspired by what I saw! I hope it can help you too!

I have a modern town I'm working on right now but it's too much of a wip for it to be good to show anyone. I've used most of the PWP's listed above, as well as a few others. I find the cube sculpture to work really well in a modern town. I have two of them next to each other in front of one of my character's house separated by the path and I think it looks really great.

For modern towns I think a key is to make the trees and bushes look really structured and planned out, rather than natural looking. All houses and buildings should also have an ordered look to them. I only have one forest-y area in my town, where the campground is, and for that I added the Do not Enter and Caution signs to make it still feel modern.

For my path I found a really neat one in a Dream Address that I felt worked nicely. It's a white brick. I don't think you need to do a road/sidewalk thing though I myself was tempted to. I feel like a dark brick would also work out nicely for a modern town!

When I was looking for inspiration myself I used the official Dream Address's page on this forum and searched for the word 'Modern'. I was really inspired by what I saw! I hope it can help you too!

sorry for the late reply on this! thank you for the ideas! :) I love the cube sculpture and wanted to incorporate that too, maybe one between my mayor and fourth character's house. also I like your idea of a white brick! I've been searching around and found some pretty neat ones so far. plus I do want to have it be very organized and structured (something my current town is lacking lol)

alsoo this is a bump i suppose! I'm still looking for any and all suggestions~ so feel free to help out if you can!

Last edited:
Back